WSJ: Apple’s iPhone May Become Obsolete Like Walkman, Polaroid Camera

>If history is any indication, though, America’s favorite handheld device will someday take up residence with the digital camera, the calculator, the pager, Sony’s Walkman and the Palm Pilot in a museum. Although it’s hard to imagine the iPhone dying, change can sneak up rapidly on contraptions that are deeply entrenched in American culture.

>Consider it was as recently as the mid-1990s when I spent an hour a day during my senior year in high school in a room full of electric typewriters learning to type. Today, I spend most of my working hours using that skill to bang away on a keyboard, but I have rarely touched an actual typewriter in 25 years.

>“Over time, every franchise dies,” said Nick Santhanam, McKinsey’s Americas practice leader in Silicon Valley. “You can innovate on an amazing mousetrap, but if people eventually don’t want a mousetrap, you’re screwed.”

BTFO?

Attached: 2fh60s_apple-education-49654-tim-cook-apple-ceo-tim-cook-watches-demonstration-640x414.jpg (640x414, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/apple-iphone-ipad-mac-sales-china/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, once we figure out AR/VR. So, they've got like 5-10 years before they get BTFO

Look at that fag's face. He knows that he is fucked and selling the same overpriced shit with incremental change isn't going to work no matter how many tantrums crapple is going to throw over Chinese competition.

>homophobia

cringe

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1531807256461.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

Please refrain from violating the Jow Forums Code of Conduct. All genders and orientations are welcome here.

Fags aren't

>apple butthurt about china
Did I miss something? They weren't particularly worried about chinks stealing shit before.

cbsnews.com/news/apple-iphone-ipad-mac-sales-china/

someday every smartphone will be obsolete cause they're all the same device type but the question is, what are they going to be replaced by? There's nothing on the horizon as far as I know so far.

based

that's a pretty stupid prediction since of course the iphone as we know it will be gone some day, same goes for every smartphone as we know them today. 15 years ago the ipod was THE must have piece of tech and now there is a whole generation of youth who know them the same way zoomers know the walkman/discman/md. i doubt that anyone will really think that apple will ignore future trends and don't present a successor - just like the iphone obsoleted the traditional cellphone/ipod-combo.

>WSJewrnal

>WSJ
why this is a trusted source now for tech now?
also,

rent free in your head, assblasted tranny

>iPhone can do what walkman/polaroid can do as well
what a shit article

Stupid libtard article mumbling bullshit and opinions without investigationg cause or effect.

The pager, camera, walkman, and calculator didn't die because people stopped needing them. They died because the CELLPHONE not even the smartphone replaced them.

Smartphones aren't going anywhere, but Iphone is dying because it's shit and Android devices offer more features and higher quality for 200$ than AppLel does for 1200,

wow its almost like if iphone dont mattered anymore

What a news. Obviously it will. Nothing lasts forever.

Apple is already peaked, it is not a new or or status or even classy anymore.

The recent drop in upgrades is beginning of the end.

Please never stop

That's not what he's saying.
He's saying the iPhone brand will die.

Attached: 70C78236-B121-4CE6-B0BA-CEF12D670F7D.jpg (355x496, 23K)

>pager - a whole differend kind of devices
>camera - a whole kind of special devices
>walkman - I assume he meant any portable player
>IPhone - just a gay ass branding of phones like Explay or Alcatel

That makes him even fucking dumber if he compares iPhone branding to being a phone.

brain interface when

WSJ has been anti-Apple for years, at some point they admitted they had a narrative.

It's probably stock market manipulation, rich people paying journalists to write bullshit so they can short a stock and then buy it cheaply in the future.

no one cares you are a fag, faggot.

op is stupid as shit

>WSJ
you are severely overestimating their reach

Was anyone arguing that smartphones would exist in their current incarnation forever? I fucking _hope_ the iPhone is the best we'll ever get. And I say that as an Applefool

The WC has been popular for 5000+ years, perhaps longer. It never gained wide-spread popularity in India but it's widely used in most of the world.

I don't think people will stop wanting to have a portable communications computer ("smartphone") any more than I think people will stop wanting to go the toilet in the comfort of their own home.

There are possible alternatives to the "smartphone" being the portable computer of choice but none seem able to replace it. We've got watches. I remember when everyone wanted a Digital Watch. Now the watch can be smart. But it's not very popular. We've also got glasses. Doesn't seem to catch on. But something might come along which is superior to the smartphone in every way.

One small point: There's not that much difference between a walkman and discman and a mp3 player like the ipod and a smartphone. You select some music, earlier by inserting a cassette or cd and now by a graphical interface, and you have music. Not that much difference between a traditional calculator and some buttons on a screen. I do think the next thing won't be that different from what we have now.

absolutely based

stupid madarchod

the iphone will probably follow the fate of nokia symbian phones of the 2000 era. it will decline further then a chink company will eventually buy a big chunk of apple. it will still be there but will never be as competitive again.

cringe and Andjeetpiled

What a load of horseshit.

>iphone will probably follow the fate of nokia symbian phones
Lol, you wish.

>phones are going to become obsolete
>cause I remember the 90s
This is the shit that passes for reporting at WSJ today.

>Android devices offer more features and higher quality for 200$ than AppLel does for 1200
If you consider being hacked constantly a feature, sure.

redpilled

apple won't die anytime soon. it has a CULT following

Attached: 1547217514116.gif (500x207, 3.06M)

Cringe. Clueless boomers don't know shit about technology and I can literally buy a Sony Walkman DAP right now.

Don't know but applel only make money with this shit

Friendly reminder that the real reason Apple removed the headphone jack is that having more than one port to plug things into confused and angered Tim Cook's gay mind.

Attached: 2012_06_19_surface_tension.jpg (820x482, 170K)

I figure this thread is as good as any, can any fellow iPhone owners confirm the copy+paste bug I’ve been having since os 11? After an hour or so if he phone being on, the copy and paste function ceases to function. Holding your finger over text no longer highlights anything and the only way to fix it is to restart the phone, which then inevitably runs itself into the same problem. It’s really fucking annoying, anyone have similar experiences?

>chinese
Lul even Apple can fend off those insectoids

>digital camera
Literally only poorfags that bought shitty point-and-shoot cameras were affected by phones

Based and Sataniapilled

I had this

>huur smartphones are like walkmans
>bullshit excuse #82378 for covering over for a dumb fag CEO fucking up the company
iPhone/iOS obsolete
Android will be the single Smartphone/Tablet OS in the future

Yeah I have the same problem. Copy and pasting and text highlighting is about as hard as it used to be on a jail broken phone before it was a native function.

oh yes sir

superpower by 2020

>mfw ironically dropped Android for BBOS 10 a couple of years ago
>mfw unironically started to like the simple, clean and superior interface along with the Hub
>mfw unironically prefer physical keyboard to touch
can't go back to android or ios but also can't continue with BBOS forever. JUST

How is that homophobic?

So are all perspectives

Including rednecks and afghanis who despise limpwrists like you

based

These fuckers are so incompetent. You make billions a year and bugs like this persist for months; completely inexcusable

>iOS is a shell company that supports dumb lazy white people with entitled trust-fund-baby mentality who think they should be paid for brand recognition
enjoy having rajeesh's baby

>Consider it was as recently as the mid-1990s when I spent an hour a day during my senior year in high school in a room full of electric typewriters learning to type
schools ran by boomers are the worst

Mid nineties on a typewriter? I haven't touched one since the eighties.

B
A
S
E
D

Poo in loo

The journo narrative to justify Apple's fuck ups
Everybody wants phones, but they want 200€ phones not overpriced garbage lacking features

Attached: 1546450834171.jpg (721x713, 70K)

>t. yuropoor

why the fuck are you encouraging him???

Attached: 1502311593139.jpg (599x563, 74K)

Implying apple is for rich people

Same, I got one for Christmas in Grade 10 after begging my parents and used it right up to 2nd year university. Great phone for the time.

Whose parents let their edgy 17 year old kid on Jow Forums?

The polaroid is still here though

Attached: SL1441_.jpg (1441x776, 77K)

In order for it to die, something has to either take its place as the normalfag phone of choice or Apple has to fuck something up on a colossal scale.

So what is this new technology that's going to replace the iPhone and BTFO Apple?

based

Attached: lily.png (391x504, 203K)

*crack* Ahh, the Walkman. *sips* I remember my w595. Now THAT was a phone.

Attached: ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.png (550x550, 119K)

based

Somebody just bought the name, alas

BnR

Had a W595 Too, want to buy one now just to use MusicDJ

Please, no.

Attached: lagdroid.jpg (1920x1080, 1.31M)

Attached: gCxE0JL.jpg (248x247, 14K)

>unironically prefer physical keyboard to touch
thats called being a functioning human being

Wtf is this article? Of course the iphone will become obsolete. It’ll just be a new type of iPhone, fuck the news media I’m so sick of their retarded shit.

>homosexuality

fuck off, metal illness fag.

die fag

BASED

no retard, once the glits and glamour are gone, no one is going to care. your sales will drop, the only thing left is how cheap you can sell a product.

They're owned by Amazon, Apple is one of their biggest competitors

WTF I love Tim Cook now

F

Any rundown on the R E N T F R E E meme for an insectoid?

Seething tranny

Nice and all but this has an awful Tumblr feeling to it.

Attached: 1547235838622.png (813x1402, 369K)

based

>the mid-1990s when I spent an hour a day during my senior year in high school in a room full of electric typewriters learning to type
The fuck did this guy grow up? Bumfuckistan? There were computers at my school since like '89, at least

You know the cellphone aka dumbphone only use was to make calls, I remember still using cameras and mp3s in those days

>Apple has to fuck something up on a colossal scale.
But it already is

Based as always

cringe and bluepilled

Like what. Their sales have slowed, sure, but i feel a lot of that has to do with market saturation and less people willing to throw down hundreds of dollars for a new phone that isn’t much of an upgrade over the old phone they had.

>WSJ
stopped right there