Am I getting smarter or is Jow Forums getting dumber?

Am I getting smarter or is Jow Forums getting dumber?

I remember years ago, whenever I visited Jow Forums I always felt intimidated because you all seemed really smart with all your programming knowledge and tech wisdom, and now I think you're all fucking stupid. So I don't know if you guys got dumber or I got smarter.

Help me solve this conundrum, Jow Forums.

Attached: rip.jpg (605x809, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/statistics/activity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you got a tiny bit smarter

Im a proud Future Engineer
ask me everything

g's average age is 20. it's full with fucking dweeb kiddies. I have no idea why I come here

>Future
so you have zero accomplishments

In the last few years Jow Forums has almost doubled in post rate. Those people probably aren't high IQ.

you still get the paragraph-long explanations here but it's drowned out by low quality 1-sentence phoneposts

It's mostly just bots and shills, so you're correct in that sense.

It's probably these mathfags who think math is useful lol.

>Am I getting smarter or is Jow Forums getting dumber?
The later. Jow Forums is nothing more than a /v/ colony at this point.
Now post more lolis.

this place got a lot dumber following 2012
It evaporated finally about 2014 when the last really intelligent thread was posted. Before 2012 you often got really good discussions, well conducted discussion, but now Jow Forums and /b/ just stink the place up with shitposting. from 2012 to 2014 the plave started drying up like ,melted ice until now all that's here is the opportunity to make a decent thread, but it soon becomes apparent all people really want to do is call each other cunts these days

its getting really bad desu

Stop lying.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-13 g - Technology ยป Statistics Activity.png (985x697, 208K)

Jow Forums has never been smart

Attached: 4chan_stallman.jpg (750x600, 69K)

What's the source of your image

it used to have a wide variety of topics now its mainly consumer hardware and circle jerks in the generals.

rbt.asia/g/statistics/activity/

Your ass

I feel exactly the same user, it's not just you, also I haven't got smarter either, I'm really sure it's the userbase that got dumber.
Like seriously, more than half of Jow Forums now are computer illiterates.

Board got dumber. Sadly the same thing has happened to /tg/. It's still not /b/tarded, but a few more levels and it'll end up there.
/co/ is already a pile of shit on the level of /v/.

You jusy get used to technology and it's peculiarities so it doesn't intimidate you anymore. The same goes for everything

If you're still here after all those years you're either a NEET loser, a kid who hasn't been here for long yet or just a retard

which one are you then

I was about to say, if anything the post rate on Jow Forums has slowed down, since a lot of the people who came here to talk about actual technology and not just "rate muh chinkfone, eww snapdragon 400, amd wins, intel is finished" have probably left.

A poll we had earlier showed many were in post grad studies. And yes, I know people can lie but the distribution looked plausible.

In any case, the demographics in Jow Forums and Jow Forums are worlds apart. Aggregating the entire Jow Forums tells little bout this group.

I believe that most boards have gotten slower, the big exception being Jow Forums which is probably the biggest board now

I seriously hope this post is being ironic.

The tech industry as a whole has gotten dumber.

A NEET loser.

Nope, that's /v/. Jow Forums is slowly decreasing too. Check 4stats.io

From what I've seen, there's more consumer shit than before.

Every board I visit has been in continuous decline since I started paying attention. Even places I had thought were already at the bottom of the pit have somehow gotten worse. Jow Forums is merely being dragged along with the site's trajectory.

I don't mind the consumer tech but it shouldn't be the whole board. Unfortunately it has been made apparent time and time again that moderation is impossible and outright banning the topic is the only way to keep secondary shit like it from devouring entire boards.

How has /v/ become so big?

/v/ was always the big draw to Jow Forums and has generally been the biggest board it used to create funny oc the truckloads.

kids like video games

In the past /b/ and Jow Forums were much bigger

You got smarter and surpassed the general knowledge level of this board.
I don't know why you'd stick around for serious discussion when the baseline here is so fucking low.
It's like when I learned to program, I left Jow Forums and came back years later only to find people still unironically posting fancy fizzbuzz solutions with that crossdressing pink haired boy holding a C book.

the following

Why the "rip" on the image and in its filename?

you just got older and realized fan boys are wack

The version of Jow Forums you visited must have been different from the version i visited.

FANG engineer making 300k here, I come here to shitpost mainly

HI CUNNY user
i recognize her from /tv/ she got the best nudes

Smart people are on here, they're just unlikely to respond to retarded questions or post in retarded threads. Sometimes I get in an actually good convo with someone and learn some shit or teach some shit. It happens about as often as anywhere else on the internet.

share her nudes with us

The girl's dead.
It's a /tv/ meme, they used to post her nudes there no matter how much the mods deleted them. Later on, one user found out she's dead.

name?

who is she? what's the story?