So I bought a new laptop, and installing Win 7 on it is impossible, and decided to go with Win 10 LTSB N...

So I bought a new laptop, and installing Win 7 on it is impossible, and decided to go with Win 10 LTSB N, thinking it couldn't be that bad. And it isn't, totally, but there are SO many annoying little "features" that you have to manually correct for it to be a pleasurable experience that it's ridiculous, and you can't even fix some of them. Windows 10 fucking sucks and Microsoft fucking sucks for making it and forcing Windows 10 on everyone. I am very disgruntled.

Attached: 1.jpg (620x349, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398482-windows-7-x64-uefi-install-even-possible.html
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Which laptop is it? Maybe you can upgrade to 8.1

>Win 10 LTSB N
You know what you need to do. Just take the leap. It's tux time.

Attached: bill laugh.png (361x369, 136K)

Acer Nitro 5, how different is 8 compared to 7?

What is it impossible to get Windows 7? My sister gave me a laptop it’s a pavilion G7 and it has Windows 7 on it and I tried doing the free upgrade to Tatte and it sucked and I reverted back to Seven . I have a desktop with XP on the hard drive I would like to get a new drive I want want to use seven how can I do that?

This.

>how different is 8 compared to 7
Imagine Windows 10, but with a gay tablet interface that you can't really turn off.

This basically
sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398482-windows-7-x64-uefi-install-even-possible.html

Linox

I'm seriously considering linux, not gonna say what distro as to not cause console wars. How much performance is lost, if any, if I were to play some gaymes in a Win 7 VM? Some of the games I have work like shit on Wine/Proton

is a steaming pile of shit
next

Then what is the alternative?

Enable legacy shit in the bios. Also, you can download LSTC 2019 it has a few improvements over LTSB with night mode and shit.

No Legacy option

what
nigger i've had win7x64 installs on UEFI only systems

Then go with LTSC or go full 'nux my friend, Ubuntu is fantastic.

God, it's such an abomination
>Have to change options so I don't have to activate numpad every time I reboot
>Text in names is alligned to the left instead of being centered
>Can't move files or shortcuts on desktop to bottom row
>Have to change options so Win+R opens my computer instead of recent files or some shit
>Have to install additional software to fix blurry text in windows

I made a USB with rufus and it freezes on the startup logo

Win7 only supports UEFI specification 1.1 or older. I have only gotten Win7 to install in UEFI mode ONCE in my life.

8.1 embedded industry is the best option but pls dont tell everyone about it

>Win 10 LTSB N
why N over regular LTSC?

There's not much of a difference except some windows media stuff lacking

Just install fedora. It just werks

full thread of subhuman winshit10 cuckniggers and only 1 correct answer

Every new hardware supports win7.
You just need drivers for it.

You need drivers. Open up the iso and integrate them. I'll post an ISO with the universal drivers in an hour when I get to work

Bump for this for me too

Pretty big. Unless you were doing a PCI passthrough.

Here's the ISO
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck
Used DWIM to integrate drivers, you can do this yourself if you don't trust me.

UEFI was a mistake

Yeah, I know about the USB 3.0 drivers that have to be integrated, I used the official gigabyte tool, but it still doesn't work, it's not even about the drivers, Windows 7 can't be installed without a legacy/csm option in the BIOS

The only real option is to use PCIe passthrough for your graphics card, in which case the performance drop will be minimal as long as you have sufficient other resources for both the VM and host (CPU cores to give the VM, RAM). Obviously you also need 2 graphics cards at least, 1 for each OS (iGPUs can work for the host).

>Windows 7 can't be installed without a legacy/csm option in the BIOS
Zoomers are funny. For the record, I've installed Vista in UEFI mode. But watch out for - he's completely wrong about why it doesn't work (it's actually the boot graphics - easily disabled), but the effects are the same.

I heard ltsb/ltsc has issues with driver support, wifi dropping, Bluetooth support, issues when playing games and so on. Is this true? Or is it completely safe to install and use as my main system?

Use windows server 2019 and disable any """feature""" you want
or
Install Gentoo

It's not only usb3.0 drivers, it's uefi nvme drivers as well and a few Win 7 updates that needed for modern computers.

And how would one disable the boot graphics?

Has anyone had 10 delete steam games on a separate HDD?
>playing pirated copy of BFV
>crashes(did on first go) but still got through campaign
>restart it, crashes sooner
>uninstall it
>steam folder gone

Using a pirated copy of EaseUS data recovery to recover the larger games.

nobody uses 10, that your issue. Either go full Linux or Install win 8.1 or 7

bios option
either turn fast boot off iirc
or a boot logo option to turn off

newer cpus say nothing under 10
Is there a way to use 7 on an 8th gen cpu?

wanted to go linux, are the work arounds for Win games not too bad?

You can use XP on contemporary CPUs... Old kernels can't use new instructions but are otherwise fully compatible (ie you can't have "full performance" which usually means nothing)

No there isn't. Linux is a meme. Only insecure retards who have nothing better to do with their time bother with it.
>Using an OS that requires hours of configuration just to get to a usable state
Not to mention all the bullshit you have to go through just to get something simple to work, software incompatibility, instability, etc