What's the best VR setup for a poorfag with a 290X? Mostly just for VRchat

What's the best VR setup for a poorfag with a 290X? Mostly just for VRchat.

Attached: oculus-cv1.jpg (1600x1200, 353K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/HTC-Vive-Virtual-Reality-System-/223323680117
ebay.com/itm/Dell-Visor-VR-Headset-and-TWO-Controllers/283324307508
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One of those Microsoft augmented reality headsets. Good budget headsets, especially the Dell one oddly enough

suicide

>290X
the 290x is as good as a 580
you already have all you need for vr.

I have lenovo explorer with inside out tracking and controller tracking, got in at a deal for $200. I use Oculus rift for work and prefer the lenovo explorer because I can wear my glasses with it on. Tracking is noticeably worse than the oculus, especially with controllers, but it is fine. I 100% recommend it IF you want VR.

VRChat isn't a poorfags game. You need good specs to run it because it's built on a garbage engine and barely optimised. Most players have killer PCs, Vives, and full body tracking setups which will cost you in the range of thousands.
Also,

I understand, but I by "poorfag" I mostly meant I was looking for a budget headset
my PC can run the non-VR version of VRchat good enough
also, no one responded to my thread on /v/

thanks anons!

>my PC can run the non-VR version of VRchat good enough
At 1080p/60Hz? The Rift has 2x 1080p lenses that run at 90Hz. That's significantly more computational load.

Your shitty android phone and a 15$ bucks software named riftcat

The Rift comes with the touch controllers and two sensors now for $350
Just save up an extra $150 and get it instead of blowing your load on a WMR HMD.
You can always add FBT later with the Rift, too.

1920x1200 @60Hz actually...
just looked up the specs and the CV1 is 2160x1200 @90Hz and the DK2 is 1920x1080 @90Hz, shouldn't be that much worse for my PC
That CV1 in the OP pic is $250 on Ebay; DK2's are even cheaper

some dude got a full Vive setup for $250 today.. lucky dude
ebay.com/itm/HTC-Vive-Virtual-Reality-System-/223323680117

Can you play regular games on vr? Feel like rts could be fun like that.

what are you talking about? The CV1 has a refresh rate of 90Hz, not 60Hz.

that's what I said

Buy a Windows Mixed Reality headset off eBay when they run the next 10-20% off code. You can get a setup for like 150-180$ that way. Just make sure to buy one with controllers. There are really cheap WMR headset only packages out there and you don't want that. Also WMR is awesome for VR Chat and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. No stupid cameras to setup, you just plug it into your PC and start walking around as a damn near naked anime girl.

I ended up getting the oculus rift with two controllers and two sensors for 100$ in like new condition . Some soldier sold it to me.

oh yeah thats a good deal enjoy VR chat

no idea how much dell visors are nowadays but i bought it as the cheapest way to try out modern VR and it ran VRChat no problem

would this one be good to buy?:
ebay.com/itm/Dell-Visor-VR-Headset-and-TWO-Controllers/283324307508

sure. that would work fine
i would recommend saving another $200 for a rift though

Samsung odyssey plus

buy a refurbished Lenovo explorer for 200$ on ebay

get a vive because eventually vrchat will corrupt you and you'll need vive full body tracking to pretend to have sex with other men pretending to be women

p.s. when this happens, check out my vrchat dating site: vrlfp.net

I see these have a 90Hz refresh rate, are they 1080?

They're 1440p. WMR headsets are 2880x1440 so 1440x1440 per eye.

Attached: 1522589963120.gif (250x188, 2.4M)

You can get full body tracking with a wmr. A weird russian guy made an application which will either let you use a Kinect or the vive trackers with a WMR headset.

oh what the fuck then, so my 290X won't be able to run it at all

A lot of my friends with shitty systems play VRChat just fine. It's not some giga l33t weed snip3r teach children to gamble fuck fest it's a bunch of guys dressed like anime girls hanging out and laying on the floor. Just let the good times roll and forget about FPS for once in your goddamned life. Pretend you're a console peasant.

I got a PSVR, best head mounting system. Want VRChat. Can a 390x handle the 1920x1080/2 screen? What's the latest hotness in PSVR on PC hack jobs? I figure Trinus, 2 PS3 Eyes, and a Kinect.

They're not running it in VR, so they don't mind the frame drops as bad as a VR user.

They are. The frame drops are way over blown by people who never use VR and tried it once and never stop bitching.