This kills the iToddler

>this kills the iToddler
post Satanias

Attached: ulus061489a21.jpg (720x657, 53K)

To be fair, 8P8C & RJ45 need to be taken behind the shed and disposed of.
They are overly clunky and have unshielded lines running in parallel for far too long inside the connector. It's honestly only via complete technical wizardry that UTP can (just barely) reach 10 Gb over any reasonable length.

If we lived in a better world, optical multimode would have already superceded Cat-5.

removing a port is stupid. but adding more mechanical point of failures is also stupid. the real solution is to stop treating technology like anorexic models. its okay to be thick

>any moving parts are automatically bad

Attached: image.jpg (842x699, 170K)

I like that. Pretty cool. I wish my entire computer was a transformer.

Okay, now this is epic

>we need to reduce connector side
>GUYS I KNOW WHY DON'T WE USE FIBER'S PETITE CONNECTORS

Attached: 1528828399936.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

iToddlers BTFO

Attached: 1547383267868.gif (500x491, 370K)

ITODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1544551971860.gif (403x500, 142K)

> every fiber connector has to be an SC/LC/etc.

genius.

i know that i definitely prefer the cable 10 times longer than it is girthy, especially when it has a bend radius limit before complete failure

>t. Never touched or seen a fiber cable (or a vagina)

>calling an ethernet port a LAN port

>autism

That looks super fragile

>2018
>not using ethernet over usb

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-06-15_at_1.30.36_PM.jpg (485x297, 22K)

Based

Dude just carry an adapter lmao

Attached: 1544817030881.png (590x529, 144K)

dude just use an ancient shit from 1970 that doesnt have the universal port

Yeah right. I totally forgot that ethernet nowadays has USB plugs and not RJ45, you massive retard.

I mean, you're carrying your laptop in a bag, why not just put an adapter in there too? Odds are you probably have the charging cable in the bag, which is easily 10 times larger than a usb-ethernet adapter.

that shit's gonna break so fast

Japanese computers are so great. All the little ports that they shove onto them make me drool.

Yes I could, but I would rather decrease the amount of carried clutter that you can forget instead of increasing it with newer devices.

>We reviewed your request and have determined repair of your Ethernet port is not covered under the warranty service agreement. Tripping over the cord is a user error. Our service department would be happy to perform the repair for a nominal fee plus shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

>Sincerely
>Anupur Devi
>Fujitsu customer service

Pretty sure someone tripping over your device is never covered by warranty retard

I don’t get those circular trackpads though. That’s just weird.

Attached: 37D93744-526A-4CDE-80EF-F0162B3EA07B.jpg (1280x960, 211K)

Less space for your palms to accidentally bump into it I guess. Works if you're used to high sensitivity, but doesn't seem worth it to me.

whoa, that's pretty cool. I bet it works well with pie menus.

>Throw it in the backpack
>Keep it there
>Buy one to keep at home if you're extra lazy
I mean, I'm all anti-dongles and all that, but you need to be flexible man

I've gone through all my life without dongle shit. Now all the cucked apple boys come out of the woodwork and insist it's not that bad.

Typical faggots

>backpack
Yeah no thanks.

Dell, X1 carbon, HP Spectre, all relevant laptops don't have it. And it's literally not that bad, you just went from
>Click, internet
To
>Click, click, internet
Stop making up problems

LMAO take your meds grampa

baste

Based

Stoooooooooooop

wireless is the future

please buy our dongles, sirs.

Attached: 1535487232263.png (813x1402, 370K)

>post Satanias
Sure thing, mate.

Attached: 1537788188026.webm (1902x1070, 2.83M)

>please buy our dongles, sirs.
this, it is very needful

God I want to insert my dongle into Satania

fucker, i am at work. kys

well, if you used MacOS you wouldn't have problems with NSFW webms

Attached: Screenshot 2019-01-14 at 12.58.53.png (756x490, 47K)

hes not wrong tho
*anyone* who's ever messed around with 'old' hardware, or buys repair devices or w/e could tell you right now, after a mere fucking glance at OP pic, the chances of that still being functional and in one piece a few years down the line are not 100%. Manufacturers also know this - its somewhere between inbuilt obsolescence and the fact they CGAF, as long as it makes it past warranty, or they have a reasonable chance of blaming the customer when that (inevitably) breks. The assumption on the thing is that the user is going to be on wireless 90%. When not? thats fuxored waiting to happen

"Our device is too thin" is just the excuse. Apple knows that if they include a solution like this one, their retarded consumers will manage to rip it off and even pull out part of the mainboard in less time than they can push new products out by their obsolescence plan.

You're welcome.

Fuck. I totally forgot that. Don't want to exclude our dear iToddlers.

Attached: 1532328797245.png (964x601, 323K)

Why did manufacturers turn away from docking stations? I used to have a work laptop that would plug in so easy to a dock and then I’d have all the goodies at my desk.

TRIPLE BASED

The newer thinkpads don't have those? Damn I wanted to buy one with a ducking station so I don't have to plug multiple cables each time I get to the desk

>posting 5 year old meme
HAHAHAHAHH XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD FUCK OFF APPLELLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

How does it work?
Didn't even know that was a thing

>lines running in parallel
>UTP
the "TP" is short for twisted pair, the lines aren't in parallel, that would cause too much interference, they're twisted, in pairs

Attached: sym_cat6__51677-twisted-pair-cabling.jpg (500x291, 16K)

COPE

do the needful sirs

They have them still. Unless you buy the e series povertypad

Are you a fucking retard?

Attached: 1493738006150.jpg (1222x1080, 155K)

Honestly speaking, at least in my region, the L series(Which are one tier higher) are cheaper than the E series (Intel). Only the AMD E series are insanely cheap, like around 60% of the price of an Intel E series.

Great, thinking of buying a T series so I guess I'm good then

My doctor has one of those laptops. I thought about asking him about the trackpad a few weeks ago, but forgot once we started talking about my 'beetus.

Sort of agree. Trying to go thinner at the cost of basic functions is stupid. It's a laptop, not a tablet. It's expected to have a certain thickness and certain basic functions that a tablet doesn't such as a full OS, normal ports, keys that you can feel clicking, etc. If you wanted to give all that up then you get a tablet instead.

I WANT TO HAVE S*X WITH THIS LAPTOP!

Attached: 9854.jpg (1000x750, 177K)

Read, mother fucker, are you capable?

He said they're parallel inside the connector, because, you know, they are...

Why not just carry a separate keyboard, display, battery, speaker, and wifi receiver. I prefer carrying a bag of parts a building my computer every time I have to use it.

The human nature is to push the frontier. We've long since passed the point of no return. Future laptops will be hinged tablets with fewer ports than actual 2 in 1's

Here there is a solid 300 euro difference between l and e.
E are still very good laptops but are missing some features like the meme thinkshutter ™ and the "docking station" is just a USB c thunderbolt device

That looks awfully over-engineered
My laptop has this (next to USB-C), it's a little tab that moves up and down. Works great.

Attached: acer-aspire-5-005-9f431b63729e3d0651298dd98248ea2df.jpg (1920x1239, 288K)

Sure, tell me how you'll get PoE over fibre and we'll take it.
Also, good luck with tight bends, hubs and the splicing.

>calling any rj45 jack an ethernet port

>How does it work?
It's superior macOS webm filtering technology...

Why not get a modular device where you can pick and choose the connectors on your own fucking self and replace them cheaply if they ever break?

Fuck the market. It's killing technology.

Newer Thinkpads use a USB-C docking station instead of the old port on the underside.

They literally unwind at the last possible moment if your engineer is in any way competent.
Low wage workers will unwind the twists ten centimeters from the termination, though.

Also, if shielding is really such an issue, how about something that isn't fucking UTP?

Wait i thought it was a content filter.
Safari doesn't show webm?

Overengineered crap. Most thin devices have a latch-like ethernet with one movable part, not six.

That's pretty cool.

SFP? That'd be neat.

I feel embarrassed for people who don't have a full sized RJ45 port on their laptop

Attached: IMG_20190114_133922.jpg (2048x986, 905K)

>Safari doesn't show webm?
No, it does. But all of them are shit, so they get filtered.

Sorry, don't know shit about fapple shit, what is this filtering all about? Apple censors content?

He's joking. Safari doesn't support webms in-browser.

>PoE
>splicing
and wtf your average Joe be needing to 'PoE' with a laptop? but, splicing, yeah, I'll grant you the need for that. My old granny was forever cutting 3 inches off the Cat5 and recrimping, just to keep it all nic n neet yo. And to be fair to whoever mentioned optical connectors in the first place, was probably meaning more like exsiting Audio optical connectors, no reason they dont for home networking, rather than dual SC, 3 miles of subsea cable and a Home $10k splicer, or whatever you retards want to use to jump on the idea

Have you people never even heard of POF? You can get ~5 mm bend radii and terminate it with a pair of scissors. It doesn't have a reach much longer than CAT-5 since it has a massive core cross section with a lot of modes allowed, but it doesn't need a 4-5W LDPC decoder on every receiver like 10GBASE-T, and it could be scaled beyond 10 Gb in the future with WDM.

AFAIK there is no current variant with a copper line pair for PoE, but adding optional pins to the connector/socket spec for that would not exactly be rocket science.

>tell me how you'll get PoE over fibre
with solar panels you fucking idiot

Apple is deep in bed with MPEG-LA, so no Apple software will ever decode any media files that aren't MPEG-LA containers or codecs.

>iTODDLERS BTFO
>based satania poster

Attached: Mostly+in+sweden+tho+_a47acbb1f1e89f1faa66e791c0c28ba0.jpg (588x823, 75K)

That is so fucking sexy holy shit.

looked it up
its a Fujitsu LIFEBOOK U904
>intlel 4200U
>dual core
>max clock 1.6-2.6GHz
>soldered ram
>SATA II
>2 x USB 3.0
>HDMI
>LAN
>Headphone/microphone combo jack
>SD Card slot
>14 inch laptop
>unbased shitty ultrabook meme
>no airflow
>trying to drive a 4k screen with integrated graphics
>$300 used

>Old dell e6400 from 2009
>Non meme ethernet port
>display port
>vga
>optional modem so you can meme that you're using a 256K modem
>optional webcam (based)
>optional internal mic (based)
>optional fingerprint reader
>built in rfid reader
>built in smart card reader
>optional upgradable WWAN card with built in sim card slot under battery
>sd card slot
>pcmcia slot for pcmcia slot reasons like usb 3 or dual sata 3 ports
>3 usb 2.0 ports
>1 usb 2.0/ESATA combo port (basically usb 3 speeds)
>separate headphone and mic jack
>SATA II
>SATA optical drive
>Firewire port for firewire port reasons
>great airflow because THICC
>Up to 12 cell battery
>WARNING INCOMING VERY BASED FEATURES
>optional NVIDIA QUADRO
>OPTIONAL INTEL ME DISABLE
>REPLACEABLE CPU
>NON SOLDERED RAM
>NO SHITTY ULTRABOOK MEME
>NO WIFI CARD BLACKLIST
>trackpoint
>blue status leds
>customizable rfkill switch
>customizable wifi button (actually just a button next to the rfkill switch with a connection symbol on it)
>one of those blindtyping helper plastic thinks on the delete button so you can actually use it
>CAN ACCESS ALL THE COMPONENTS WITH JUST 1 SCREW
>THAT MEANS RAM, CPU, GPU, COOLER, BIOS BATTERY, EVERYTHING
>ONLY $125
BUY DELL FOR FUCKS SAKE
BUY DELL PLEASE

Attached: dell e6400.png (474x492, 128K)

Pretty sure they will eventually support AV1 as an AOM member.

>he doesn't live in the age of dongles

Attached: 1544563592810.jpg (2304x4096, 821K)

Frustrates me that everything has to be so thin. If we had thicc laptops like in 2006 with modern tech, we could fit 102938 ports in it, multiple li-on batteries, the cd drive is deprecated so thats just more space for EVEN MORE BATTERY.
Jesus please just give me a laptop with so many batteries it lasts for weeks please please please

OK、今これはエピックです。

until the hinge breaks and your cable is bootstrapped taped in

Why the fuck is your laptop so crooked ?

>Jesus please just give me a laptop with so many batteries it lasts for weeks please please please
>Jesus replies: careful what you wish for, oh mortal one

Attached: 1_vyZi8eWwdOeWJt3xC28XsA[1].jpg (1600x900, 472K)

cringe

БAЗEД

>too thin for network port
if your head wasn't so thick, your system would be

I'm using a laptop that idles at 80c with 3 batteries. I have no fear.

I use an ethernet to usb 3 dongle

We're talking about real devices, not iToddler devices.