/iemg/ — In-Ear Memes General

The In-Ear Monitors General: Giant Killer Edition, where we purchase products that punch above their price bracket, showing boomers that you don't have to spend over a thousand dollars to get comparable performance.

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Featured IEM: Swing IE800 - A knockoff IEM with actual good sound for $13

Attached: swing-ie800-earbuds-hifi-in-ear-ceramic-earphone.jpg (1000x1000, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thephonograph.net/senfer-dt6-review/
audiobudget.com/leaderboard/iem
aliexpress.com/item/Hifi-MMCX-port-wireless-Bluetooth-adapter-sports-cable-For-Shure-SE215-SE535-UE900-Earphone-Bluetooth-adapter/32814067279.html?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cheers user could you add previous thread to your pasta ?

Previous Thread
>
>
>

Attached: 1547314160966.png (2248x3177, 2.21M)

Vsonic GR07s

Any thoughts?

Attached: TB1ABYvOXXXXXX1aXXXXXXXXXXX_0-item_pic.jpg_600.jpg (600x600, 24K)

Still the chifi bench mark. No one recommends them because they're so old. It's interesting to note that out of all the chifi memes to come and go in the past 5 years the vsonics have stuck around because they weren't fotm memes. Best value at it's price point.

Back in here.
Show daily setups either at the desk or in the go. Reposting this from a few days ago. My go to at work.

Attached: IMG_20190109_074201.jpg (2448x3264, 1.67M)

They were a hot in early 2017. Reportedly good sub nig bass. They were kind of in that weird 150 dollar dead space between chink shit and decent shit but they had a fixed cable and people used them as daily drivers, broke the cable and simply upgraded to something else. I heard that alot

also

first make sure you have the tiny torx™ bit to unscrew them

then run a soldering iron over the joints on the crossover / interface pcb on the back of the big driver. done. fixed.

[spoiler] (You) dont have the tiny torx™ bit [/spoiler]

Attached: 2018_05_29_17_20_56.jpg (1028x843, 100K)

TinAudio? More like tinnitus ears, lol.

Dear /iemg/ I got UiiSii HM7, it was okay for the price. and the cable smells good.

>No one recommends them because they're so old.
That and the fixed cable. Interestingly there is refreshed version thats MMCX. Still though wierd price point id just go DM6 and pretty sure some $50 dollars models would be close to matching it in 2019 ???

Attached: 739b95f2-f273-42f0-9ea9-6f699c919737.png (800x498, 452K)

For reference bgvp dmg (99$) C- bgvp dm6 (200$) B- vsonics gr07 (99$) B-

After several weeks of constant A/Bing and running around several stores I came to the following conclusion for TOTL IEMs:
64 Audio’s best model by far is the U12T. Incredibly detailed and clean treble. Killer for instrumental music ESPECIALLY jazz and classical. It handles dense music beautifully. The big flaw in it is that the bass response is slightly lacking. The U18T has a more preferable bass level but the treble is a little buzzsaw-y. This is especially apparent on any sort of distorted electric guitar and male vocals. The Fourte just sounds weird.
The KSE1200 and Vision Ears VE8 both have the same strengths and weaknesses. Incredible imaging and presentation marred by literally unbearable treble. I first demoed the VE8 using a very mellow track (Talk Talk - Ascension Day) and then swapped over to something a little more cymbal heavy (Charles Mingus - Solo Dancer) and I don’t think I’ve ever gone from being blown away to disappointed so quickly before.
Overall though I think the one I’ve enjoyed most for an all rounder is the Andromeda S with foam tips. The silicone tips sound like a mud factory but with foam tips you get a really nice clean treble with good seperation and strong bass (maybe a little bit too strong). I like the S’ treble response more than the standard as well. The reason i consider this better than the U12T (my runner up for best overall TOTL) is the U12T just doesn’t handle any sort of rock music as well as the Andro S does. Beautiful imaging doesn’t save you when the drums and bass sound underpowered and the guitar sounds too overpowering. If I were rich as fuck I would probably have 1 for jazz and classical and the other for rock and everything else but I’m unfortunately not so I’m leaning most towards the Andro S as the best IEM I’ve tested so far. Will be giving Shillacle’s Sony IEMs a go as well when the fucking Sony shop in Wisma Atria actually has them in stock to give them a try.
Thoughts?

Kek I was the one who recommended them back in 2016 in /csg/ even before Audiobudget reviewed them

Welcome to S tier memes. Where things are great on a technical level but fuck you over with some weird quirk. e.g. kse1200 scooped mid and piercing treble. Don't bother with sony, same issues overall and all are underwhelming. Have you tried QDC iems or the PP8? I reckon give those a try before you settle on andromedas. As much as andromedas get memed and hated they are actually tuned in such a way that they're hard to dislike and don't have glaring "S tier flaws". I think crinnacle said that a lot of his favorites aren't even ranked S tier. Stuff like the xba n3ap or the mh755 which is low tier are some of his personal favorites.

I’ve given the Gemini a try. I like almost everything about it except for the overall presentation which is just a little too bright for my taste. Really nice clear imaging though and the tuning is pretty inoffensive to me. Don’t think I gave the Prophile a roll yet.
>Don't bother with sony, same issues overall and all are underwhelming.
Man that fucking sucks. I don’t understand how these IEMs can have such good imaging but proceed to suck dick in the tuning department.

This is why EQ exists user. No high tier iem will be perfect for you personally. All people who have stuck their head in the high end market come to realize this and learn to EQ or fall into the placebo death trap to compensate for flaws. Tyll recommended EQ a lot and he wasn't wrong. Just hope your 2000$ turd can take EQ well.

Need semi or fully open iem like hd381.
Neutral/non intrusive sounds if available.

Attached: 188b6293.jpg (640x480, 91K)

Moondrop crescent/aria.

I’ve had limited experience with EQ, mostly messing around with Oratory’s presets. I don’t particularly like them to say the least. Running his Andro preset earlier made it sound like an angry bee was caught in my eardrums. The thing I find really perculiar about IEMs though is how easy it was for me to find good headphones whereas with IEMs anything less than perfect comes off as unlistenable. It’s quite strange honestly.

>>just wear an earbud!
No, earbud has inconsistent sound delivery and distort pretty much. While semi open like superlux hd381(I've tried f version) has solid sub bass response and iem like sound consistency after reuse.
Are those open?

Semi open.

Don't take oratory's presets as gospel. He only uses one or two units if available to generate a EQ. His work is great so long as your unit matches his reference.

This is not the case with Campfire Audio. They have great unit variance across all their models.

Do your own EQuing to taste.

Honestly I don’t like his presets on much else either. They sound okayish on the HD800 but I feel like they take away some of the clarity of the highs. And on my ER4SR they just kill the imaging on them completely. I don’t normally subscribe to memes but I find the mudcannon meme too accurate to be true when dealing with Oratory.

i keep talking dollary doos cobber bloody exchange rates hurt my head

audiobudget reviewed them ? really ? u sure ?

yes

oooh looks like big ass piezo electric sub drivers on top of dynamics drivers and balanced armatures are a thing

this is the senfer DT6.... interdasting

thephonograph.net/senfer-dt6-review/

Attached: ef5aa4ca-2a58-4ed9-a9d2-f040e9e178fb.png (787x678, 182K)

Nigga GR07 has been on the market for AGES.
The detachable cable version is less than $100 now

Arguably one of the few reference phones, and from China no less. GR07 is old and popular, it might have been the gateway to Chi-Fi for otherwise skeptical Head-Fi'ers.

It would be better if you equalized it personally. The Harman listeners had a huge variety of preferences, over 15dB, never mind particular canal/eartip interactions.

Got a custom one of a kind DM6, with the blue wood panel.

Put a 2.5mm balanced cable from Penon.

Looks and sounds great. Really can't do much better than this if you have around $300 to spend imo.

Attached: 20190113_104410.jpg (1600x778, 188K)

Reminded of Crazy Bones when looking at IEMs, which tickles the innate sensibility to collect

Attached: EarSonics-Velvet-01.jpg (1500x1000, 73K)

if any of you want to get rid of your apple aux earpods I'll buy them [email protected]

Attached: MD827.jpg (572x572, 18K)

The more I see these, the less I get the motivation, other than special snowflake.

do they make iems that don't have drivers to play music but just vibrate lightly with some kind of tiny vibration actuator so you can give yourself an aural massage?

Best IEM's under 50 Euro's that compare to RHA MA750, the RHA costed me 150 and don't want to take them to school as a lot of thiefs are here

I did it

Attached: memeiem.png (641x179, 19K)

its 32 bucks on masshite lol

Yinyoo v2
>thieves
lemme guess slav or a school pushing """sports""" heavily ?

don't want to wait literal months for shipping

most of these sellers ship from china with the cheapest shipping method possible. you are most likely going to wait a month anyway

prime friendo 1 day

When I plug my headphones (apple earpods) into my monitor, there is so much bass that it's unbearable. But when I plug them into the rear jack they are perfectly fine. What do? My headphones don't reach me if I plug them directly into my pc

Do you have any EQ software on your PC?
If you do, check if there isn't an EQ profile active for your monitor jack.

if I don't have it set to this, that's where the insane amount of bass comes from

Attached: eq.png (395x169, 3K)

Just to be clear, by monitor you mean the display right?
Search in its settings, maybe there's some fucky ""enhancement"" option turned on for audio jack.

correct, and there isn't. i guess i am just out of luck unless i get an extender

One more thing, I see this is a Realtek console and iirc it has all your PC's inputs/outputs on the right panel.
Did you try clicking any of those outputs and saw the EQ profile or sound settings changed?
If that doesn't work then buy an extender I guess kek

Any recommendations for extenders

Best chink ones under $20? Only chink ones I have are KZ-ATE and KZ-ED2, which are both alright but is there anything better?

>Your Budget
20-25€ (to avoid taxes)

>Your Location
Europe

>Wired/wireless
Wired

Hanging IEMs

>Sound signature
I dont know much about this, but I mainly like to listening to indie rock and alternative music...

>Past IEMs
Some random skullcandy ones, apple shitty earbuds and the AKG Y20U

I have already been searching and come up with some starters: TIMMKOO C630, Yersen FEN-2000, VJJB N1 and KZ ZSE. But I dont know much about IEM, so if you have any suggestions tell me

moondrop crescents.

I'm sick and tired of my earphones breaking because of a fucking cable issue. Can you guys recommend me a chink bluetooth earphone that's not shit?

>The silicone tips sound like a mud factory but with foam tips you get a really nice clean treble with good seperation and strong bass
how much different is the s because i honestly feel the exact opposite about the normal version. it feels like all the treble disappears and the bass and separation seem a bit less defined. the final audio tips seem perfect to me

KZ ZSN

Or look at audiobudget.com/leaderboard/iem

You could get it for 25usd~ if you buy it in the right time.

when is the right time

I'm looking for an mmcx bluetooth cable, wondering if anyone has had any experience with those.

>Show daily setups either at the desk or in the go. Reposting this from a few days ago. My go to at work.
holy shit what a cuck

Thoughts on RHA T20?

Attached: bp8as6gn.png (1800x2754, 1.47M)

Got the MA750I myself, they're great. T20 must also be great then

The TRN bt10 is good if your device supports aptx (android) and complete shit if it’s an iPhone. Some people experience hiss on theirs but mine is fairly quiet. Haven’t completely discharged the battery yet so I don’t know how long it lasts.

I felt like that for both versions actually. In comparison to the 64 audios which I was A/Bing with the silicon tips sounded terrible and then I put on the foam tips and it was a world of difference.

Best wireless headphones under $50? The cheaper the better. I have a pair of Monoprice wireless headphones and they sound... okay, but don't fit well

> BT MMCX

I just bought this one a second time so i can gift my old BGVP SDG DN1 to a friend. Its loud sounds good for SBC codec and has no hiss and is CHEAP

aliexpress.com/item/Hifi-MMCX-port-wireless-Bluetooth-adapter-sports-cable-For-Shure-SE215-SE535-UE900-Earphone-Bluetooth-adapter/32814067279.html?

Attached: 27068369-e278-43b5-8e6d-dc1a372f2d2c.jpg (499x499, 24K)

i was looking at the BT10 and it does support AAC which means it will be ok for iphone but yeah not APT-X :( the battery life seems crazy good at 7 hours plus could you please verify this for us ? Thanks

Either the AAC support is a lie (probable considering there’s no branding for it on the box) or AAC is shit cause it sounds compressed to shit on my iPhone SE. I think I remember another user in /csg/ saying he got like 3-4 hours out of his.

>monitors
>in ear
pick one

>being this stupid
back to facebook you go.

Attached: 1546981683536.jpg (245x245, 36K)

1/10 made me reply

Has anyone jogged with BT20s or something similar? Do they flop around a lot?

>Either the AAC support is a lie

Nope. Just get Gud. The BT10 uses a Qualcomn csr8645 chipset. If i pull up the Data sheet i get [picture related] AAC support. What OS is you SE on ? does it support bluetooth 4.2 ? interresting my 6 might have the same problem. Qualcomn and applel dont play nice in fact they are at war.

yeah my concern too. They look awesome but think practicality for a minute and you go hmmmmmmm

Attached: BT10 codecs.jpg (815x765, 222K)

Then yeah AAC must be shit because the BT10 sounds fine through my Benjie T6. In fact, the noise floor is significantly lower than through the 3.5mm jack. There is this weird buzzing in the left channel but it’s only noticeable with no music playing.

The SE is just a 6s internally and according to apple it supports BT4.2.

If they made a true wireless BT adapter and the housing for the chip and battery made them look like big hanging earrings when you wore them, would you buy it?

...you mean the TRN BT20? Because that’s basically what it is, except it goes behind the ear.

Had them for over a year, love em.

For that price they’re not worth it

Will using IEMs through a USB-C to 3.5 jack fuck with the sound quality at all? I have a pixel phone.

T2s, Soundmagic E80s, DMG or other for neutral sound around $50-$100?

I bought the Tin T2s as a suggestion made from here. Walking into town today with one of them in my ear I only noticed on the way home the other channel had fallen off. So it was lost somewhere during my walk. I'm pretty pissed off because I only had them less than a week. The driver connection to the cable is evidently too weak as disconnects too easily.

What do I do now? I have only one driver. Is anyone prepared to sell me the other (left) driver?

Attached: DSC_1577.jpg (1600x1068, 136K)

Sorry about that but MMCX BTFO! 2-PIN-4-LIFE!

Depends on the DAC and amp inside the dongle/cable but in most cases no. Typically they’re just as good as the shit inside your phone.

Are there any good IEMs with decent-above average sound for around ~60 dollars?

Get moondrop crescent.
Near perfect to current audio holy grail.

Depends on whay your definition of neutral.
Also consider moondrop Aria.

yeah the stock cables are shit
sorry bro

How do over-ear iems work with glasses?
Do they press down, causing uncomfort?

How's the comfort of those things?

They're small. Should be comfortable.

I still think the MH335DWSR is better than anything there.

what the hell is this low quality bait ? must be some KZ 2PIN VICTIM spreading disinformation. Fake news on a Malaysian microelectronics discussion board ?

BAMBOOZLING

Attached: 1545349423686.jpg (700x362, 22K)

Thanks. I'm sensitive to both exaggerated treble and mid-bass which is why the HD600s are still my preferred set, so while I know that at this price I have to make some compromises I wonder what's the least "offensive" I can find in this range for IEMs. If I really had to choose I'd prefer bright-leaning, not dark, but still.

I heard good things about Moondrop. The Arias have a fair price difference below the DMGs, how do they compare?

I just EQ the HD381s in EqualizerAPO

Nobody cares about your lost zs5, deal with it Shill user.

>getting this chinked.

I tried at least 5 different fitears and none of them did anything for me. I think the worst offenders were the Air and the Air 2, those were straight up awful. The rest were largely forgettable and not worth nothing.

>Your Budget
$50 very flexible
>Your Location
US
>Wired/wireless
Wireleww
Any really
>Sound signature
Again anything
>Past IEMs
KZ ATEs

Just need some wireless headphones for jogging and working out. Don't really like the wired ones because they get in the way. Have some chink comply tips so could be cheap and come with terrible tips I don't really mind. Prefer not to buy wired, then use a wireless wired adapter, truer using a wired jaybird and the wires would flip around and drag the earbuds out.

Don't have to be particularly great quality since I imagine the wind will be knocking out a bunch of what I can hear anyway.

>MH335DWSR
don't let this weeb tell you fitear is good. fit ear is when you're a rich as fuck weeb who only cares to get exclusive japanese treatment.

Aria is neutral, while dmg has boosted bass.
Now trustable measurements right now.

Yeah I was not impressed by Fitear at all. None of them had any of the imaging or detail of the others I mentioned in my main post, even ignoring tuning flaws.
The one I’m really curious to try at the moment is Jomo but that will have to wait until next weekend. I’m currently wondering if an A12T custom will fix the nobass issues I had with the U12T. But that will have to be a consideration for another time.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about my lost ZS5, what i do care about is my brand new QT2 dropping to the ground 3 times in the first week of owning it before i epoxied it into place permanently attaching to my balanced 2.5mm cable pretty much guaranteeing i can only use it with only one device and negating the entire purpose of having fucking removable cables in the first place.

i have never had to deal with any of that shit during the time i used my other 4 MMCX equipped IEMs

Attached: IMG_6851.jpg (2448x3264, 2.22M)

>Now trustable measurements right now.
What do you mean?

i bought a meme phone without the headphone jack however with type-c passthrough and was wonderinv if i could buy cpme iems and swap the cable for a type-c one, if so is it a good choice? should i go wireless(like airdots pro, or similar)