Need advise to choose a new gpu

Hello, I will buy a new gpu very soon. I'm deciding between a gtx 1070 and gtx 1070ti. But my motherboard is an ASUS H170. Will it be a bottleneck for the gtx 1070ti?

Attached: msi-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-gaming-8g-tarjeta-de-video-nvidia-vr-D_NQ_NP_983119-MPE27008072034_032018-F. (800x600, 106K)

you should remove your cpu to ensure there's no bottleneck.

Why not wait for navi? I was pretty bummed out it wasn't at CES but going GTX right now is probably one of the worst mistakes you could make because either:
A.) Novidya is gimping GTX cards AGAIN
B.) Lack of full HW async compute is holding them back.

Attached: GIMPWORSE_VS_FINEWINE_0.jpg (744x736, 162K)

amd shills at work again

buy a 2060 you retard...

>I will buy a new gpu very soon
>wait for navi!
I like AMD as much as the next guy, but it doesn't look like navi's coming out for at least a couple of months.

Look man you're gonna be into deep buyers remorse. Vega 7 will be able to compete with the RTX 2080 and navi will do the same thing but for a lower price.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Attached: AMD-Radeon-Vega-VII-Gaming-Benchmarks-Official-660x1030.jpg (660x1030, 125K)

Alright man, your call. Hope you don't plan on upgrading to 4K gaymen in the near future.

I was thinking of that, but the 6 gb is a big let down for me. Despite having a better performance than the gtx 1070ti at 1440p, at 1080p the gtx 1070ti is still better. But I don't know if my motherboard will be a bottleneck for this card.

What cpu do you have in your motherboard? So as long as you have enough PCI-E lanes, you should be good.

2060 is your best deal just wait for it and buy asap

>buying a vega 7
>no benchmarks
> it's vega shit so tons of things dont run on it

What are you trying to use the GPU for, user? Im guessing you want to do some form of rendering or CUDA workload, in which case I think youll find these choices to be severely underpowered and a waste of money

I have a i7-6700, no k because of the motherboard.

buying 1070 / 1070 ti made sense a while ago if you could get it at discount

Now it makes zero sense, just wait for 2060 launch it will either drive down 1070 prices or be a strictly better purchase. At $350 starting it competes with the 70s but has extra features

1070ti is based, I don't know about your CPU though.
Also, I'm hyped for Navi, it's looking quite nice hardware wise, but nobody really knows how well the drivers will play, but whatever you do, don't waste your money on 20XX. 1070ti does the job fine and will for at least 3 years or longer.

Vega 56 with undervolt. I've seen them go for under 300 bucks. Faster and more efficient in terms of FPS per watt.

At 1080p? Depends if you're getting a GPU used or new.
>Used? 1070, or maybe a 1070 ti if it's below $325
>New? RTX 2060 is cheaper after Nvidia raised the 1070ti prices.

>1TB/s vRAM
>16GB of it too
>1.8GHz boost up from 1.5GHz from VEGA 64 so better CU performance all around even for shitty unoptimized vidya
Lack of CUDA does make it undesirable for some things, can't deny that.

>Vega 56
>buying vega

hahhahahahhaah

Have to see benchmarks and what prices it actually sells for. That being said RTX is only going to get more support and allows for more features from devs over time. We've already seen BFV support for RTX improve considerably.

It curb stomps a GTX 1080 now due to finewine in half the games out there.

Attached: 1080p.png (933x2222, 333K)

lel just kys already.

Wait for RTX 2060. Same performance as 1070 Ti, 350 USD.

Pretty sure Navi won't be any high end cards.

cherrypicking

That would be insanely retarded given how 7nm sillly cone will allow higher clocks and higher yields for the same CU size. If navi is even 10% higher perf and clocked at 1.8 Ghz then even a 40 CU chip with 8GB of cheap GDDR6X could be possible for around $400.

nvidia also has plans for TSMC 7nm and will have RTX features which will get more and more support

If half of the games due to driver updates perform better on vega 56 than on a GTX 1080 is that really cherry picking?

RTX "features" is a huge meme tho. Why settle for 1080p gaytracing (not actual ray tracing) when you could get 90 FPS for 4K VR when the next oculus kit is released?

Attached: 22730416.jpg (960x960, 262K)

"gaytracing"

opinion discarded

try it again without shitty low IQ shill memes

If you want to make an argument make it, but shilling like a retard is very lame and not worthy of a serious response

Whatever fagface, enjoy that 1spp "ray tracing".

It's more than ray tracing. It cuts huge amounts of work from game development to have ray tracing with denoising. The potential of it is huge but it just takes time for devs to actual target it.

I'd advise you to wait until the 15th. The 2060 is scheduled to come out then, and it will be $350 for the same performance as a 1070ti which is currently $500 new.

With the money you saved from the gpu, you could put it towards a cpu+mobo upgrade for a mid-tier zen3 in the future, (r5-3600 maybe) which will put you at a reasonably high end build for not much more than you would have spent buying a single 1070ti.

I understand wanting to build right this instant, but we're on the verge of the next gen of cpu/gpus so save a little more and wait a little more and you'll have a vastly superior build within your budget.

They're right tho. First gen raytracing is utter garbage. That's not unexpected, however, they had to start somewhere. Just means I'm not going to fall for the hype and don't consider it a serious option and look at GPUs for other factors instead. Give it a few years.

really depends

if you want a competitive fps game you are playing online? Probably not. If you are talking a SP experience? RTX is going to be pretty valuable for that case when you don't care about every last fps

Fuck off novideo shill. There is no reason to buy a 2060, 2070, or 2080. (There is also No reason to buy a "Radeon VII"). OP just get a 1070ti or vega 56 and undervolt it

>tons of things dont run on it
Like what? And don't you dare say RTX

>1070ti which is currently $500 new.
They're $330 new here in AMERIKA.

Radeon vii

If you're fucking smart, you'll keep away from all ASUS boards. The BIOS is always fucked up, and good luck updating the fucker. The customer service is trash, and if you DO need to pack it and send off, they will immediately accuse you of having bent pins. Go with anything but ASUS.

Homo spotted

Hey cool I have the 1080 version of that card.

Attached: 20190114_010545.jpg (2560x1440, 1.25M)

They were a few weeks ago. There are now definitely currently around $500.

motherboard won't be a problem. The bigger question is what CPU you have.

That CPU will do fine with a 1070ti.

>Why not wait for navi?
because OP is looking for a new GPU NOW

none of those are in OPs price-range

OP, here's some general advice: Make sure you look around before pulling the trigger. Locally the prices on both the Vega56 and the 1070 and the 1070ti are all over the place. If I were to pick a card last week then I'd totally buy the Vega56 which was on sale. This week it's not. Choosing between the 1070 and 1070ti today is easy, locally there's a 1070ti on sale cheaper than the cheapest 1070. You can probably save a lot if you spend 2 hours checking prices as many places as possible.

Isn't the RX580 right now half the price of a 1070 and equal performance? Except for housefire power draw ofc.

>numbers supplied by AMD
That sure is trustworthy

Attached: laughing coral.png (476x426, 189K)

Radeon V2

coping

Just got a 1070ti Titanium for $400

>Navi will compete with a 2080 at a lower price

Maybe in 2021 on Navi 3.0

Why is anything more than midrange gaming so trash right now?
>rtx one order of magnitude more expensive than gtx was
>vega is about 2 generations out of date
>gtx currently in the process of being gimped
I just want to spend $400 to upgrade for 1080p 144hz freesync, I'm not even asking for much

Attached: 1547217424708.png (680x471, 108K)

Then waitâ„¢ for the 3rd party benchmarks, dumb anime poster

God those avg perf increase is shit.
A undervolted 56 is less than half the price and almost as fast in most games
The fuck jesus christ ditch gcn already even 1800mhs core clock and 1gbps memory isn't helping just stop ffs

Gtx 1080 here I tested the gimp meme it's bullshit Tbqh I even tested the oldest drivers I could find for my 1080 and everything in between
It's just simply horse shit.
That said their was sole dud drivers back in the day and the rtx and pascal launch was a huge mess