>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>GTX 1070/Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti are standard choices
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: endearing-custom-computer-cases-147-best-images-about-computer-case-best-custom-computer-cases-new.j (600x814, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

komplett.se/product/1011746/datorutrustning/datorkomponenter/paketerbjudande/pc-i-delar-intel/pc-i-delar-premium-gamer#
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/D3kN4q
tomshardware.com/news/msi-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-lightning-z,38430.html
youtu.be/E2pMxJV4xr4?t=470
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where do you guys usually order your parts with either same day delivery or next day delivery that ISNT Amazon or Newegg?

Attached: [email protected] (1282x752, 144K)

I just steal stuff off of the shipping trucks that go into my local microcenter.

Give them back, Jamal

Its not my fault that the unmarked boxes i stole were GPU, i thought they were iPhones

Amazon has the best return policy. Having worked at a package distro, you'll want that leniency just in case.

I'm buying a used zotac 1070ti mini tomorrow, am I done for?

is ram getting cheaper or it's a temporary illusion?

I wouldn't order same day delivery from anyone but amazon.

Maybe B&H photovideo since i live within their 1 day delivery area.

maybe a bit, but I wouldn't count on significantly cheaper in the long run.

RTX 2060 vs gtx 1070 for machine learning purely?

Those sweet tensor cores

post good cases

It's tensor cores vs more vram basically

Attached: e7a8dee6-b19d-4df5-a050-6857f8c5e0af.jpg (1920x1459, 278K)

Me being the contrarian that I am, I like the Obsidian 500d despite most reviews being luke-warm to negative on it.

Attached: ec946d2fa9eedcf8974b2fd0a3b45e37df354ee0.jpg (940x540, 56K)

So I bought the Acer Predator XB271HU. When it arrived it was a XB271HUA. Phoned up the company to ask them why they send me the wrong shit. They tell me to look at the invoice. It was XB271HUA. I fucked up. Asked to return it so I could buy the other one. They said no, can't return it because I was too much of a brainlet. Fuck my life, it's still better than my 8 yr old 1080p/60hz monitor but it's not what I wanted.

Attached: 1545243451311.png (800x600, 1.08M)

Attached: 1544949954767.png (1164x1800, 520K)

Howd you do that? There should be a clear $200-300 price difference.

what sort of tools do i need to build a case like the one in ops photo

I am a literal brainlet is how I did that.

Attached: 1484067692219.jpg (444x460, 112K)

yeah fair enough, sucks to suck i guess.

Attached: 1452499397671.gif (248x319, 155K)

Brain dead PC builder here.

I have one of these cases, but the bottom front stock fan (below the disk drive spaces) never spins on its own unless I manually spin it myself and then it will spin perpetually. What exactly is the issue and fix here? It's a thermaltake MK-1

Attached: 41RV7335SRL.jpg (332x500, 32K)

Attached: large_f0c623815680ce0e.jpg (900x900, 351K)

That's one of the most ricer cases I've seen.

Best in the thread IMO, the rest of them look like plastic boxes

Attached: Lian Li Train Case.jpg (640x480, 46K)

tl,dr of this is
>So I bought the Acer Predator XB271HUA and got the Acer Predator XB271HUA

Attached: 1545842117042.jpg (532x601, 43K)

>What exactly is the issue and fix here?
enough power to keep it spinning, yet not enough to make it start spinning

it's an issue with either the fan itself or whatever it's plugged into

>glass on every side except back and bottom
>good idea
This case must be a fucking nightmare for people who want to move around

My power supply is an evga nex 750g. Should I try replacing the fan? Thx for response

Is it worth it building a new PC before the next console generation arrives?

Only reason I'm interested in building a PC is 60fps and playing older titles, maybe VR:

I haven't really cared for strategy games, indies or online multiplayer shooters in years.

I mean many PS4 games already run at 60fps today and VR is always at 90fps guaranteed.

If the PS5 is able to do that spending a lot of money on a PC isn't worth it for me.

New consoles are 2 years away

Attached: 4B36DB9E-F650-407C-861E-A1CAAD92FDD1.jpg (697x800, 129K)

if the old fan is using a molex connector, sure

you might need a fan controller as well if you're buying a fan with a pwm connector

finally my old 670 gtx seems to have died midgame, i got black screen, then pc refused to boot few times, when i finally booted it, i only got huge bezels for some reason, and drivers where disabled, while the hdmi cable was still connected to 670gtx, i tried to completely delete drivers and reinstall it, again pc refused to boot few times, then i took out gpu and connected hdmi directly to mobo, pc booted.. so seems like the 670gtx is almost dead, i was planning to buy either navi or rtx 30 series midrange gpu.. but now? what should i get? cheapest rx 570 4gb itx is around 145, 8gb model is like 180, 580 is like 200 for 4gb.. 1060 6gb model is like 270euros. Should i just get 4gb model and be done with it, or shell out more cash for 8gb ?

Super cramped case with no expansion bays. Regret buying it.

>get bluetooth keyboard
>can't configure bluetooth without keyboard

Attached: 3999942026886259940.jpg (512x470, 147K)

owo lads help

how much wam do i need for a minecwaft sorvor

Posted in last thread but got little attention.

Thoughts on this build? Comes as a package deal.
Can someone tell me if this a good deal for approx 15000 Swedish kronor?

1 stk Intel Core i7-8700 Processor

1 stk Corsair TX550M 550W PSU

1 stk ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, S-1151

1 stk Ballistix LT DDR4 2666MHz 16GB (2x8GB)

1 stk Svive Luna S700 W Midi Tower

1 stk Kingston A1000 SSD 240GB PCIe M.2

1 stk Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA3.0

1 stk ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070

decent, not fantastic. But not a rip off.

>be local town pc guy
>mostly just help kids get in to pc gaming on the cheap for nominal fees
>give general advice for free since I got time to waste while in transit or at work breaks
>helped one kid choose an SSD for an upgrade but couldn't install it for him at the time
>his friend does it instead for him
>friend fucks up and installs W10 pro instead of W10 home
>also his microphone doesn't work anymore in that system

Would it be rude to tell him to ask his friend for help instead since he was the last one who touched his pc?
Don't really feel like giving free tech support for these kinds of situations, not that I care about money but its more like I'm not obliged to take over someone else's problem.

Attached: 1503094109877.png (730x720, 548K)

What's more important, framerate or resolution? I want to buy a monitor but don't know which to choose

I’m honestly not sure if that is a deal so much as it’s kind of in the ballpark of what I would expect that combo to cost. Haven’t done any math on it though. Maybe you do save a little money. And some of those parts are just abnormal and not what someone would normally pick. Probably why it’s a bundle.

I have two R7 260X's, an R9 270, and an R6950, all 2GB. Which would be the most powerful? Are crossfire R7 260X's better than an R9 270?

What manner of hippie moves his case around all the time? My case has sat at the same place since 2007.

or should i just get 2060 and be done with it?
if the price will be around 350~.. would be decent enough buy

Attached: relative-performance_1920-1080.png (500x1010, 52K)

Link please (I'm swedish)

How much?
Any chance of it being mined on?

Windows 10 has native virtual keyboard functionality.

RX580 are good value these days.

Console releases don't affect PC gaming at all. And we know very little about next gen consoles, only that they are far away in the future plus there is a chance that Sony/M$ will ramp up on subscription based services like "game streaming" or "library subscription".

It will be economically unsound to invest in console gaming in the future, but if you want ease of use and good number of singleplayer games released then it might be better for you.

Attached: 1534921588897.gif (720x575, 412K)

270. crossfire support is ass in almost everything.

Dude just clean the fuck out of it, put it back in the box with grace and carefulness of an angel/ballet expert/secret agent, glue the box shut, and sell it on eBay as a brand new monitor. Simply fuck them and do it right the second time around.

there are steep diminishing returns with both. And your graphics card can only output so many pixels per second. even if your monitor supports some insane resolution and framerate.

Prime95 has been running for 5 hours? is 96c JUST tier?

Attached: fghfghfghf.png (714x636, 189K)

Depends on how you phrase it, but I wouldn't say it's rude. Also good on you for being a good samaritan, user.

That depends on if it’s avx or not

lol enjoy your TN garbage

>How much?
>Any chance of it being mined on?
it's 10 months old, been mined on and it's 50% cheaper than a brand new 1070ti. It's got 2+ years of transferable warranty and all so I don't care if it bricks down the line

*blocks your path*

Attached: Backlight-bleed-IPS.jpg (1024x768, 39K)

My thoughts too. Thanks for confirming.

komplett.se/product/1011746/datorutrustning/datorkomponenter/paketerbjudande/pc-i-delar-intel/pc-i-delar-premium-gamer#

can someone help me out with this piece of shit pic related

i can use usb tethering on my phone for wifi and get 20mb/s on this new pc i built but with this wn881nd card i get 0.5mb/s but now it's no internet at all it always says DNS_PROBE_UNFINISHED or something,
i can connect to the router and get full bars but the internet just doesnt work

Attached: 618BkKPINDL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 13K)

To add, I can get a 1070ti Titanium, 1 month old, barely used, pristine condition and all for 60% of a new one. What should I do

Attached: terry.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

Major cope
my IPS monitors don't bleed and the colors, angles and contrast are incomparable to TN shit

>my IPS monitors don't bleed
Major cope

>sub 100 dollar 16GiB kits are becoming common

Plus these pics are taken with garbage cameras that will bloom the fuck out of any light on the monitor so it's not an accurate representation at all. Even then, you only hear about the ones who got problems and not the vast majority who get perfect panels.
Pic related is my U2312HM, it's a garbage quality pic but there's 0 issues with it.

Attached: blb.jpg (769x574, 61K)

>police bust in
>see that case
>get shot
>wedidntknowitwasntarealgun.jpg

i got the design G recently in white and regret it

i hate having power buttons on top of the case its so easy to accidentally press and reset

whats wrong with the pro version i thought its better

I have no idea. My motherboard is the ASRock B450M. I'd appreciate it if anyone knows.

Yeah but the license doesn't register cross the versions, so he needs a new one or to reinstall (or pirate).

Use HWinfo. Those temps are probably wrong.

Chope

help help I'm 15 hours away from buying either of those two cards

Ah okay I see. So assuming you are using the most recent version of prime95, you’re fine getting those temps after 5 hours.

2060 performance is around 1080 for 350$, supposed Navi that comes out in 6month is supposed 2070 performance for 250$.
I need a gpu now, what i should do ? wait ? or just get 2060. Get a cheap used gpu? like rx 570 for like 90$?

>tfw stuck on Kaby Lake
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/D3kN4q
is this salvageable or should I shove the mobo+cpu into a NAS and start fresh?
I do 4k gaming with it and the system does struggle from time to time so I thought it might be time for an upgrade now that the mining craze has stopped.

Attached: 1510418248415.jpg (221x246, 21K)

>Navi that comes out in 6month is supposed 2070 performance for 250$.
imagine being so delusional

>2060 performance is around 1080
man fuck off
the 2060 replaces the 1070, not the 1070ti, not the 1080.

are you telling me tpu is shills?

Attached: relative-performance_3840-2160.png (500x1010, 55K)

It-it's impossible.

im just looking best bang/buck i dont care about card name or manufacturer, right now 2060 seems to be like great choice... but like i said if Navi is actually coming out(in 6month) it might be much better choice, simply because of 2060 memory limitions (only 6gb of ram). And my gpu just died today..

tomshardware.com/news/msi-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-lightning-z,38430.html
this is the gaudiest thing I've ever seen.

why is everything getting worse?

Yeah you should definitively do that. i7-7700k are not in stock anymore or overpriced, you could get a nice ryzen mobo + cpu for the price of a i7-7700. Everything else in your system is fine so its not a total upgrade either.

>should I wait several months to possibly save a few bux?

Then you waste your time instead. Buy now or just quit gaming all together.

If you are gonna build it yourself you might as well pick up components individually. You could save some more kroner if you look around on january sales.

But its not a terrible package. Haven't done a price check but it looks about right. I'd wish the cooler was beefier and the hdd was at least 2tb but that is my two cents.

I'd go for the titanium version.

>6gb at 2160p
>no frametimes
>no latency
>only averages
go watch the digitalfoundry vid on 2060 vs. BFV RT.

you are right, gonna pick up 2060 once it comes out next week, fuck amd and its forever "wait ™"

i watched it, it performed great

>"wait ™"
Nvidia had us on hold for the better part of 2018, with terribe launch prices.

Never gonna team up with anyone, just buy what benefits you the most for the moment. Waiting is only good if you can hold for the time and something big is literally confirmed to be around the corner.

Except for that part when they start to troubleshoot why they can't get a solid 60fps even at 1080p and realize that it's because the ultra textures take up too much ram. youtu.be/E2pMxJV4xr4?t=470

Missed your reply. Yeah I think I'm gonna kindly direct him to his friend to fix the issue or have him turn his in for me to fix instead of doing live chat support.

Thanks for the (you)!

Attached: 1533764353133.png (503x466, 296K)

I just bought and built a new PC and Windows sometimes crashes when I touch the computer case. It's not consistently reproducible but it seems to be more and more likely to happen the longer I wait. A light touch just about anywhere seems to be enough.

The display output disappears immediately, while audio output works fine for ~1 minute until it starts to freeze as well and eventually Windows reboots. I don't get any errors or warnings from BIOS or Windows post-reboot.

Which part of the PC should I troubleshoot first?

Did you put in the motherboard standoffs?
Did you buy a cheap case?
Did you use anything metal inside the case? (like wiring)
Are any cables attached to the pc damaged?

My immediete guess is that the power/reset buttons are badly installed.

Attached: 1545869392657.jpg (737x720, 99K)

My delided and liquid metal applied 8700k is always around 40C on idle.
Some others report idle temps of 25-30C.
Did I mess up the liquid metal? Or maybe the paste between CPU and heatsink?
I've reapplied both twice already within the last months, but nothing changed.
Room temperature is around 22C.

I'm running out of ideas.

I'm pretty sure the standoffs were pre-installed
Fractal Design Define R6, so no
Haven't used anything that didn't come with the parts
Cables should be very new, with exception for a couple of SATA cables that worked fine in my old build

The cables for the front panel barely had enough length to get to the motherboard with the default cable setup, I could try to give them more slack. You don't think it's related to RAM, GPU or CPU based on what happens to the display/audio output?

I'd like to build a PC for someone for around 500€, with a monitor included in the price.
They'll likely use it for "gaming" (CSGO) and web browsing.
How low can I go? Can I use a ryzen 2400G to avoid buying a GPU?
Can I buy a prebuilt office PC with an i5 and just add 4gbs of ddr3 ram and a low-end GPU?
What is the best course of action?

Attached: 1539451769980.jpg (480x600, 76K)

>I have one of these cases
Sorry to hear that, bro.
If you can afford to, buy a better one
that looks like some shit heap of junk
with an expensive badge on the front of it.

Try a coolermaster case they are the best

I have an old thinkcentre that I want to replace the cooler/cpu in, but the backplate is held in with these tiny plastic clips (pic related)
How do I remove them?

Attached: IMG_1182.jpg (4032x3024, 1.49M)

Should I return my graphics card if it whines when it goes over 100 FPS?

>The cables for the front panel barely had enough length to get to the motherboard with the default cable setup, I could try to give them more slack. You don't think it's related to RAM, GPU or CPU based on what happens to the display/audio output?

If you touch the case and it shuts off, its definitively a "short" happening. There is a risk that you might have pulled a cable to the front i/o if they were to short when you installed.

Can't help you much otherwise.

>I'm pretty sure the standoffs were pre-installed
Define R6 guide says they are, which is suspicious considering that no other Fractal product does. You should double check.

If you don’t throttle then it makes no difference. Maybe hot air is trapped in your case or maybe your cooler isn’t good enough. But again if you are satisfied with your frequency and voltage and don’t throttle then your idle will make no difference.