Zoomers have childhood nostalgia for YouTube, Minecraft, and iPads

>Zoomers have childhood nostalgia for YouTube, Minecraft, and iPads

How do you feel about this?

Attached: 1546419846630.png (890x560, 761K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss–Howe_generational_theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it was destined to happen.

bump

Boomer > Zoomer > Doomer

>tfw y2k zoomer but everyone on Jow Forums hates zoomers
feels bad man

Attached: zoomer.png (434x327, 26K)

FUCK YOU MAN YOU PERSONALLY RUINED EVERYTHING
Just kidding, I don't find you any more or less vapid or vain than my generation. It's all shit.

>It's all shit.
Even when you have these boards where people are willing to stop think for a moment, it inevitably degenerates into hedonism, consumerism and pure selfishness by otherwise not-totally-dumb people. Well, what you gonna do.

Attached: Pic74-0_rlt.png (1280x910, 1.79M)

>Fortnite

Attached: 1546748917640.jpg (480x305, 27K)

>Humans grow up
>How do you feel about this?
what a great observation, i wonder what other things you can teach us user

My cum doesn't taste all that good desu

Myspace > Facebook
At least myspace never destroyed the world.

I don't even think I count as a zoomer and I played minecraft and watched youtube as a kid. That stuff is like 10+ years old.

>doomers have nostalgia for gameboys, pokemon, and irc

That's because generational designations are pure marketing bullshit and anyone who uses them should be purged

t. zoomer

youtube poops, gmod videos, and flash games are apart of my nostalgia; dumb shit is always popular with kids

What’s a doomer?

Zoomers were born late 90s onward shitface zoomer

Attached: PSDT.11.15.18_postmillennials-00-01-.png (203x398, 42K)

Doomers aren't a generation

What comes after Zoomers? Or are we still in the Zoomers-being-born stage?

> back in 2012 when i was 10

OOFFF

Attached: tumblr_lishpiSM8O1qgubxao1_1280.png (1280x688, 1.1M)

Vroom-vroom-vroomers. They'll go around on those mini scooters all the time

Gen Alpha

>born in 99
>12 in 2012
>20 in a few months
get mad octogenarians

I played it for the first time today

I don't give a shit. Why do you? And what made you think this thread was appropriate to post here and not on /b/ or Jow Forums?

Oomers

>people have nostalgia for things from their youth
Imagine my shock.

personally i don't understand '10s nostalgia, but the '00s i can relate to. i'm 18 but had a sibling born in '95, which made a bit of a dent in my childhood. by the '10s i just viewed all the stuff coming out as "new", not part of my childhood but rather my adolescence. since we were siblings we grew up with most of the same shit (same toys, game consoles, etc.) which is why the exclusive "90s kid" bs always annoyed me so much. ya can't just say people born on dec '99 relate to something but people born jan '00 don't, shit carries over, nothing instantly stops being relevant. what i'm seeing here in OP's image is the exact same shit repeated, so if you want my 2c OP to me it's nothing new. that mindset only exists to divide people and exclusive nostalgia in the style of OP's image (but also for other decades as well, '70s, '80s, you name it) only promotes that shitty way of thinking

i can understand being nostalgic for the 00s though, like we're the last generation that was able to experience the internet as it was still growing and taking shape. early youtube, newgrounds, neopets, webkinz, etc. as well as the last generation to experience the shift in things like vhs->dvds, crts->flatscreen (this might be different for others but for me growing up all these things were still commonplace), in short like an improved echo of the 90s. but with the '10s, technology has kinda settled now, games look "good enough" and we've kinda hit a plateau as far as consumer tech is concerned, since it's now capable of doing everything we need it to. everything else is just convenience or eye candy, i.e. 4k monitors. i'm not even sure what 10s nostalgia would even look like because of this

also isn't it too early to even be nostalgic for the '10s? like using OP's image as an example most of the kids are both praising shit from the early '10s but complaining about shit from the late '10s, it makes no sense to me. its the same decade

tl;dr it's just 90s kids shit pt. 2

Attached: strauss-howe.png (850x505, 142K)

according to that I'm a few months away from zoomer. These are all made up marketing demographics anyway.

>crts->flatscreen
CRTs were already flat screen by the '00s

Sea levels are rising, desertification is ongoing and population is increasing

No more roomers

by this definition's logic, millennials on average had children at age 15. that isn't how generations work, the length of a generation is determined by the average age at which that generation had children. the strauss-howe theory (which runs millennials from 1984-2004, and also defined millennials) is a bit more accurate in this regard. at the end of the day definitions are really inconsistent which is why the generation theory shit is a waste of time. if you can't concretely define something then the definition is useless

honestly to me it isn't about zoomers themselves as much as it's their views on technology in general. i was born in '00 but at the same time grew up surrounded by obsolete technology and also started using the internet from a very young age and as a result relate more to things typically associated with gen y, but other people i knew who grew up in different environments (one of them i think didn't start using the internet until 2012 for example) are way more zoomer-y. it's the "haha wtf is irc and why do i have to use c for my compsci course??/" type of "zoomers" that (completely understandably) annoy Jow Forums

i was more referring to lcds specifically but in any case, people don't immediately upgrade to whatever the newest thing is. in the same way you could've grown up in the late 80s and still experience vinyl left over from before the transition to cds

itt

Attached: DvpdXy2UwAE679U.jpg large.jpg (640x353, 21K)

>the length of a generation is determined by the average age at which that generation had children
this is the internet
"boomer" and "zoomer" both refer to millenials of different age groups and generations are now defined by what cartoons and video games you watched growing up

1995 is the last of Millennials. Dec 99 and Jan 2000 are both zoomers.

>i was more referring to lcds
I had a flat screen CRT in 1992

what about it? that doesn't have anything to do with the transition of crts->lcds

We're just jealous of your youth.
t. boomer

Feels odd to know you're no longer part of the "youth" culture and to think 2012 feels like a short years away. So you win Op: Time goes by too fast.
T. Boomer

Zoomers think "flat screens" are lcds

it's completely arbitrary. some definitions put zoomers at 9/11, the most known puts it at '04, some drop it at '95, others go all the way up to '07, the definitions are so varied that i think the image still sums up this thread pretty well. the sentiment of the image is still there even if you changed the years to 95/96 respectively, it's still people using something completely negligible like someone's birth year as a way to ostracize them

Good for them honestly. They will never have to know the pain of seeing pic related

Attached: 1480772378935.jpg (3212x1744, 1.05M)

that's not a zoomer thing that's just a not knowing about video technology thing, my mom who's a gen xer used the same terminology and mom knows best, i really love my mom

>How do you feel about this?
More upset by the fact that people have to obsess over getting upset at what kids these days like. Who gives a fuck.

man i fuckin wish lmao, this is still how troubleshooting goes for me 90% of the time

>population is increasing, no more roomers
Nice meme but population is about to flatline at about 12 billion. You know that, right user?

I've had all of it mate but probably cause I was born in 97. Especially all the stuff off 4shared which was basically mediafire

>When you're a mid 80's millennial but just feel like a gen X'er who was born too late.

>Boomer
>Vision, Values, Religion
>The generation who prioritized short term gains, and uses religion to excuse shifting values based on their situation

parenting keeps getting worse and worse so kids end up being more and more insufferable. silent/boomers are where devoice rates went sky high and parents started telling kids they could be anything they wanted to be, which is bullshit, most people are fucking idiots.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss–Howe_generational_theory

That graphic glosses over the negatives associated with each group.

>Prophet (Idealist) generations enter childhood during a High, a time of rejuvenated community life and consensus around a new societal order. Prophets grow up as the increasingly indulged children of this post-Crisis era, come of age as self-absorbed young crusaders of an Awakening, focus on morals and principles in midlife, and emerge as elders guiding another Crisis.[55] Examples: Transcendental Generation, Missionary Generation, Baby Boomers.

>be born in rural america in late 90's
>be gen Y both in age and in drastically delayed subculture changes

Anyone born in 2000 is a zoomer, 2000 is the cutoff. In retrospect I'm glad it took us until 2015 to get an internet connection fast enough to watch yotube at a resolution higher than 144p.

Attached: s.png (483x214, 12K)

That's outdated. Recent cutoff is 96. If you don't remember 9/11 you're a zoomer.

I vaguely remember 9/11 but my parents were getting divorced at the time and those memories seem to block out a lot of other things. I also remember my grandmother being extremely racist due to it. She did cool down about the time hurricane katrina rolled around though because texas was going to die

>back in 2012 when i was 10

By that time I had already been a NEET for 5 years

Shit, I'm old.

I'm 18 and have nostalgia for 2008-2012, I think I'm similar to you except I'm the oldest child and my parents wouldn't let me use a computer until they bought me a netbook in 2009, which I pretty much only used to play dumb flash games (Newgrounds and other now-defunct sites) and other games like Club Penguin, Wizard101, and, yes, Minecraft. In 2011-2012, I figured out how to talk to strangers on forums, the first being an Enjin site for a Minecraft server I was playing on.. and that eventually led me to this place. /blog

fuck it, I still have nostalgia for everything up to 2016, but that might be because that's seeming like the high point in my life right now.. the 7700K was the first processor that I consider "new".. nothing in pop culture has made sense to me since the 6700K came out.. I built my PC with a 4770K and in 10 years I'll probably still be using it to post on here,, shoutout to my niggas still using their Q6600 systems because I'll be you one day

im 27 and the only thing im nostalgic in the last 12 years was being a teenage hikki neet

Attached: 154732774246.jpg (450x600, 96K)

No ragretz. Good job zoomers !

How were your first impressions

Poorfag y2k zoomer here.
Was raised with brother's gameboy color and played games on my dad's 486 pc.

nostalgia is really weird for me. there is 9 years between my sister and i, i'm 23 and she is 32 and my parents were well into their 30s when they had me. this meant that my extended family, cousins and what not, also were much older than me. so, growing up, i had the nostalgia of an older bunch put on me, and therefore i sorta never particularly got to establish my own contemporary connections that should be nostalgia now. it is a bit disconnecting as there is a lot of movies, video games and music i have no idea about from the 00s just because everyone else around me was very nostalgic about the early to mid 90s when i was at my most impressionable. it probably wasn't well into my teens, at around 14 - 16, did i actually start to acquire my own tastes, so my nostalgia is still quite recent, in relation to how bygone it should be at 23. though, i would like to think, there are common nostalgic moments not influenced by relatives around, such as 2005 - 2007 youtube, using an internet forum for the first time, runescape / world of warcraft, winamp radio stations and yahoo chat / game rooms that everyone experienced regardless. i can't say that i particularly miss any of it, but i miss how fascinating it all was at the time.

Attached: 1541642297548.png (498x594, 122K)

Literally a generation of chads

>oldskool

Attached: psx.png (1447x1357, 41K)

I rather be zoomer than millenial
t. born in 95

I'm 32 and I have never seen a Commodore 64 in person, only in a Youtube video. I also remember Gameboys and Playstations like people much younger than me because I was often hanging around with people younger than me instead of older. I was always lagging behind in these things anyway. I often feel like I was born too early because my life doesn't correlate with my generation's expectations. Even if something had been invented in my childhood didn't automatically mean I would own it, or even see it. Nowadays kids seem to get electronics much easier so pretty much everyone has everything.

I don't remeber flat screen crts, and I've never met anyone who owned one.

kinda can relate to them
means 19 yearolds from tinder come to my place to suck dick

Depends on at what age you started using computers. I was born in 99 but remember the internet from 2005-2010.

Fine? It would be weird if they were nostalgic for things they didn't experience when they were younger?
Like what, you want them to light up a lucky strike, put on their Nina Simone records and talk about the war?

I had one in my garage up til a few months ago. They were pretty common but since TV's didn't break as much back then there's a good change everyone you knew had an older one with the convex screen.

>Minecraft, and iPads
Thank God that Mineraft & iPad memes died.

>YouTube
Long LIve Pew Die Pie & PC Games
Fortnite will die like Minecraft in Few Years

t. 20yo Millenial

Attached: Devil May Cry.png (579x450, 380K)

Minecraft isn't dead it just isn't memed as much anymore.

>Thank God that Mineraft & iPad memes died.
Every time I fly I always see some kid playing minecraft on his parent's tablet.

20 is Zoomer

I feel like they probably still have nice smooth bum holes

how does Jow Forums feel about non-american zoomers?

>tfw born in 96
dodged a bullet there

Attached: 1492388170882.png (538x601, 179K)

i saw a news story about Emily Rodda today, who else grew up with Deltora Quest?

You're an elder zoomer. 95 is the starting point.

double dubs dont lie desu

This is true.
I got memed into trying it, I even tried one of those "yummy cummy" food diets.

Don't worry you'll be able to relate in 10 years, not very long time in restrospect.

wrong generation, the 2001 kids(myself) can finally stop lurking. Basically anyone up to 2002 dosen't play fortnite. Hell, I didn't even grow up with internet.

These classifications are bullshit, what the fuck does somebody born in 1981 have in common with a kid who just graduated high school a few years ago? Millennial generation is 1989-1996, plus or minus ~2 years on either side depending on external factors.

No I don't, I miss unreal tournament, runescape and having friends

my family had one until at least 2014. Kept using it until it stopped turning on

>born in late 96.
>now 22
>iphone came out when I was 10
>grew up on gamecube and DS lite

I fucking know there's like 30,000 of you people born in or almost in 1995 who have been using Jow Forums since 2009 or so exactly like me.

don't care. it's the cycle of life, get used to it.

I was using this website when you were a wittle baby.

>23
>doomer wojak

KYS

Tfw new stuff used to come a few years later to your country, feels European man(except maybe England)

>retards post meta-nostalgia nostalgia threads and think they're superior to zoomers having non-meta nostalgia

You're just as bad if not worse for not seeing the irony. Rosemary in all fields.

I was born in 1994 and I've never played fortnite. am I a zoomer?

25 year old boomer obviously

I am old enough to have used windows 95, typewriters and I installed the original Doom via floppy disks
am I a boomer?

You don't actually think there is a difference between a 35 year old and a 21 year old, right?