Gnome gets out of your way

>Gnome gets out of your way
What does it mean?

Attached: [email protected] (1915x1030, 992K)

That means you don't care about it once you install it, because it has a decent ootb defaults and just launch your programs and work there.

because it's trash and you uninstall it after using it for a day

>What does it mean?
It gets out of your way so you can install KDE Plasma.

There are people that unironically use gimp?

Is there really much of a choice?

paintdotnet

It is Windows application.

You don't spend hours autistically customizing it and you just get on with using your computer

then photoshop

You uninstall it.

I moved from KDE to cinnamon because I got tired of the UI inconsistencies that gtk apps caused, the same reason I moved from W10, also I just like the way gnome apps work better, although in rare cases KDE apps are more functional

I really don't know why everybody likes to show that menu, because you are not looking at it at all when you use this DE (but why they did this menu is still a mystery to me).

It was the the first picture on google when searching for gnome

I meant paintdotnet is a windows application and you can't run it on linux (unless you are using compatibility layer which might or might not work and does not matter). Photoshop is the same.

I think user means that there are no good digital line drawing tools for linux, after all, Linux users are on the Autistic spectrum not the Artistic spectrum

I dont know real people who use gnome.

>slow as shit
>bloat, eats huge of RAM
>buggy as hell

For all of gnome's L O W I Q aesthetics, at least they still make nice icons

Krita is ok. Atleast interface is not cancerous.

You know what they said, minimal interface, minimal brains.

i actually used to think this way but i wanted to give it one more try and with some ricing it's pretty decent, if you can live with the ram usage - no problem with 8GB machines.

>(but why they did this menu is still a mystery to me)
because they thought they need to be ready for touchscreens (that's also why everything else is kinda big out of the box)

inkscape + wacom intous 3 is pretty nice.

KDE
>Perfect out of the box
>Every element can be customised
>You don't have to customise it, but you can do to suit your preferences
>Awful out of the box
>Locked down customisatibility
>Limited to small tweaks to make it less of a nightmare to use
>To make these tweaks you have to use an unofficial unsupported, possibly compromised application that relies on an external browser to install things

WHY would you use gnome again?

The only ricing I needed is to install extension "Top panel workspace scroll" and disable hot corner. And changed top panel colour to the one they have in "gnome-classic" version.
At first I riced it a bit with different menu, dock, etc. But I dropped all these things while I was using it because it became useless. (workspace scroll is great though).

Pretty much my experience as well.

If it is so perfect, why it is dropped by both SUSE and RedHat for their distributions?

since i'm on a X220 i wanted smaller window borders, so that was my first move. agree with the rest you wrote.

Too awesome for them. Boohoo, QT isn't free enough. Not everything in life is free bub.

Gnome hasn't even got transparency effects in it's windows, why would you use an OS that can't do window transparency

So Qt was more free back then when they supported it?

Susse has not dropped support for KDE, it's still their primary DE. RedHat has dropped support, but Fedora is also the biggest contributor to GNOME, so that's no shocking.

I like it

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-13 05-13-36.png (1920x1080, 388K)

KDE support was dropped in SUSE EL version 12 and it is not their "primary DE". I am not talking about openSUSE, I am talking about commercial product, SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop/server (or whatever their correct full name is). You may check it yourself.

>>steam
>>chromium
>>VScode

botnet denier

Gnome is.

GNOME is the "standard" desktop because fucking Red Hat of course. SuSE are cucks that follow suit.
Ubuntu window decorations have got to be the ugliest thing ever.

>try GNOME
>it's the only DE that has lags when opening app menu
>it's the only DE that has UI lags
>remove GNOME and use something better, like Xfce or KDE
That's what it means. It's made in fucking JavaScript and has terrible performance on integrated graphics, I'd rather use ChromeOS or FirefoxOS then.

doesn't lag on my machine

how? it says right in the name, laGNOME

doesn't have that name on my machine either

Point and click retards don't realize there's a better way to use Gnome. The irony is, they bitch about it looking like a mobile environment, but it's only because they're too dumb to use it properly. There's no reason to use this overview unless it's to drag an application to your dock.

>B-b-but no desktop icons!

Mine either.

I never use it. Switched to budgie instead.

No offense, but it's more or less the same thing.

>no shitty panel
>no shitty activities icon
>budgie applets
>more or less the same thing

What if I told you customizing it is using your computer?

I find this overview useful. Its better version of win+tab in Windows 10. (Subjective, not much difference really, they are almost the same but I like workspaces on the left more than on bottom and they are larger than in win 10)

I upgraded my X200 tablet from Ubuntu LTS 16.04 to Tumbleweed with GNOME. It's alright, but it does lag as a poster above mentioned when Unity didn't. The interface is actually decent.

On my main desktop though, I use Plasma.

It really bothers me that they can't be assed to come up with a decent looking default theme and icons. Or even just fucking pick one of the already existing ones and partner up with the creator.

This. Adwaita looks like shit compared to almost anything else.

I don't know, but it's a fucking foot.

i used KDE for some time but it's still the nuremberger windows.