Notetaking

What does Jow Forums use for notetaking?

Hi Jow Forums, student user here wondering what the notetaking solution of choice is. I personally prefer writing my notes in markdown so I used boostnote for a year but I'm fed up with electron and shitty design.

Also has to run on windows, I need to run windows only software in classes and don't want to have to reboot into Linux to take notes like an autist.

Attached: 10iq.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Lamy safari in a rhodia webnotebook

Pen and paper, don't have your laptop out in class it is just a distraction. yo go from oh ill take notes with it to shitposting on Jow Forums and amazon shopping within a week of classes.... If the laptop is in your backpack it is much less of a distraction.

based, transcribing the notes to markdown will also help you remember and reflect on the lecture (and make you think about and improve notetaking in general). I tried this my last year of school, and it was very good. Also, when you write the markdown, more files is better (one file/lecture is better then one/subject). Just use the program you usually write stuff in, since markdown works everywhere. I hate to say it but VScode have some neat built in markdown preview, and since you already said you are bound too wangbloat, why not swallow the whole falukorv.

>Lamy safari
it's still my favorite meme that these piece of shit fountain pens are the weapon of choice for fedora paper warriors, because they're babby's first fountain pen for every primary schooler in Germany.

Been unironically considering this. Considering that all my other options look more painful I'll probably do this.

I will have 6 different classes on each week which means a total of 12 books to manage (1 for exercises and such, one for notetaking). Any ideas on how to manage them more effeciently?

I'm the only person who uses pen and paper, don't use a computer unless it's necessary
Top of my class btw :^)

Thinkpad x1 yoga with OneNote using stylus.
>Wangblows
Stuck using WSL for development, don't want the hassle of dual booting.
Can anyone recommend any Linux OneNote alternatives? (Not OneNote in wine)

OneNote in a virtual machine

AlphaSmart Neo if you're too gay to use pen & paper.

This

I make flashcards with Anki.
Spaced repetition works wonders for everything, not just nipspeak.
Yes, even math and programming.

unironically notepad++
also i message my steam alt any on-the-fly notes, thoughts, etc. because it syncs perfectly between my pc and phone without any bullshit or needless complication

Attached: 15.jpg (1420x946, 57K)

supermemo

gvim with a markdown plugin of your choice, filesystem hierarchy for organizing notes. you don't need a 10gb cloud connected bloatware note-taking "app" to fucking write text, we've been doing just great without them for years.

Just use fucking org mode like a normal person.

Simplenote. Supports markdown and all os including loonix.

Get a locker

Peak zoomer

I legit tried all the note taking programs that were libre and free however with all of them i had the problem of syncing my notes between my devices. Since i didnt own a vps i gave up on syncing my notes so i reailzed the best way of taking notes without becoming the part of the botnet is to buy a small notebook and carry it with you.

Get a soft cover binder and keep everything in it. Transfer out notes you don’t need to keep it thin.

Just put your notes on github

Syncthing works just fine for me, as long as any two devices you want to sync will be connected to the internet at the same time.

Google Docs
Don't care about the botnet having my college stuff
Sometimes handwrite it, but always scan it to Google drive after the lecture.

Use zim wiki or nextnote

org-mode, absolute best and can be stored in git. don't buy into the "pen and paper" meme.