I'm thinking of switching from my S9 to a Pixel for software support. I was hoping oneUI wouldn't be such shit...

I'm thinking of switching from my S9 to a Pixel for software support. I was hoping oneUI wouldn't be such shit, but I've been let down by Samsung, again (who would have known). Both non XL
Is it worth it or is "le vanilla android" just a meme.

Attached: samsung-galaxy-s9-vs-google-pixel-2-3.jpg (1600x1200, 245K)

sony xperia best AOSP support

Consumerist cuck.

t. Poorfag who can't afford shit

Well, S9 at least the international variant is developer friendly. No reason to get a Pixel 2 if that's the version you have.

I have the US version that unfortunate has a locked bootloader. I'd be able to flash lineage on the pixel when that stops getting updates

Pixel has terrible battery life

>being a proprietary phone user
>caring about software support in the long run

dude your device was literally designed to fall into pieces at a hardware level

I have an S4 and I'm dreading the upgrade. I want good battery life. I'm considering the pixel 3, but it's google.

Let's put it this way my pixel 2 battery just using the phone for basic internet searching or reading keeps the battery on for 3 hours. The batter life is garbage and I'm going back to Samsung.. I'll never ever buy a pixel again.

Attached: 1411267805443.jpg (1024x1140, 253K)

That's not very good. What's your experience with samsung batteries?

I owned both an s5 and a s7 and the battery life on both were at least 8 hours even using my device etc.

On my 4th samsung phone. Mine have always had good battery life and I'm a heavy user. Pic is my newest phone.

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-A9-2018.jpg (897x924, 161K)

Battery life on my S9 was complete garbage too. Sold this overprices pos and got a moto x4 because it was on sale and because fuck expensive phones.
Battery life, despite the phone having an IPS display and the same battery size is way, WAY better.

I did own a moto g6 and it's battery was phenomenal stayed on for days to be honest.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting much from a 150€ phone but honestly I'm blown away by what I've got. Kinda redpilled on expensive as fuck phones now because aside from the average camera it does everything just as well as my S9 did. Build quality is top notch too.

I'm considering just buying an older s8 or moto phone but moto quality is kinda meh.

>moto quality is kinda meh
What makes you think that? Legit not trying to shill right now but I have literally nothing to complain about the quality of the phone. Reception is good, build quality and performance is decent. Software support is also better than Samsungs. Got Android Pie in November and security patches are being rolled out frequently as well.

Jesus christ even my 5 year old iphone 5S gets at least 4hours of reading/youtube. And just in standby it lasts days and days on end.

I wouldn't consider a Pixel (Non-XL) if only because of those disgusting bezels, what is their excuse? Chinese companies selling $100 phones can do better.

Google sucks at designing hardware (even software, except their camera division).

>my S9
Doesn't the S9 support Project Treble? You could just put AOSP/Lineage on it and it'll work.

I had an s4 before my S9. Honestly with lineage I had a better software experience

Not the US version

Just get a Nokia Android One phone or a OnePlus phone.

Arent they chinkshit

what phone isn't?

Well I owned an honor 8 because I fell for the meme. Honestly one of the Whittier phones I've had from the battery life and just reliability.

what makes a phone "Whittier"?

How bad is the One UI? I have the Pixel 2 XL but considering getting the S10 this year because my contract is running out.

Attached: Screenshot_20181215-005826.png (1440x2880, 3.07M)

Sorry auto correct, meant shittier. I also took a look at the Android one phones and it seems like almost all of them are too big for my liking. The S9 is already too large imo.

Honestly it's nowhere near as ploshed as the the stock pixel os. Animations are laggy and unnatural making the phone feel a lot slower than it really is.
But if you get an s10 that can have the bootloader unlocked, then it might not be so bad if you can put lineage

Thanks. I'm still not sure, we do get the Exynos version but for the past 2 years it doesn't fare so well against the Snapdragons. Adreno >>> Mali and the battery life of Exynos S9 is just hilariously bad.

well Huawei/Honor are shit, and they got worse when they started locking them completely down back in June, killed development entirely and no one is interested in making anything for them anymore
as far as other chinkphones, Xiaomi is literally the best option because they have lots of development so you aren't locked into only being able to use MIUI on their devices
as far as size is concerned, you're pretty much fucked because only a few companies are making smaller phones anymore and they either suck shit or are expensive as fuck like the Pixel 3, Xperia compacts, S9, etc

Yeah. I think it comes down to the signal tech snapdragon has for us carriers is proprietary

>you're pretty much fucked because only a few companies are making smaller phones anymore and they either suck shit or are expensive as fuck like the Pixel 3, Xperia compacts, S9, etc

XZ4 compact has just been cancelled so we're only left with Samshit and Googlel.

nope, because Mediatek phones work in the US
it's because if Samsung wants to sell flagships in the US they have to use Snapdragons

wut?

I have the g960u which has a locked bootloader so you can't flash shit

>using smartphone in 2000 + 19

Attached: 1542682116612.jpg (190x190, 4K)