Jow Forums-approved music players?

Jow Forums-approved music players?

Attached: open-graph-default.png (1200x630, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ny4cxtt6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Deezer

Your pic

vinyl player from f-droid obviously, but a self hosted streaming solution like sonerezh or funkwhale is also respectable I guess

Attached: Screenshot_20190113-084355_Vinyl_Music_Player.png (1080x1920, 1.6M)

/v/ please leave

Tidal

I've yet to find a streaming server that a brainlet like me can handle, I tried Funkwhale and some other alternatives but ended up just using Plex.

Before that I was using Vanilla Player and moved my files to my phone.

Pic unrelated
Based

I like tidal a lot and I still pay for a membership, but for some reason it keeps turning on repeat whenever I use it. It's really annoying because I like to listen to full albums, and I don't want it to replay when I'm I'm done. So I switched back to spotify, and it still happens. So I don't know what the fuck is up with iphones but I hate it.

This. If I wanted random songs I'd listen to the radio.

*roons in your path.

i download flac on spotify but play it on vinyl player on fdroid

Deezer, you can get 3 months premium for 1 euro, and then use SMLoader to pirate their shit

Also it comes with integrated lyrics so you can half sing songs while working on other shit

Spotify is best because based Ogg Vorbis gives you the sound of freedom

spotify with bose quiet comfort II on the road and the bose home speaker 500 at home. both uironically worth every cent.

Flac with Plex server

Modded Spotify

PowerAmp v2. v3 looks like dogshit and is full of useless crap

What's the difference between this and Phonograph? The latter was extremely disorganized and messed up the metadata of my files. They look extremely alike
Also thumbs up for Telepathics, she's such a cutie pie

Spotify desktop client is a bloated electron piece of shit, is there any alternative worth trying?

FB2k, been having problems with vinyl crashing

what if I upload all my music on my server and stream it only to me, is that a crime?

mpd+ncmpcpp

just open the webapp or use a smartphone/speaker

How??????????????????

If you have premium you can listen to music using clementine

Setting it up is pretty straightforward, I spent a rainy Sunday on a sonerezh instance that's now sitting in form of a raspberry pi on my cupboard. Having your own services is pretty comfy, I recommend syncthing to update everything as soon as you change it anywhere.
>spotify
>freedom
just keep performing that mental gymnastics user, I'm sure you'll manage loving big brother in no time
The difference is that the maintainers of phonograph can't get their shit together and remove analytics and a nonfree jar from their project, so the vinyl guy did that for them and maintains a fork with 100% feature compatibility that's available on f-droid
Depends on how you got that music in the first place, but noone will notice it anyways so you're fine either way
>i don't want to open a browser to use this bloated piece of shit
>just use your browser lmao
ask me how I can tell you're 13

The most based setup is an ftp server + Neutron.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but how would I go about interacting with Deezer from the command line?
Use case: I have a Raspberry Pi with no graphical server in my basement, I'd like to connect speakers to it so I can listen to music while I'm dicking around down there

Attached: W4hm9O9.jpg (1079x1013, 239K)

>deezer
>please Jow Forums how do I use the botnet
you don't you fucking dingus

mpxplay

>using words I don't understand in a failed attempt to be edgy

the spotify app is amazing. i love that you can have permanently downloaded playlists that are synced automatically to all your devices with spotify downloaded.

TIDAL and Spotify are really good, there are also modded apks for spotify with which you don't have to renew premium with.

i don't have any arguments against his point but I don't want to admit it: the post

>mfw there's more people who listen to telepathics on Jow Forums

Attached: 388f51be-c15c-4b80-b940-b01222d5fa44.jpg (689x473, 22K)

This is a thread ABOUT streaming music
What are you two faggots even doing ITT

Streaming doesn't mean using proprietary, drm-riddled shit you fucking retard. The thread is full of anons who use their own servers

>use deez loader
>download 320kbps music
>download into folder on pc
>use google play music to sync that music
>free 10k songs i can stream from their cloud now

ezpz

I use foobar on desktop. What players do people recommend on a phone? I feel like all the players I have tried miss key features like queuing songs etc.

>downloading music

Attached: big_1446219377_image.jpg (1280x692, 88K)

I keep it all on HDD and listen to it with Groove Music.

VLC on android
Audacious and Clementine on PC

>pay $ for spotify
>or click 1 button to download it and then stream it and don't have to transfer to my phone and use storage

Spotify w/ this to block all ads. pastebin.com/ny4cxtt6

>paying to not own music

You don't own the files on your computer

And yet those files can't be taken away from you. I've had about a fourth of my favorites on soundcloud disappear, without any trace of them left on the Internet. Wouldn't have happened if they were on my PC.

I like this one desu. No ads and I can download the audio files.

Attached: 2019-01-13-101553_724x364_scrot.png (724x364, 6K)

On mobile I use the Simple Music Player and NewPipe for listening offline and streaming/downloading music respectively.

Attached: Screenshot_20190113-103428.png (1080x1920, 153K)

>discord

Spotify doesn't have metadata editing or music uploading, so this is the only real alternative that is also convenient.

Attached: 1534196047921.png (1200x630, 80K)

Winamp, now that was a music player *sip*

Spotify is probably the only piece of tech where I think telemetry and "tailored for you"-bullshit has actually benefited me to the point where I will unironically defend it. I've discovered so many good niche artists and styles of music thanks to album radios and daily mixes.

>caring about what other people use to talk to other nigerian basket weavers

>Setting it up is pretty straightforward
My main problem was figuring out how to make the thing play music from a library I tell it instead of wanting to import music. I was using Docker.

Youtube playlists

Stopped using spotify a year ago coz they killed dogfood. Im using smloader flacs. Windows using Wynil android Musicolet (was using vanilla but it no longer recognize my playlists).

Audacious and DeadBeeF are pretty based
Use Winamp classic skin with Audacious for maximum boomer feels

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

There's a link at mobilism. Just search Spotify and it will pop up.

I'm using YouTube music right now, it's pretty based. Just using the web player in a pinned tab.

Lollypop for gnomefags

Itube. Literally nothing else comes close.

Attached: hmmm.jpg (766x630, 73K)

youtube-viewer by trizen is better

chrome

desu i think it only works best with apple products.
but i prefer the playlist offer from apple than spotify. Its been 3 months and my daily playlist on spotify never ever change no matter how many different artists and albums i listen to