Pulse Audio or alsa?

Pulse Audio or alsa?

Attached: iceweasel.png (2000x2000, 1.19M)

pc beeper

MIDI

pulseaudio is straight out of the box, alsa you need to configure everything manually

I unironically had to install pulseaudio to get audio working. Alsa sadly didn't want to "just werk" with my hardware.

pulse because that's what everything comes with

Did you forget to unmute Alsa?

Both.

pulseaudio is degenerate bloatware for retards and colored people

I went through the troubleshooting steps and read through the gentoo wiki setup guide, but I said fuck it and recompiled my kernel with different modules and installed pulseaudio. I figured that since I already had systemd and KDE that pulseaudio would be just another drop in the bucket of bloat

What would you recommend to do then nigger?

Unless you need something ALSA doesn't provide, why complicate things?

ALSA, unless you need pulseaudio for some reason. Don't fix it if it ain't broke, keep it simple, stupid, and so on.

OSS

I tried to set my audio with alsa and it sounded like shit, I installed pulseaudio and it pretty much did everything. Maybe I'm just too retarded.

ALSA since it just werks.

JACK

Might as well just install Windows at that point

Pulse lets me put media apps on my soundbar, voicechats on my headset/mic, and everything else on my desktop speakers, and easily move anything back and forth when I want.

Anything else doesn't really matter to me.

audio under linux worked for me with zero manual configuration until I installed gentoo. I knew what I was getting into

>pulsebotaudionet

>using systemd on gentoo
you're missing the point

I have no issues with systemd at all, in fact starting services in parallel to speed up boot times is something that makes it better than SysVinit. And hell, anything is better than Ubuntu's Upstart.