/spg/ - Smartphone General

Where the fuck are the small phones edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: jelly android phone.png (346x383, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2019/01/12/plausible-oneplus-7-leak-shows-all-screen-notch-free-sliding-design/
gsmarena.com/sony_mobile_exec_hints_that_the_xperia_compact_line_has_been_axed-news-35037.php
gsmarena.com/newsdetail.php3?idNews=35037
gsmarena.com/redmi_note_7_is_actually_waterproof_kind_of-amp-35045.php
xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t-no-wireless-charging-water-resistant-no-ip-rating/
ifixit.org/blog/10111/oneplus-6-teardown/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm thinking about getting a 6"+ phone to read ebooks on, is this bad idea?

That’s a perfect phone to hide in your ass then smuggle into a prison.

When I first saw that I wanted one.

I want world peace and an anime girlfriend.
But much like your wish list mine will never exist either.

I have a Xiaomi A2 Lite
What's a good rom to use?

Ebooks have adjustable font size adjustment so you can make it as large or as small as you want, just make sure it's at least 1080p so you don't see the pixellation on letters.
Phone weight may be more of a metric you should look into, if it's too heavy it's not very comfortable to read with one handed for a long time. Although you could always add a popsocket for grip like in pic.

Attached: pop-socket-500x500.jpg (320x320, 23K)

Mmmm, phone buttplugs.

Attached: 76uc9d372db01.png (376x484, 445K)

Popsockets are a testament how badly designed phones are these days. Like "hey we made a device you can't get a proper grip on so now you have to stick additional shit to it."

I hate buying new phones, I wish my old one would last forever.

>a fucking slider

androidpolice.com/2019/01/12/plausible-oneplus-7-leak-shows-all-screen-notch-free-sliding-design/

Attached: oneplus-7-leaked-1.jpg (2048x1536, 307K)

Introducing: The Samsung Ball (TM)

To combat lagging smartphone sales, we can no longer afford to simply appeal to everyone. No, we must explore every niche market to fully saturate the world in our tech. After digging deep and finding only the most autistic drones on the internet, we found a niche that we could have never predicted. Oh yes, we found someone fully incapable of actually holding a rectangle in their hands. Though we thought such a creature could not exist, they seemed to have made it through their childhood having never interacted with shapes. Their motor skills lacking, our engineers set about to find a solution. After 1 day, they came back with heads hung low. This failure of a human being could fix their problem with something already invented and patented --a popsocket. It was truly a sad day for us. However, seeing as the patent was not ours, I set our engineers to find a better solution, a solution that was ours to own. We adapted our curved screen technology into one continuous curve. In fact, the curve never ends, and the phone is actually just a ball. This new breakthrough in phone technology will allow us to explore otherwise unknown territories of profit and saturation. No one can compete, and we really think we have a winner here.

fucking chink crap LOL
glad I'm using a Zenfone Max Pro M1, fuck these chink flagships.

Hi Jow Forums, I need your advice. I'm looking to spend BIGLY on an Android phone. I currently have the S8+ but I was disappointed by how easily the screen broke (literally at the first drop). I also like bigger screens. So I would get the Note 9, but I prefer a more durable alternative.

Attached: 20180809201756_samsung_galaxy_note_9.jpg (967x1182, 137K)

I might get an iPhone SE just for the ability to fucking hold my phone. I wonder if it's possible to flash some kind of Android OS onto it. I got a Moto X4 for Christmas, and while it's a fabulous phone, even at 5.2 inches it's still too fucking slippery in my hands.

Just buy the Note 9 and slap on a Ringke case, the smoke black one, for maximum aesthetics and protection.

What's the catch with Xiamoi Redmi Note 7 guys? With the specs that have been released, it seems like it should be retailing for at least triple the price they've got it for (~$150).

>spend BIGLY
>more durable alternative
CAT S61. Its the ultimate Boomer Smartphone and I like it.

Attached: S61.png (933x533, 1.21M)

Note 9 or Mate 20 Pro, boys?
I'm less inclined about Huawei due to recent events, but I can't decide because they're great phones.

Thanks for the suggestions. I might wait to see what Sony does with the XZ4.

The stock one

It should be good, the only place where it can shit the bed is the cameras. Sony's always had terrible processing and software for their phone cams.

Yes this is a bad idea. You want a Kindle for reading books.

£60 with a nice e-ink display, and you can pirate all the reading material you want for free.

Attached: kindle-paperwhite_0035-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 143K)

As an Ausfaggot, should I be considering phones that don't have LTE B28?

Seconded, e-ink displays are infinitely better than typical tablet screeens for reading on.

I'm kinda interested in this too, phones like the redmi note 7 are missing B28, but is missing one band bad enough to wait for a international version, or will it basically function fine?

Is it worth switching from a non plus S9 to a pixel 2 non xl for the software? I'm disappointed in oneui but also like the small bezels of the S9.

Attached: samsunggalaxys9vsgooglepixel23.jpg (1600x1200, 245K)

Why not Pickle 3?

Too expensive and not worth the price. I'd be spending at least $150-200 burgers to upgrade.

>fucking chink crap LOL
>glad I'm using a Zenfone Max Pro M1, fuck these chink flagships.
You again with this bullshit...

>Thanks for the suggestions. I might wait to see what Sony does with the XZ4.
Nothing.
gsmarena.com/sony_mobile_exec_hints_that_the_xperia_compact_line_has_been_axed-news-35037.php

Yeah, I'm looking at the Pocophone, since it has a decent battery, a headphone jack and an active LineageOS port, but I don't know if the lack of B28 will be a problem. If it just means it will fall back to HSDPA when I'm indoors, that's probably fine.

Yeah he's not aware that he bought even worse quality shit
top kek

Ok, boys. I have 2 phones. Which should I keep and why?

Moto G6
iPhone XS Max

The ONLY thing I need this phone for is to properly load a certain modern website that won't open on my old phone. Both phones meet this requirement.

My current phone usage is none at all. I just text/call my parents.

Newsflash:
They said the same shit two years ago and then we got the XZ1C

Pls respond

Clickbait people, clickbait. They dont directly say or confirm its axed. We need to wait forMWCto get legit, straight answer.

>Sony Mobile’s Vice President of Marketing, Don Mesa [...] also hinted that the Xperia XZ4 Compact may not launch at all. He said that the company stuck with the “Compact” line for a long time because of the ease of use, but that people want a lot more surface area for their content now.

This could hint that a XZ5/XZ6 Compact is unlikely, but there are already renders, and cases for XZ4 Compact being sold online, which means XZ4 Compact is likely only an announcement away.

Why is nobody talking about Nubia X or the chink flip phone?

Any XZ4c news?

>price
>screensize
>headphone jack
>amoled

If they release it, I'm hoping it will be popular enough that they won't axe the whole line. Or someone else will start doing smaller models.

Surely the fuckhuge trend will die out someday? R-right guys? Anyday now!

Flip a coin. Heads iPhone, tails Moto.
Though if I may look too deeply into your conundrum for a moment, it sounds like you're using it as a presentation piece or something, in which cases normies will like the iPhone better.

Having a look at the two phones in comparison on kimovil, they're both easily overkill for what you want to use them for.
The iPhone seems to be the better phone out of the two, but the differences look marginal, although it does have an oled screen.
It mostly would depend on which OS you like using more, and whether or not things like the proprietary port, no audio jack and no expandable memory are deal breakers.

iPhone, since it'll remain usable, up to date and secure years ahead, whereas Moto G series usually get only 1-2 years of updates.

100 hours more until i can enable oem unlock

Get rid of the stupid iPhone while it's still at the peak of it's value, before the next model comes out or prices drop from Apple not selling phones.

Otherwise you're spending $1k+ to text your mom. That kind of thing will keep you texting your mom and not a gf.

>Yeah he's not aware that he bought even worse quality shit
>top kek
What have I bought? I sense you don't have telepathic abilities.

>Surely the fuckhuge trend will die out someday? R-right guys? Anyday now!
Hey user, you like the latest and greatest phones, right? Can you bring your 70 inch microLED phone to the party next week?

Sony Xperia XZ4 Compact has been axed?!?
gsmarena.com/newsdetail.php3?idNews=35037

Attached: Sony-Xperia-XZ4-Compact-4-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 22K)

>Zenfone
>worse quality
jeez how many PRC credits does shilling on Jow Forums gain you, Xiang? dew ne low moh!

I have a Samsung S7 with a cracked screen which I need to replace. I am looking for some good sub $400 suggestions for phones.

Please keep in mind I only have ever used Samsung Galaxy phones and am US based.

Any ideas?

Attached: rhodesianthot.jpg (666x1033, 327K)

It's not 100% confirmed, the Sony marketing guy was being very vague. Just wait until MWC and see.

Also, do you think I should hold out til after some more new phones come out? Seems like alot got announced this month.

Which carrier?

She is arousing owo

AT&T

I would wait, if you can bear to use your phone with a cracked screen a while longer. A ton of new phones will be announced at, or around the time of MWC 2019 at the end of February.

I can certainly try. Only issue is that I am starting to get some input errors on the touch screen. Due to the cracks it will track my finger wrong. Oh well.

How long after new product announcements do we typically see price drops in older models? I wouldn't mind getting something a little older just to make sure I am getting my moneys worth?

maybe it means a bezel-less, notch-less compact model, and they'll add a small screen to the back side for selfies/face-time

Moto g5 plus or g6?

Yeah, fascinating. Guess Samsung is infallible too, because they're also not Chinese, right? If we forget about the Note 7, low quality EMMCs in Note 1, 2 and 4 which would render them excruciatingly slow given enough time among other things - they're perfect, just as your Asus.

G5+ is a top tier poverty phone imo

Although a quick eBay browse actually looks like they've somehow gone up in price, so idk, I have no experience with the g6 but my g5+ has been great for the almost year I've had it.

B&H has Moto X4 for $165

Redmi Note 7 or Honor 10 Lite?

Is there anything better "bang for the buck" than a Oneplus 6 right now (non-T version).

>bands 2,4, 12 (t mobile usa)
>headphone jack
>3500+ mAh battery (or any phone with 7+h screen on time, i'm fucking done with 3000 mAh shit batteries)
>200-300$

got a mi a2 lite and i'm really happy except it gives me 3x slower lte speeds than my pixel xl
please help lads i'm tired of searching and returning phones

Maybe in the firs days, later the price its gona stability

how to deal with import anxiety?

Attached: 1535595666169.png (1093x820, 798K)

Redmi Note 7 Pro

How long til it's released and what sort of price are we expecting? I've been without a phone for 2 months now due to waiting for good deals, need to get one soon

Sony XA2 Ultra, Moto Z2 Play with battery MotoMod

After chinese spring festival so in February the earliest.

Is it smart to buy the bb key2 now? I'm currently using a bb classic and as much as I like it, the fact that even the browser now is barely useable is a reason for me to switch.

How big of a difference is there between the key2 and the key2 le? Is it noticable? How future proof are both of them? I haven't really followed the smartphone market for a while.

I'm only using it as a communication device, so I don't care about "gaming performace" too much.

Difference between key2 and key2le is minimal.
Obviously the materials used feel less premium on the key2le but the plastic doesn't bother me at all.
Also, the key2le doesn't have a capacitive keyboard, but that's something I really didn't enjoy that on the keyone anyways.
The general opinion seems to be that the key2le is a much better value for the price, I've seen it for 300€ once and shops regulary sell it for 350€ now, so it seems like the more sane option.

I don't care/need a good camera on a smartphone. I like front fingerprint scanning. I am used to a Samsung Galaxy S7. Any suggestions for a phone?

Attached: LindyBeige.jpg (369x426, 107K)

Budget? Country/carrier?

USA At&T

300-600

did you think anyone was really going to laugh at this?

OnePlus 6T

I was looking at those. My main issue is that the S10 will come out soon and the S9 may drop drastically in price. Do you think the 6T is better than the S9?

>Do you think the 6T is better than the S9?
Yeah, especially if you don't care about the camera. Software is miles better, so is the battery life.

Decent ROM for GS6? Something that runs fast.

Forgive my ignorance, but I have a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier smartwatch and want to make sure it will still pair with the OnePlus 6t. Is that going to be an issue?

>Is that going to be an issue?
Nah, it's compatible with all Android phones, doesn't need be an Samsung. You'll just need to download Samsung's Gear app off the play store.

I'm in the US on Cricket Wireless. Unfortunately it's all I can get. What's a solid phone that's under like 250 dollars?

fuck you have me tempted man.

Waterproofness is the only thing that concerns me. And the fact that I may buy this and then it instantly be outdated by a new model.

Attached: carldbz.jpg (674x544, 53K)

Moto X4 ($165 for 3GB/32GB, $225 for 4GB/64GB, B&H Photo Video)
Nokia 6.1 ($222, Amazon)
Sony XA2/XA2 Ultra ($199/$249, Amazon)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / Note 6 Pro / Mi A2 Lite (~$190-210 on Amazon)

gsmarena.com/redmi_note_7_is_actually_waterproof_kind_of-amp-35045.php
Will we ever again see a year where Xiaomemes don't absolutely dominate the midrange? This will make it the fourth year in a row.

>Waterproofness is the only thing that concerns me.
The phone is actually water resistant even though it doesn't have a IP rating: xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t-no-wireless-charging-water-resistant-no-ip-rating/

Even the previous OP6 was water resistant:
ifixit.org/blog/10111/oneplus-6-teardown/
>OnePlus doesn’t list an official IP rating for the phone, but it’s already clear that they’ve put some thought into guarding the insides. There are black silicone seals surrounding flex cable sockets on the motherboard and gaskets surrounding the SIM tray, speaker grille, USB Type-C port, and headphone jack.

I FUCKING HATE HUGE PHONES AAAAAAA

Essential PH-1
Moto Z2 Force
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2/2S

No it's all through Bluetooth might miss out on some uninque features

how secure is actually the swipe pattern? can fbi brute force it or some shit?

Yo, I fell for the iPhone meme and I’m returning my xs tomorrow. I got two options LG G7 or OnePlus 6T. G7 seems to be Jow Forumss phone: headphone jack, LCD, SD slot and IP rating. What do?

Attached: 4L_7TgmCpA8.png (816x900, 515K)

Pocophone

Reminder: if you buy a phone that displays the name of the company on the front you ARE being robbed of potential screen real estate and you are literally paying to be advertised to
Branding on the front? no excuse
No 3.5mm jack? no excuse
No sdcard? no excuse
stopped being cucked /spg/

Attached: 1537763577400.jpg (365x363, 104K)

I’m a burger and cucked by my carrier so that isn’t an option. I’m leaning towards the G7 since it’s also a bit smaller than the OnePlus and price difference is about $100

Where to buy Xiaomi phones in UK?

anyone able to id the phone? op never gave source

Attached: 1547336634812.jpg (1517x1138, 539K)

Kyocera Gratina 4G KYF31

Carphone Warehouse apparently

Attached: 1510241761226.png (301x250, 22K)