Intel. WTF are you doing?

Intel. WTF are you doing?

Attached: Such a savings!.png (710x733, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-14/in-ceo-search-intel-still-hasn-t-found-what-it-s-looking-for
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Intel in 2019: MAKE MORE USELESS SKUS TO CONFUSE CUSTOMERS

the F can overclock better

14nm++++++++++++++++++++

>we take out the igpu and pass the savings into our rabbi

Attached: Happy_Marxchant.png (858x1000, 972K)

>People would rather buy Intel CPUs with defective iGPUs than buy AyyMD garbage.

Attached: 1451624288740.jpg (265x298, 19K)

>overclocking locked CPUs
retard

>he can't understand BCLK overclocking
brainlet

wow what a smug slut

It's going to end like nvidia with GeForce vs Quadro in the 00s. They will produce a full chip and cripple it afterwards because having two production lines is way more expensive than what they would save.

hey amd fags, give me a reason why you need more than 4 cores. go on, i'll wait

Enjoy your PCIe/SATA corruption.

>2.9 base clock

Attached: 1494531409554.jpg (1315x794, 510K)

well..are there defective iGPU or did they just make the without iGPU at all?

so is there even a reason to buy F sku's?

Literally everything in current year, get with the times gramps.

They are running out of stock, 5GHz chips are rare, so they are also selling the ones with broken disabled graphics coprocessors

>when your yields are so shit you have to introduce a new SKU lineup for your defective iGPU dies

Attached: 1547269514541.gif (300x296, 1.86M)

The regular SKU is out of stock and you're enough of a kike cum guzzling faggot to take another load of rabbi relief to the face.

Consoles are 8 cores now gramps

>cores don't matter

Same with K model, all are made by the same process. they keep the special cpus, lock overclocking and just sell with without a K

They still do that today. The only chip that hasn't been in a consumer or prosumer titan is the GP100 that's been superseded by the gv100 which went into the titanV.

Supply and demand.

People just keep buying Intel bros ... what can we do to stop this? It's not fair ... Ryzen is better .... but we're still losing ...

Attached: ahhhhhhhhhhhh.png (396x408, 249K)

But we aren't kek

Only Intel fags are losing though by buying overpriced products.

AMD is very successful, using their EPYC chips to accelerate microsoft, amazon, google, facebook...
I bet even things like PRISM are using the EPYC chips now.

They are the botnet now.

cringe and bluepilled

Attached: 1514612311164.png (1399x1226, 710K)

It can't.

Almost everyone who owns the 9900k or 9700k already have the iGPU disabled in the BIOS.

Disabling it via firmware, or binning chips with dead iGPUs, isn't gonna suddenly increase your OC headroom.

They're physically coming from the same stock of silicon. They're identical design. One just has an iGPU disabled, the other doesn't, but most people use a dedicated GPU with it, and thus end up disabling the iGPU regardless.

In most cases they should OC identically. With the normal silicon lottery playing it's roll.

gnetoo

>it's ok when amd does it

Attached: AMD_Phenom_Logo.png (203x239, 51K)

The salty Intlel shill is in full force today as well

They are salvaging yields that are usually failed due to a defective iGPU. It's actually the most common reason for a yield to fail, afaik. lol. Almost no one is buying Intel CPUs anymore, especially in the enterprise space except to fulfill contracts that were in place years ago. Only retarded gamers who say
>I've only ever bought Intel because I'm underage and I'm not comfortable with AMD
buy Intel anymore.

>They are salvaging yields that are usually failed due to a defective iGPU. It's actually the most common reason for a yield to fail, afaik.

Sure, but why sell them for the same price?

Because why not you stupid goyim

Attached: jew_basic.jpg (600x600, 42K)

Not a thing since 2000, grandpa

Keep coping, pajeet

>take out the igpu
>don't lower the price at all
sasuga intlel, are they even trying at this point?

Attached: 222415606866.jpg (482x482, 28K)

delid dis

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

If people are retarded enough to buy a $230 i5-8400, and $300 i5-9600k to begin with, they are retarded enough to pay the same price for the same product but worse.

Like have you read around Jow Forums, especially /pcbg/? The mental gymnastics people go through to pay more money for a worse product is astounding.
It's the same reason people will pay $40k for a shitty truck that costs the same or less to make as a car that sells for $30k. Truck manufacturers don't have to make a better product because of the American import taxes that makes them non-competitive and because people will pay a lot for a shitty truck because
>muh Ford muh Chevy muh tonka truck imma big boy

>2011
>buy amd athlon 64 3200+
>complete shit can barely run windows XP
>2012
>buy intel core i5 2500k
>runs everything perfectly to this day
Why do retards still use AMD when Intel is so much better?

>intshills still believe this

Attached: surebuddy.png (399x386, 27K)

thats a stock 2600k though, OC'd to 4.3GHz+ and it'd meet or beat your scores in single threaded.

It will also burn your house down

>my high end i7 will beat your midrange non OC'd Ryzen if I put the ratio to 43, and take off security patches, and leave HT enabled, but only in single core performance (still won't btw)
intstutter btfo

no it wouldnt

a 2600k burning your house down?

Attached: 1546477267145.gif (186x186, 2.99M)

Thanks for confirming that you're retarded and that your opinion can be disregarded.

I have shit wiring

I'm sorry you can't read. Nice gif tho

HURRY
MOAR LAKES
MOAR LAKES

Intel misheard Moores law as More Lakes.

>nobody realizes the Athlon 64 is a CPU from 2003~2006
Sure is underage here

it literally is cuz their prices were lowered accordingly

Because /v/ kids are stupid enough to buy them.

How the fuck did you even buy a athalon 64 in 2011?

>It will also burn your house down
Are you retarded? The 2500k OC'd insanely well. I ran mine at 4.3 on air for years. Stop regurgitating memes you see about current gen, it didn't apply to the 2500k.

>all these x86 CPUs
who actually cares about any of these?

Am I crazy or is it literally pay more for less?

Attached: 1524204671120.gif (245x210, 1.84M)

Once you stop following or caring about computer hardware for like a year and come back to realise exactly how fucking meaningless it all is.

It's a travesty that technological development is wasted on this irrelevant bullshit, if the world reset to the Sandy bridge era nobody would even fucking notice.

Where is my xpoint persistent memory (the real shit).

Attached: de9323.jpg (1200x1200, 1.77M)

>Where is my xpoint persistent memory
Does it give more fps in gaymes? If not, it's irrelevant.

>gaymes
Jow Forums has 4 fucking video game related boards, do you really have to come to Jow Forums with this shit?

>3d movie rendering speeds don't matter
>video editing capabilities don't matter
>audio editing capabilities don't matter
>AI speeds don't matter
>consumer hardware and purposes are all I know
>consumer purposes have not changed since windows 95 except for gaming, so all new hardware developments are SNAKE OIL

This. Imagine all the time creators save making commercials, comic book movies, and blicky stiffy music.

I can't even imagine being such a disingenuous shill

ai is already being worked on via ai oriented gpus, audio editing doesnt need a hardware improvement period.

i dont know enough to say abour video editing nor 3d rendering (other than raytracing being supported in hardware)

Phenom didnt have a igpu retard

Because his really really REALLY retarded

>Intel announces that they will soon be selling dedicated graphics cards based on up-scaled versions of their iGPUs
>Suddenly the majority of new Intel CPUs lack a iGPU
sure makes you wonder

That's a valid point, there's still somewhat of a CPU shortage problem. Selling the ones with a defective iGPU is a good way of filling the gap.

80% of consumer CPUs sold at retailers have been from AMD the last few months. Not that strange since i3's have been competing with r5's and i5's have been side by side with r7's .. price-wise. There's some signs that Intel prices are starting to normalize somewhat so this will probably change.

>PCIe/SATA
>2000
grandchild, I...

>is it literally pay more for less?
You are literally paying more for less.

Nothing wrong with
AGP+PCI and IDE

why you need PCIe and SATA?

>Selling the ones with a defective iGPU is a good way of filling the gap
But at the same price as a fully functioning CPU? Now that's Intel right there.

>buy a athalon 64 in 2011?
You can buy my Athlon 3000+ in current year right now. I have the technology.

I've actually got it next to my bed, have had it there for a few years. The case is the right size for a night-stand. I know I could/should get a small table but.. idk current solution works.

Attached: VIA-motherboard-IMG_20180912_063009.jpg (2382x2106, 2.44M)

Yeah, what's wrong with my VESA ESDI card?

ITT intel shills on suicide watch

POOr

>if the world reset to the Sandy bridge era nobody would even fucking notice.
The absolute state of the technology board.

Intel tries to copy Apple

Attached: 1547405897008.png (1712x284, 24K)

DELET

Attached: 1491937185294.jpg (1293x1730, 1.16M)

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-14/in-ceo-search-intel-still-hasn-t-found-what-it-s-looking-for

I tried

Attached: AND.png (1712x284, 25K)

>Buy a 2003 chip in 2011
>Wonder why it performs like garbage

>Sandy Bridge
>Beating anything Zen clock for clock

Underage bait

Attached: untitled-12.png (682x908, 52K)

oy veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Based trips BTFOing lying intel vermin shills

Does it run kiling floor?

Sandy bridge at 4.5Ghz hit's right around 150-160CB.

Beating out most of the first gen Ryzen parts in single threaded performance.

That's still damn impressive for a CPU from January of 2011.

cute laughing whores gif

>Sandy bridge at 4.5Ghz hit's right around 150-160CB.

And Zen1 reaches these scores on something like 3.8GHz.

Yes, Sandy can clock higher, but they also need that clock speed to match Zen. Zen+ is already getting into unreachable territory for Sandy Bridge, even with overclocking in mind.

Yeah, but it's not drastically different, we're talking 20-25 points.

Around 10-15% difference for single core performance.

Again, this is a CPU from early 2011, against Zen+ from mid 2018.

The 2700x is a great CPU, but the fact it still only hits ~180-185CB when OC'd is a bit lacking.

For single threaded reasons, waiting 7-8 years to get only marginal performance improvement is just sad.

If you're doing highly threaded tasks, obviously Ryzen has merit there. But for single threaded tasks, it's kinda lacking.

Why retards in this thread still defending intel?
they literally selling an the same CPU without GPU with the same price.
Now this retards start moving the discussion to old CPUs just to safe their shitty embarrassing ass.

It's pretty telling that one of the few "arguments' they have left is
>b-but Intel was good in 2011!

Wait there is ZERO hyperthreading on any of the lower core counts? Lmao

But my point wasn't about relative clock speed, but per clock performance. Clock speed is the major limit here on Zen. Remove that shitty 14LPP node and we're in a different situation. Sandy cannot keep up in this regard.

As for the disappointment, Skylake isn't exactly on another planet for that matter either. Improvements have been marginal over the past couple of years. The major factor here against Zen is, again, clock speed. Per clock performance isn't much higher, the difference between Skylake(+++) and Zen is generally smaller than Zen to Sandy Bridge.

Hopefully TSMC's 7HPC will bump that limit up. AMD's CES demo against a 9900K looked promising.

and they still btfo any ayymd cpu in that range LMFAO

Hyperthreading is fundamentally broken and plagued by security vulnerability. It's a scam that they sell it at all.

>plagued by security vulnerability
which don't impact anyone but datacenters and cloud operators

so why should I care?

>air bags used in cars similar to my own are known for being defective and therefore, unsafe.
>lol it effects companies more than me and it's not MY car that's solely effected, who cares?

You're such a faggot holy shit.

Attached: 1539540866821.jpg (787x900, 276K)