Whats the catch?

1440p
144hz
1m/s response time
IPS panel
$399

Why is this so cheap?

Attached: 24-011-278-V08.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eizo.com/products/coloredge/cg3145/
youtube.com/watch?v=79r5rxS276Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Acer

There's your answer

it's not ips

>acer
>tn
>1440p

what's wrong with Acer?

Apparently their monitors suck. I had one which had it's backlight fail within two years and my father had a number of Acers fail in other fashions, including flickering.

Yes it is

I haven't done business with acer since 2008.
I bought a monitor from circuit city going out of business
2 months later the monitor dies and just spergs out instead of working
contact acer for warranty
give serial number
>yes sirs we can see you warranty is valid sirs. we just need a receipt for purchase date.
tell them I don't have it anymore and circuit city no longer exists so I can't get a copy
>sorry sirs, nothing we can do for you
but they could see the monitor was under warranty. they told me it was
>ticket closed
fuck acer
I don't recommend them to anyone anymore
they could come out with realistic under the desk vacujack hentai edition and I would never consider their shit product
fuck those currey eating chinks

Whats wrong with 1440p?

>$399
>cheap
get a load of this non neet

>24 inch
>1440P
>probably the bottm of the barrel ips with awful backlight
>400$

I bought a 32" 4k panel with 92% Addobe RGB, 3000/1 contrast and +-1% backlight uniformity for 500$

But is it 144hz with a 1ms response time?

I imagine the back lighting is fucking trash

Can deny. Owner 27in 1440/144/ms and a 32in 2160/60, love both of them. Had some ghosting on the 27in, RMA dept sent me a replacement with never firmware installed, works fantastic.

Used the 1440/144 with XFX R9 390 8gb and it worked fantastic with the Freesync. Bought the 4k/60 when I upgraded to a 1080ti and it too works great, although the HDR is shit imo, all washed out and I just run it in SDR.

>muh gaymes
fuck off zoomer

So that's a no. :^)

based fizzbuzz freetard incel poster

>24"
>1440p
bad

also $400+tax isn't cheap

t. someone who has never tried using a high refresh rate monitor

Asus and Acer both use the same panels. Either way I've had 3 failed Asus MG279Q, 2 times lots of bad pixels and one time a broken joystick.

>1ms
>IPS
No.

>1m/s response time
>1 meter per second response time
That's not really fast but I guess quite ok for a monitor.

Dumb ass there is an ips model with 5ms and a TN for with 1ms. Fat nerd neet with a fat pimple splurging out right about now on your face. Ever thought how worthlessness you are? How fucking slow are you to google something?
>pic related of you getting triggered after this

Attached: E3B57C15-F188-484E-B1B4-4D1BF1A0C870.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

>1ms response time
>ips
yeah no

i can tell before looking it to that it can't be both 1ms response and IPS

>3000/1 contrast
VA-type?

Lots of IPS glow and backlight bleed
t. owned a cheap IPS monitor

Which one?

what is going on?
last few days there are 2-4 these threads daily

Is that true?
I'm getting more and more included to CRT technology lately

>1ms
>IPS

COPE

>there can't be no technological advancements

Who are you quoting?

Mines 3 years old now, 1440p, 144hz, IPS, G-Sync, and have had zero issues. Great monitor, best money I ever spent.

Because it's Acer. Had the same model because of the price, and a friend bought a different version 1080p/144hz I think. Both displays showed defects in literally under 2 weeks of getting delivered. I returned mine for another one because I thought oh well. Got delivered. A week later constant blackouts, the power supply is toast. Returned and got a cheap AOC one that I am very happy with. Fuck Acer and their "quality control".

>doesn't get refund because didn't keep receipt
>fuck everybody else but me
lmao get fukt

Sure, I'll bite. Can you name a purported 1ms IPS display currently available on the market?

It's not 1ms gtg like TN panels have. It's 4ms gtg or 1ms vbr.

no TN panel has 1ms g2g

TN garbage and LOL at 1440p at anything but 27"
the XB271HU is the best gaming monitor around at 1440p. The Asus one is horrifically assembled. Bigger bezels and more dud panels than Acer.

>gaming accessories
>2019
Time to grow up zoomer.

>IPS
Enjoy your afterimages, slow response times and backlight bleed.

VA better?

If you're an epic gamer that is bothered about refresh rates, just go TN. TN is objectively the best panel for gaming as it's the fastest. Its only downside is colour, but if you're an ebic gamer, colour isn't a concern. You can also just enable digital vibrance and it looks indifferent to IPS.

VA suffers from viewing angle dependent gamma drop and non-uniformity. (Similar to TN panels but not quite as bad)

TN displays aren't that expensive. I got a 240Hz 1080p display for $330. High refresh is a sight to behold.

so best to simply stare out the window?

>You can also just enable digital vibrance and it looks indifferent to IPS.
hahahahahahahaha youre out of your mind

if you are not a gamer tho?

What? Fucking autist. Only aspie pro gaymurs need 1/1000th ms response times and LOL at backlight bleed. You only hear of the ones who get shit panels, not the vast majority that get normal ones. Get bent TN fag

AMVA - the good VA
U3277PWQU

It's absolutely godsent for anybody who does things other than gaming occasionally

>not the vast majority that get normal ones
you mean the vast majority that doesn't care

Don't you mean input lag. Aren't refresh rates a nice user experience. I wouldn't know I'm still on 60hz.

Always go for IPS unless you're a gay pro gaymur. For regular use and gaming, just go with IPS. Infinitely better contrast, colors, sharpness and angles. I honestly got a fucking headache when I tried using a TN panel. It was like I had cataracts and blurry vision and basically it felt like I was looking at a muddy panel with foggy grey edges

Nothing other than it's not 4k.
The market is flooded with cheap 1440p high refresh panels that have g-sync/freesync. That's why the price is so low.

Show someone who's unaware the difference between IPS and TN and they'll see. I never thought anything of it until I tried TN and it was absolute garbage.

But what about VA

You get high refresh rates on IPS these days, just not 1/millionth of a nanosecond response times that some aspies can notice.

Show someone who's unaware backlight bleed and they say: aha, meh, who cares, whateva.

>The market is flooded with cheap 1440p high refresh panels that have g-sync/freesync.
really? I thought there's just 5 odd panels in the market; from Asus, Acer, AOC and maybe some other shit. And gsync tax is always expensive.

>Why is this so cheap?
Because it is 2019 and no one buys 1440p in 2019. Go from 1080 to 4k or just don't waste your money.

COPE

4K is a meme for desktop monitors.

exactly

Are there any actually good AMVA displays on the market? I was trying to buy one but came to the conclusion that they don't exist. Specifically, I need it to be 4K and wide gamut; and I also want a refresh rate better than 60 Hz if possible. (Or at the very least, no vsync lock)

The panel they use for this shit is at least 2 years old by now and it hasn't been updated

>Are there any actually good AMVA displays on the market?
Are there any actually good displays at all on the market?

Yes.
eizo.com/products/coloredge/cg3145/

price?

>IPS
I doubt any of their claims

~30,000

It's real. They effectively do per-pixel local dimming. (That's the reason it costs so much, there's no easy way to mass produce this display tech. Panasonic has something similar but it's similarly expensive)

All these bad comments about Acer makes me hesitate buying the Acer XB271HU. Is there any other similar monitor that's similar to it?

>cheap

Enjoy your 10 year old meme and also enjoy your shitty TN colours and angles
youtube.com/watch?v=79r5rxS276Y

but VA

Fucking ignore these comments, you hear some shit from a small, small, small minority of people online and now you think everything from Acer just falls apart the second you start using it? Fucking BABBY
buy the XB271HU or FUCK OFF, it's the best 1440p gaymur IPS monitor in existence.
>slimmer bezels than PG279Q
>better build
pic related is ayysus PG279Q, garbage piece of shit

Attached: 90987358_7FsQMa8.jpg (4160x3120, 1.06M)

>low quality pseudo ips for gaming

Attached: 1547342968388.jpg (686x737, 78K)

>1m/s
It's always a lie, even the best ones aren't actually 1m/s most are around 3-5 at best.

I've had both, preferred the Asus because it doesn't look like a product for a 13 year old.

lol found the babby
who cares, I just use a different stand for my XB271HU. The slimmer bezels alone is worth getting the Acer over the Gaysus.

You sure it's not TN with bad colors, glare, and viewing angles?

Personal experience is that you get what you pay for with Acer. My 1080p@144Hz TN from Acer is like 6bitfrc8bit and I got it on sale for like $120 a couple years ago. A steal but if I was ever upgrading I'd want way better colors. I like to check any display I want to buy on display specification.com.

It doesn't have HDR though.

there's maybe 3 now, but they're all made my AUOptronics. the 1440p144hz and 1440p165hz(oc) (pg279q for example) panels is what i remember but they've been out for 3+ years
underageb&

I have the one from nixeus with this au optronics panel. Its black levels are total dogshit and the response time is better tha your average decent ips like an ultrasharp but still nowhere near as good as a tn or crt. Shit still gets blurry when you move the camera fast. Still a decent compromise of high refreshrate, resolution , and okish colors. The only better display I had was this 2006 viewsonic pro crt that did 1920x1440 100hz. I am currently trying to repair it but it is a bitch to replace all those transistors.

>Why is this so cheap?
it's not 1ms g2g but 1ms VBR

Get a CRT

>these 4k shills
1440p 144hz > 4k 60hz

You've mistaken. 1440 is like 720, a stopgap on the way to better resolutions. With 8k panels for tvs hitting the marker in droves expect 8k monitor production to pick up as well. Just like no one purchased 720 in 2010, no one will buy 1440 in 2020.

It isn't bad but if you can spare a little more, get the Samsung FreeSync 2 QLED 27" 1440p 144hz ( not the 30 it has backlight issues) Thats the very best 1440p 144hz FreeSync type monitor around.

kek friend no one will buy cheapass monitors that are better than 1080p, that makes a lot of sense

>He thinks his 32" poopscreen with 60hz and 20ms response compares to 1440p 144hz 1ms

B
T
Fucking
O

HDR is a meme
just double the contrast when you're gaming, HDR will burn your eyes.
>32 brightness
>65 contrast
everything looks amazing.

Every resolution is a stopgap to a better one!

You can get Samsung for similar price specs

Even IPS monitors that cost +2000€ bleed and the blacks have that annoying shift, it's not purple like in the old IPS monitors it's more gray.

Well, everything bleeds but does it bleed more than a CRT monitor? CRTs have problems too like reflecting external light, so it's all a matter of which is the best tradeoff

Takes pictures of your tiny dick and sells it to japanese women

I had a professional LaCie CRT and the black levels on that monitor weren't that great but the contrast was miles better than any premium LCD monitor, not only that but all the grays were shown from the lightest to the darkest, this is something that plagues many LCD monitors. There's always something that is wrong with all monitor tech from input lag, refresh rate, black levels, grayscale, banding, viewing angles, dark colors shifting from viewing angle to viewing angle. I hope the micro led tech is finally the answer.

The lightest to the darkest is exactly why I'm getting interested in CRTs because I've figure out that my old CRT is the only monitor I have that allows me to see the extremes of the lightness levels, which I absolutely need to edit my photos