Dead browser walking

How long until Firefox switches to Chromium?

Attached: 1547347242137.png (786x409, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.focus&hl=en_US
netrunner.cc/
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/roadmap
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mozilla is a fucking mess

Attached: 1547347342139.png (792x930, 126K)

Good points, but appealing to phoneposters is myopic and would lead to a worse web.

Can someone summarize the gist of what's going on here? I don't know most of these buzzwords.
If firefox goes to chromium too, we are FUCKED.
the botnet will have won, literally.

Firefox will switch to Chromium. It’s a matter of when, not if.

SAY IT AINT SO
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1542004110904.jpg (495x362, 19K)

>brandon eich
Stop being misogynistic you cis white male scum. Firefox is doing great, and would be better if it had more disabled black trans women

I assume OS is referring to FirefoxOS, that retarded mobile phone OS they spent a few years working on. Quantum is that big Firefox update that broke all the extensions. No idea what Quantum Flow or KaiOS is.
tl;dr: a lot of people seem bitter about Mozilla canning FirefoxOS even though it was dumb, a waste of resources, and DOA.

>KaiOS
Apparently Firefox OS was forked and became the 2nd most popular OS in India since they're too poor to even afford Android

It’s over. Chromium won. Pick your Chromium fork poison of choice. I’d go with ungoogled-chromium but it hasn’t been updated in ages. Looks I’ll have to get used to Brave.

how is brave any better than chromium?
isn't brave just forked off chromium with a bunch of their closed source junk thrown in?
why the ungoogled-chromium bros slacking? i'll donate if they get back to it.

github.com/brave

Firefox Focus already uses webkit/chrome.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.focus&hl=en_US

They just have to make that their mainline browser and retire the gecko version.

>ungoogled-chromium

no one wants to use a broken chrome clone apart from trannys and neckbeards that get off on using obscure software.

DownThemAll is coming any day now!

user I want to distance myself as much as possible from the botnet.
if that means just being shamed and slandered because of some other fuckheads who use it, then I will gladly use it. that is the least of my concern.

Attached: 1541895716341.png (352x390, 359K)

I thought that was just on iOS where they have to use Webkit because apple demands it.

which fucking web browser do we use when FireFox joins the Chrome side?

Fuck Chrome and fuck Edge

Gonna give Brave a try just because FireFox is a sinking SJW fatfuck ship

Get Marmaduke's built instead in woolys. It's ungoogled and it's updated recently (well a month ago though but still).

Safari

Attached: apple8.jpg (320x240, 19K)

>click on the Brave.exe installer
>"On your marks...." text shows up exactly how it does when you install Chrome

ffs

It looks exactly like Chrome wtf

Attached: 2019-01-14 06_28_07.png (1857x1746, 104K)

I use Firefox mostly because I like the UI better than Chrome's. I like how it does history better, and the urlbar, and the tabs, and the downloads UI and how it doesn't tie everything to my google account. If they could keep all that but use Blink instead of Gecko, I wouldn't be particularly perturbed.

You can't disable that triangle bullshit in urlbar btw. Well, you can but with adding command bullshit in your shortcut to disable the brave built-in-extensions.

it has chromecast feature built-in

That's a big yike for me. Back to Firefox...

how do i disable telemetry in firefox? ff fags always brag about it and im sick of chrome eating half my ram with three tabs open so im trying it but i don't see wtf these niggers were talking about

also what the fuck you firefox faggots told me this shit used less ram but it literally uses the almost the exact fucking same amount ass chrome whats the point

It actually uses more. What a joke.

you're not even kidding, exact same tabs open on both browsers and firefox fucks my computer up even more. i can't believe it bros......what do i have to do for a lean broswer bro......do i have to install lubuntu again bro, please no.....

Attached: bloatfox.jpg (904x343, 58K)

There's a whole bunch of settings you have to turn off. go read the ghacks user.js

Not any time soon. Servo development is probably one of the more functional things happening at Mozilla.

>ghacks user.js
why do all that work.....when its even slower bro....its so slow fuck i cant believe i installed it just for this........

I just started using opera and its really nice tbqh

Still a Chromium fork. Also closed source and owned by Chinese.

focus is switching to geckoview
that's why its size went from 5mb to 40

bro...im going back to chrome bro......almost a gb of ram.....woah

Attached: OHNONONONONONONO.jpg (1138x229, 34K)

How and when firefox started becoming shit?

>money maker
fucking jews

When Eich left.

Im a fuckin idiot so Im still gonna use that shit probably anyways lol

sweetie that homophobe had to go

So is there any browser left that isn't completely cucked? No botnets or prop shit allowed
No memes like lynx
>click on opera
>go off and make some tea
>say hi to the neighbors
>make lunch
>take out the trash
>celebrate my 81st birthday
>eat cake
>come back
>ah yes now it opens

Kek is it really that bad?

Vivaldi is better tbqh

I was using Firefox until the new version broke all the extensions I used, many such as VimFx which still haven't been fully replaced
now I just use the Iridium browser, sort of de-Googlefied but at least it's managed by more than one random person

Waterfox or any firefucks fork

>Waterfox
with as little contributors as it has its probably a zeroday-ridden mess. Don't get me wrong, firefox and chrome are too, but at least they have people looking into them.

India isn't a profitable market but companies flip over the 1 billion people. Yeah it's 1 billion people that have no money and pirate everything. Phones there come preloaded with tons of pirated music because they can't afford to spend data on pirating it

I think Jow Forums needs to stop whining and start a project developing a original browser

GNU Icecat.

If you're about to write an angry post about how you define that as a meme like lynx, well, then, you get to deal with all the shit Firefox does, and remember to set all the dozens of settings to turn off the telemetry and shit. Might wanna run ESR, they add new shit every update.

It's dead already to the enthusiast. Leftist ideology killed it. I think they'll just give up at some point. We have Brave now anyway.

Icecat is shit

>putting the rainbow-haired trannies in charge was a mistake
Wow. Who could have seen that coming?

what's wrong with it

Brave is based on Chromium too you fuck

All Chromium-based browsers have those same menus. Some try and hide it (like Vivaldi), but you can always access it directly via typing the address manually (and it's necessary to turn some things on/off in Vivaldi).

Is midori shit or nah?

Opera opens faster than any other Chromium fork on my system (R7 2700X using an SSD). No idea about poverty tier setups with mechanical drives. Opera is also perceptually faster when it comes to loading pages than any other Chromium fork and has the best out of the box UI and features.

Sadly, it's ruined by a lack of 1:1 extension support with Chromium. Important extensions that I use, such as Cookie Autodelete, just don't work on Opera, despite working in all other Chromium-based browsers.

It also regularly fails to properly load Jow Forums X and Stylus scripts when navigating to a site until you do a manual refresh. Again a problem unique to it. Maybe it's something to do with how/why it feels slightly more snappy when it comes to page loading.

Gecko is trash and chromium/blink/webkit are better in every way possible. It's even more copyleft (LGPL / MPL), so I'm not sure why don't freetards like it.

Let's just fucking forget about webshit.

Let's go back to bbs, ftp and a text based internet, when you want visual/audio media just get it. I had enough of this meme web app shit.

Attached: 8a4.jpg (316x202, 7K)

>heavily, enormously implying I compare it to chromium
>tremendously® implying I ever touch google

Attached: speechless.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

Based on quantum.

unused wam is wasted wam

t. gnome devs

>Vivaldi
but it's still fucking chromium.

Everything is Chromium now. This is the future you chose.

bro bro
bro bro
bro

I personally like Brave (way more than Vivaldi, as we speak of alternatives / chrome flavors) but people here say it break some sites, and it does break one for me, this very one. Well, to be honest insn't really Jow Forums but rather reCaptcha which makes the page lags to death / freeze.
Also find it nicer than chromium, don't know why. Maybe it's the orange logo, or something trivial like that.

>under //flags
>media-router
>off

This is the future nomalfags chose.
With all that "web 2.0 every site is an app" shit it simply became impossible for the independent party of nerd autismo to make a good browser from scratch, so the browser development consolidated massively.
In the end we only have two browsers left: firefox and chromium.
Mozzila slowly killed itself with SWJ bullshit and braindead decisions like "fuck old addons". Google also helped it die by shilling for chrome everywhere and doing other dirty tricks like paying 3d party devs for every chrome install. all these installers with "also install google chrome and make it my default browser" enabled by default. it worked very well because retards don't read shit but just spam "next".

lol no. It was going to shit before that. Eich was CTO when they were doing useless shit like FirefoxOS instead of boosting the browser.

But clearly you're not above using Chromium forks or you wouldn't know anything about Opera. And Opera opens faster than Vivaldi, for example. It's also more responsive in every way, including the UI (unsurprisingly, since Vivaldi's entire UI is a bloated web app). Either way, your previous assertion was complete bullshit.

Firefox needs a new organization. Mozilla is not capable anymore. Phoenix (and then Firefox) came from the ashes of Netscape. It can happen again.

addons was never used by normal users even on firefox. i have friends that use it and never get an adblocker. firefox got really popular when the other option was internet explorer and it was safer due to IE easily exposing the OS to malware from websites.

we're living a new era for the internet. everything tends to be a monopoly, so it makes sense that everyone goes chrome since other options are niche(safari for mac users, firefox for linux users and people with a minimum knowledge on computers). average people wont care, as long as things works.

Not gonna happened again.
It was possible 15 years ago, but not today.
We have a completely different environment.
Userbase also changed massively.
And Google controls the web, they will never let that happened.

100% this.
I saw the writing on the wall in the late 2000's when the install shenanigans started happening.
Everyone knew the only thing stopping firefox of the time from being king was that retards would use what ever was default no matter what, It did not matter how good an alternative browser was, nothing was beating IE. Google saw this and acted accordingly.

Everyone with a brain hated IE6 and rightly so, but I can't help but feel it had a good side, as by holding back the web it was also holding back browsers from going full retard with bloat.

Now here we are in a place where making a new browser that is intended to be serious is a complete non option unless you are a massive company, and even then it is a stretch. Browsers have reached the point of operating systems.

Autismo used addons, break addons -> autismo has no point to use/advocate your browser anymore.
>average people wont care, as long as things works.
Aren't it basically what i said?

qutebrowser, next-browser

literally already happened but work on it is slow
netrunner.cc/

agreed. I've already started playing videos in mpv. let's slim down web browsers and just make sure they work very well

>still beating this dead horse, years later
>doesn't even know what the scandal was about

spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

or just use icecat

Hopefully never, I don't want to use a Chromium based browser purely because of the shitty font rendering.

Brave is based on Chromium user but remains open-source. Any browser based on Chromium will look the same unless they take excessive steps to change when there really isn't reason to, I assume you can get addons to change the appearance anyway.

>not on non-apple platforms
>slowest security update flow
>no webm support
I love Safari but it's not an alternative to Chromium.

was thinking of switching to brave, what's broken about it? the last time i tried over a year ago lack of addon support was a deal breaker but now it has full support for chrome addons

>Servo development is probably one of the more functional things happening at Mozilla.

Attached: reindeer.jpg (915x610, 233K)

It blocks a lot of third party shit by default which breaks some things. Auto thread updating on Jow Forums, for example but I heard it's fixed in the latest dev build.

Fair enough, I think I'm still going to give it a go.

I'll probably switch to it full time once they hit the 1.0 milestone
github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/roadmap

> I'll probably switch to it full time once they hit the 1.0 milestone
> milestones
> the current year
t. shitlord

Attached: 1476916724958.jpg (590x421, 20K)

>brendan eich
the whiny faggot that created the javascript abomination and brave. that fucking cuck should just gtfo internet.

I want to believe.

Attached: 1501310186903.png (635x661, 198K)

>so I'm not sure why don't freetards like it.

because it's popular and it works.

Daily reminder that this is basically the only half way usable browser that uses a completely custom engine, meaning it's NOT a fork of WebKit, Blink, Gecko, or any other engine. It's totally independent and free of CIA nigger nonsense. It's extremely portable and runs on nearly any OS you can think of, Windows, MacOS, Linux, Solaris, IRIX, Haiku, AmigaOS, RiscOS, etc.

Attached: netsurf.png (2000x2000, 318K)

That's a lot of data to mine, user.

When the diversity kicked in.

I need me javascriptums, fren. Important site me use have it.

Attached: 1545271958797.jpg (1000x800, 78K)

In that case why tf even use it? Everyone will basically switch to ungoogled chromium.

Wow, there are an awful lot of Chrome shills in this thread. How much is Google paying you fuckers?

>Brave
>showed that privacy is important for users
What a retard. Brave only showed that shilling yourself to be a good privacy browser is what matters, which retards like him believe and start using the browser only to not do any research on it and find it "good enough because muh https everywhere and adblock" and find out that ultimately they care about speed than privacy.
Brave is years behind Firefox when it comes to privacy.

Attached: brave.png (1900x1322, 91K)