How does this make you feel?

How does this make you feel?

Attached: Screenshot_20190113-133213_Brave.jpg (1001x762, 191K)

Nothing really since I use Arch Linux

Just don't update.

I feel no sympathy for anyone using that "operating" system. The idiots have been given enough warning.

Attached: costanza.jpg (700x700, 247K)

well this..

I was sceptical even at the first version of Windows 10 but some people though "it will surely get better eventually"

BUT! It has only gotten worse on each of its incarnation and still morons use it

I don't care, it's not like I have a 20gb partition.

>t. zoomer who never had an IT job

Happy that I upgraded to Windows 7.

I don't care because storage is not a problem on a modern PC.

A modern pc uses a 128gb SSD with a 1tb HDD. Our SSDs are about to get a lot more cramped.

>has a Dell Venue Pro 8
>already has a Windows 10 folder size of 12gb
>fucking this thread

fuck Dell
fuck Windows
i'm glad my other computer has Windows 7

500 GB SSDs are like $80 now.

And 128gb is $30. Guess which one every company is slapping into prebuilts and laptops for easy performance gains.

nothing, already dead inside

I've got a 1TB SSD so I don't give a shit

Finding a mobo provider who has support for windows 7 when ryzen 3 series drops is going to be a pain, since gigabyte supposedly don't, and asus is trash tier.

got a Win10 certified 8GB tablet. Just switch it on and watch it ('I must update') go, like watching a herd of blind penguins on a mountain climbing expedition. @7GB freespace, Its fucked now tho.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (breathe in) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Microsoft needs to reset its shit.

du -sh /usr/portagedistfiles
21G /usr/portagedistfiles

Attached: __gecchan_robot_girls_z_drawn_by_disco_brando__b2cd6144e18bc83049983a3cd3c3fc92.png (2133x2083, 1.22M)

Apathetic.

>A modern pc uses a 128gb SSD with a 1tb HDD
Lol, no it doesn't.
Even then you should have plenty spare space. You will keep some free for optimal write distribution anyway.

Attached: 41NgEeYhkaL._SY355_[1].jpg (355x355, 11K)

Humored

I use Linux and windows 7 so I don't care.

>7GB of a 1/2/5/10+TB disk
The absolute state of Jow Forums

I like how no one has yet confirmed if it is 7GB regardless of the size of the primary drive/partition or if it scales or what Windows does if free space is tight.

Source article?

I can confirm, Windows does not, IME, GAF about whether 'space is tight' or whether there is even enough to upgrade. It just keeps trying, persistently. Its a complete PITA getting it to even use non-primary space, say an sdcard, you basically need to clear everything to that and it give it enough room to multiply. Retarded, literally.

>extra 7gb
>its going to be bloat most likely

fuck you paljeet!

storing updates on a separate drive/sd just makes sense for low space tablets, but Microsoft just can't get it right. It's like monkeys with keyboards trying to fix a broken OS.

many laptops are still sold with 128/256gb ssd's ONLY, smartypants.

>Deletes user's documents in process of reserving 7GB of space

Totally indifferent, as Windows Updates is broken beyond repair in any other way.

Fuck you. You niggers ware suppose to move the torch of freedom forward, not to shove into your anuses.
>t.boomer web designer (2advanced, motherfucker)

Attached: 2a_0801_big1-W1H9 (1).jpg (900x575, 115K)

does 2advanced have a working archive? I'd love to see those projects again, I remember they were very impressive when I was a kid but then the web just took a turn in a different direction

They fired all QA people given the state of all Windows 10 update.

Who cares? Windows already reserves the entire space of every drive connected so i can do whatever the fuck it wants to with them.....

Google it you lazy faggot

I don't think it has. It pisses off. I'm out of the loop so call me a raging cunt, and I don't want to sound like a bitter fag, RWD opens a lot of options, I just don't see anyone using them.
Even logo design is dead, fuck.

the users are the QA people now

Nothing since it is the current year and storage space is not an issue.
Get with the times, grandpa. Your 200GB hard drive is obsolete.

>craptops
Am I supposed to give a fuck? Don't buy a craptop with shitty storage space.

then don't buy them

Call me when Linux supports actual software and not just meme software, I'll gladly switch when that happens

>How does this make you feel?
It makes me think that anyone who relies on windows 10 for anything except games must be drunk or on crack

Attached: 1521037317679.jpg (625x415, 42K)

Nothing since I use 2019 LTSC, the patrician gaymer's choice.

just replace it, it isnt hard

Attached: DurmlfzWsAUt7gx.jpg large.jpg (850x1201, 150K)

>200GB is obsolete
I have 40GB left on my 128GB SSD. I am not looking forward to the day I have to buy a larger SSD. But I think my laptop will die before that happens.

I'm done with windowns after 7, even now I barely use it.

>7gb for future updates
>Literally less than a fourth of what my smallest USB stick can hold
>~1.3% of my main SSD
Who cares exactly? also
>not using LTSC

Attached: 1530433835073.jpg (285x322, 46K)

>Win10 certified 8GB tablet.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Microsoft lost it's mind
And people still take it. I don't understand

Well, it's a good deal for MS for sure.
They sell an OS with ads in it and also have users do QA and testing for free.

Breaking news!
>Windows is bloated
More at 11!

Who the fuck cares? My windows install drive is only a 120GB SSD and I still have 50GB free as is. Linux fags are the worst.

Depends what you consider a 'meme' I guess. Is Firefox a meme? Is MPlayer a meme? Visual Studio Code? Tracktion? Blender? Maya? VMWare Workstation?

looks like a lot to look forward to

kek

Something's fucky in my system and it throws errors whenever it tries to update itself, not that I'm complaining.. so I don't mind

>2tb NVMe bootable RAID0 with 4 500gb Samsung EVO 860 disks

stop being poor

I thought this was already the case?

Oh for fuck's sake I barely have 10gb left on my 128gb ssd.

>install an update voluntarily
>After this operation, 19,2 MB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Wincucks wish they knew this feel.

That is a retarded and ineffective setup. And stop lying. You don't have 4 m.2 drives on your system.

To my fellow 32GB storagelets, try using Dism++ and CompactGUI. Both frontends for their respective W10 CLI counterparts.

For reasons unrelated to storage I finally fully switched to xubuntu on my 32GB netbook.

>最悪なキッズをファック
what

Fucking how? I have a Samsung 120GB 840 series I bought at launch and it's been my boot disk since windows 7 was still the popular OS. I've never gone beyond 65GB on that disk. What the hell is causing your Windows install to be so bloated?

SSDs are ridiculously cheap right now. I've just bought a 250 GB Kingston drive for $25.
Anyway, Win10 Pro users can delay content updates up to 8 months, which is what I do. Security patches will still be forced tho.

>8 months
How so? I thought it was a much shorter time period than that

It's not the windows folder that is bloated, I'm using the adobe suite since it's way way faster on the SSD, Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects and Vegas Pro (when I want to do something quick).

>30GB free
>of 160GB HDD
end my life

Attached: 1450980635946.png (407x243, 79K)

Actually they increased it to 12 months. That's neat.

Attached: delayupdates.png (802x634, 61K)

Fuck the worst kids?

violated

Which type of drive?

Don't care that much.

>storage is not a problem
It can be. I have a cute little 13.3" Acer notebook with a N4200, 4 GB RAM and a IPS screen. And 64 GB emmc storage. Bought a 256 GB M2 along with it and installed GNU/Linux on that. I kept the Windows infestation on the 64 GB emmc because it's slower than the M2 and why not, might need Windows for something someday. There's not much room on that drive and 7 GB is a lot when there's only 64 GB total.

Sometimes it's not worth it and in my case I can't, there's just room for one M2 drive and I'm using that for GNU/Linux. Wouldn't buy another even if there was room, the two times I've tried this Windows thing it's immediately insisted on updating and rebooting and updating more and rebooting and since Windows isn't the default choice in grub it tends to boot into GNU/Linux and then I don't bother to boot back into Windows so it can update for ages and reboot again. It really is quite a pathetic OS.

>4 drive RAID0
You're retarded or lying. Probably both. First of all, you're running RAID0. That's just stupid. Secondly, you're using the same make and model for your entire array. That's also stupid.

What kind of system has enough PCIe lanes for four NVMe's anyway?

t. 500 gb samsung 860 evo + 500 gb samsung 750 evo in RAID1 user

guess what, if one of those drives fail I'm fine and I can keep on (ab)using that machine while I wait for a replacement.

Makes me feel glad that I stopped using that garbage OS months ago.

Regular 2.5" laptop drive

Oh, i see.

I need mSATA drive. Haven't found any lower than 50$ for 250GB.

>Heads up

CRINGE
R
I
N
G
E

>250 GB Kingston drive for $25.
It's 240 GB and you better make sure you have backups of everything important. Wouldn't trust that drive longer than you can throw it. They are dirt cheap, so there's that. But they also have shockingly high failure rates and we're talking months not years. Which is, in fact, a step back. I have a 128 GB Kingston SSD from 2013. Still works. Of course it didn't cost $25 back then.

Anyway, if you can return it then do. If you can't then make sure you have backups and preferably RAID1 the SSD, use an old spinning drive if you have to and put it in write-mostly. You'll get SSD read speeds and HDD write speeds but it's worth slower writes because that SSD will fail sooner rather than later.

Not enough actual competition and Microsoft knows if they do dumb shit people will still buy

Yes to all

It's not 7
It's a percentage of your device, but journos are this stupid
Ie: in my rig, it takes 2.3gigs from a 120gig drive

Oh no, I'm gonna lose 7gb from my 3.5tb of memory. How I will ever recover?

Attached: 1538238746702.png (1228x1150, 230K)

>VS Code
Visual Studio is all that matters, if you're gonna use VSCode might as well just use Emacs or Sublime.
>Maya
Have you tried installing Maya on a non CentOS distro? It's a fucking nightmare, and imo buggy
>Tracktion
Reaper and Bitwig are also available, but the issue is that Windows VSTs don't work without Wine, and some don't work at all.

>Yes, master, just put more shit in my mouth, I dare you

dude they are not that expensive, get a job you lazy fuck

Great. now no more reformatting incase update shits the fan? Bed? I forgot how saying goes.

>wintards literally don't know the difference between memory and storage

Cute girl, but she isn't sexually attractive for some reason.
It's not the flat - tits aren't hot either.

Yeah I just ordered a 240GB mSATA SSD. Not gonna wait.

>this kills all tablets with 32GB eMMC storage

I don't think Microsoft thought their cunning plan all of the way through.

They have a solution to that, they just tell you to buy a new one. A friend of mine who was silly enough to buy a Surface had exactly that experience when it suddenly started failing to boot a few months ago.

NOOO! THIS IS MYYYY DISK SPACE! HOW *DARE* YOU MACROSHIT?!?!?!?! I WILL INSTALL THE GAHNOO SLASH LINECKZ OPERATING SYSTEM NOW!

>storage isn't memory
10/10

I was wrong, a 240GB mSATA SSD from kingston (cheapest brand) is $75US.

Happy I still use the only good OS microshit ever made... WINDOWS XP 64bit!

Attached: 519909-bigthumbnail.jpg (450x281, 58K)

I don't give a shit. 7 GB is nothing. Cope harder, freetard.

I've had update issues due to lack of space on some lean VMs so just assigning it from the start (fat provisioning if you will) makes a lot of sense. Reduces ambiguity by increasing transparency for what is needed for an update. Plus, if you actually read anything about it (Jow Forums never reads anything and just falls for clickbait) then you can see it's still usable space for temp files. They certainly put some thought into this.