How does Richard Stallman earn an income? He's 65, so he's eligible for Social Security. However...

How does Richard Stallman earn an income? He's 65, so he's eligible for Social Security. However, the Free Software Foundation's Form 990 shows he works 60 hours per week but takes no salary. Does he operate/work for any other nonprofits?

Attached: Richard Stallman.jpg (628x314, 34K)

selling foot cheese to freetards

He couch surfs and wears donated clothes. His life is unencumbered by money.

his income is from speaking fees

Fpbp t.

is his head expanding?

He lives the Erdos way

That's all that motherfuckin' brain, dude

He's lived quite the life, being a freeloader hippie.

He doesn't speak in association with FSF?

I doubt the guy needs much money at all. No family, no proprietary software, no new computers, all he needs to pay for is like food and shelter I imagine.

>How does Richard Stallman earn an income?
The short answer is that he doesn't. He has gotten quite a few grants over the years. He's won a lot of awards too. And he has written a few books which he probably gets some income from.

It's important to understand that
>hippie
is a quite accurate description of him and his mindset. We are talking about someone who's working for freedom and refuses to get paid for doing so. Spreading freedom is a very different goal from "make a lot of money".

>and shelter
He used to work out of his office at MIT for a long time. There was no shower there. MIT eventually gave him a house (which has a shower) that was until then used for visiting professors and speakers.

Attached: rms-codes-of-conduct.png (525x500, 26K)

I just became a FSF annual associate member, I hope hes not wasting my donations on hookers and blow

OP is literally retarded. You think people travel around the world to speak for free?????????????????????????

People in general? No. RMS? Yes. Really. You'll have to pay for his travel, you'll have to get him there. You really don't have to actually pay him anything.

RMS gets no money from the FSF. Your money goes to pay the rest of the staff.

>He end up begin son from rich jewish family

It's just weird that FSF has a nearly $900,000 payroll, yet the organization doesn't report ANY compensation for its president (RMS), who is reported to work 60 hours per week.

Does RMS get paid personally for speaking engagements or is RMS paid? Also, does RMS really not have any reportable W-2/1099 income from FSF or a related organization?

Attached: FSF_2016_Form900_Compensation.png (721x585, 67K)

>does
>does
The fuck dude, whats your angle here?

He gets paid for speaking fees.

what does the FSF even do

memes aside, we should all be thankful to Stallman, he really made the world a better place without exploiting anybody or being asshole, who thought 20 years ago that the biggest corporations and small startups alike will be throwing FOSS on people

they install gentoo

>Summary
The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is dedicated to promoting and defending computer users' freedom worldwide. The FSF accomplishes its mission through organizational programs focused on education and outreach, software licensing, software development, and maintenance of a director of free "as in freedom" software.

>Statement of Program Service Accomplishments
The FSF is dedicated to promoting and defending computer users' rights to use, study, copy, and modify the software on their computers, as well as the related documentation. The FSF assists in the development and use of free software and documentation.

>Form 900, Part III
See pic

Attached: FSF_2016_Form900_PartIII.png (965x599, 147K)

sounds vague