Switch to Linux

>switch to Linux
>everything requires some crappy work around to work
>many programs don't even have a gooey
>most programs don't support it
>basic functions are more complicated than on Windows/Mac
How is this garbage better than Windows/macOS again?

Attached: 1530125483408.jpg (250x254, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/thread/69230711/#69232430
support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-universal-print-driver-series-for-windows/503548/model/503519
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No problems here, works on my machine bro. Maybe you suck with computers?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-13_15-49-30.png (1920x1080, 2.21M)

Linux will never be mainstream with proper developer support if it requires shitty workarounds, somehow Linux fags can't wrap their heads around that one fact.

>you have to reinvent the wheel
That's not accessibility.

I really don't know what kind of workarounds you talk about. Maybe you should purchase hardware that has better support? You know you should pick hardware based on your software needs, not vice versa?

This problem is non existent on Windows, further proving my point.

rbt.asia/g/thread/69230711/#69232430

Its better if you have a 3 digit iq or are under 50

it depends on the distro you've installed and on what you want your computer to do / be.

my HP 1010 printer drivers are non existent on windows. blue screen that crashed and deleted everything i had is non existent on linux. and what is your point?

>my HP 1010 printer drivers are non existent on windows. blue screen that crashed and deleted everything i had
Maybe you should purchase hardware that has better support?You know you should pick hardware based on your software needs, not vice versa?

i already had hardware, why should i purchase it twice?

I found a solution using 5 seconds of google, a simple installation without having to use a terminal or any workarounds that are more complex than clicking a simple file.
support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-universal-print-driver-series-for-windows/503548/model/503519

why would I want linux to be mainstream?

No problems here, works on my machine bro. Maybe you suck with computers?

Not him/her but let me give you an example. When I bought my computer it had Windows 7 installed. I left it on the disk and installed Ubuntu as dual-boot. I used Ubuntu daily and was very happy until out of the blue it just stopped booting. The output on the screen says it's waiting for snapd, whatever that means. I could look for a solution but why should I bother if it may stop working unexpectedly again? I don't care about the system all that much, if Windows lets me do what I want without hassle, I'm going to use it because my time is limited and I'm not going to spend the time I use to make money to work on something else. It's also another reason why Windows is so big in enterprise. People use computers to make money. If Windows lets them do it, they'll keep using it.

Yeah, it's pretty retarded. A lot of basic shit needs to be setup manually. It's good for servers but sucks desktop.

Why do you think Linuxfags want Linux to become mainstream?

liar. hp 1010 is unsupported in windows

>>everything requires some crappy work around to work
Not really.

>>many programs don't even have a gooey
>>most programs don't support it
Thank God for that.
GUIs are so stupid for many tasks.

>>basic functions are more complicated than on Windows/Mac
And some basic functions, like changing your wm are practically impossible on Windows.

>Linux will never be mainstream
Who cares?
I don't use Linux so it becomes mainstream, but because it makes my life easier.

I won't lie to you, linux is garbage, that's why I have my minimal installs, the less shit I install, the less I have to config and waste time with.

I don't need to install complex shit like you, I don't even vydia, it just works.
Why I don't just run windows or mac?
- I'm a cheap fuck
- Old laptop 4gb ram but still works
- No botnet, free as in freedom

Have you ever tried running modern Windows on an old crappy laptop?

No because not all of us are poor.

Life can become easier, if software and hardware manufacturers support OS, that you are using.

Not a poorfag so no.

>Who cares?
Is this a legitimate question? Improved driver support, more and better distros will be developed that look decent out of the box and aren't buggy and increased developer support.

>Life can become easier, if software and hardware manufacturers support OS, that you are using.
Yes, that is exactly why I use Linux.

2 days ago I speed like 3 hours trying to install opencv on the windows machine of a friend, took me 5 minutes on my Linux machine.

>Improved driver support
I have no issues.

>more and better distros will be developed that look decent out of the box
Couldn't care less.

>increased developer support.
I have nothing that I would want to be supported and isn't.

I'm not listing things for your own personal improvement you dunce, these are objective improvements for the majority of users.

>I'm not listing things for your own personal improvement
Why should I care then?

>these are objective improvements for the majority of users.
Why should I care?

Throwing away working hardware isn't a sign of wealth.

No one said you should care, you asked who cares and I'm stating that many would care.
Are all Linuxfags this slow?

No wealthy person is using 7+ year old laptops.

That's besides the point. Saying you can't run into hardware problems with Windows (or any OS for that matter) is wrong. We're not living in a perfect world.

Jesus Christ. You Linux shills are stupid

>Linux
Works on my computer
>Windows
Doesn't work on my computer
>the BSDs
Haven't tried yet
>Hackintosh
Haven't tried yet

If you have further inquiries, please (You) me

works here bro maybe you suck with computers

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-13 11-20-50.png (1268x1051, 557K)

>dual boot
>expects microsoft not to mangle boot loader during windows update
found your problem

>Linux shills
I am the opposite of a shill.

Don't use Linux

>programs not having a gui
That's a good thing. I wish none of them did.

>shills
>for a product that is free
does not compute

Because I can do this.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1405x1079, 138K)

buyers remorse

bad bait

Amazing.

Attached: dumb nigger.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

GNU is fucking garbage, but right now it is less garbage than Windows or OSX, so I use GNU/Linux. As soon as an MIT licensed competitor comes by, I'll be there.

Windows requires a fuck ton of workarounds too, yet it's widely used. Fuck off.