/dpt/ Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Last thread:

Attached: Drunk_Kobayashi_Python.png (640x362, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=idzZjThfEis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rust is cool

Comma code from automate the boring stuff with python. I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Attached: 1547031107789.jpg (5000x3634, 987K)

The modern woman has been absolutely ruined, completely deluded into believing that they are just as good as men.
>but they request massive handicaps to "prove it"
In reality none is equal and it would be an insult to assert otherwise
If everyone is equal, then;
>Einstein is equal to a bum
>Hitler is equal to a child

(n = n + 1) th for haskell!

Attached: 1546803893821.jpg (1920x1080, 273K)

JavaScript rocks!

Attached: javascript rocks.png (1000x494, 134K)

>voilating the sanctity of marriage
>sacred

that is your line?

How is this programming? Stop shitting up a second thread and return to your containment board.

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

/dpt/ was a mistake

Kek

>n = n + 1
in Haskell this is just
fix succ

>hur dur let's post our shit code and ask subject questions no one is going to answer instead of having interesting discussion

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

>marriage
>sacred

KEK! Ever heard of comcubines, dumbass? Marriage is a business. It's about pooling the resources of two families and ensuring it is propagated to descendants. Even kings recognized the need to have people around whose sole purpose is satisfying sexual needs. As long as it does not denigrate a woman's status as the wife of the man she'll be absolutely fine with it.

Almost fucking off by one errors! That would've deraiiled the thread for sure

there's no easy cure for cynicism

>>
Being negative gets you no where.

ye

Nothing much, looking into javaFX for a possible project.

Attached: 51UgjbiuPdL.jpg (500x492, 39K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 7.28.58 PM.png (1078x1586, 232K)

i want to fug kobayashi

"debating" incels is not interesting discussion

sex helps but we know they're not having any

can you fuck off already? i assume you're the anti-sexist idiot complaining in the last thread, you may even be the one who started this

Haskell has ruined Scala for me, is this common?

Attached: 1545482811700.jpg (500x500, 187K)

kys pedophile

>anti-sexist idiot
lmao

>loses argument
>immediately resorts to implying I can't get sex

Sex is all you have to offer, bitches. Were it not for your cunt, nobody'd give you the time of day. Go douche that hole, it reeks of vaginosis here.

Fuck off Tohru

>when you're walking along one day, trip over, hit your head and suddenly decide men and women should always be treated the same (for some rock- i mean for some reason)

I didn't, I accused you of cynicism. In fact I think they share a similar fault.

Didn't you see replie counter?

>tfw too brainlet for haskell
It's not f-fair user

Why do people say C++ is hard or slow to program in? It's pretty comfy in my opinion. I do high performance scientific computing so maybe I'm not seeing where other people run into issues just making physics sims.

>>loses argument
no argument was being had
people were just posting about how they hated women

keep trying, i didn't get it at first

It's modern C++ that sucks with all the features they put in that honestly aren't very well done

>decreases the amount of syntax required for common tasks
>ugh it's so much harder now

increases*

A networked, autoreplating b-tree key-value store running in a cluster of z80 micros. Is that an impressive Informatics thesis project?

I don't entirely disagree. Being rejected by something as disgusting as the modern woman is a big enough insult that it should be grounds for an honour killing.

uh huh
for(std::map::const_iterator iter = thing.begin(); iter != thing.end(); ++iter)
is just so much more succinct than
for(const auto& pair : thing)

>. Being rejected by something as disgusting as the modern woman
maybe that says you're worse than a modern woman

Problem with C++ is the new feature that is taken from different languages.

For example monad, lamda. Hashmap.

C++ dev expect you do know those.
You have been forced to either use it like black box or learning new language

these aren't entirely new problems, it's just that there are more cynics then usual (because they're raised to be so, and they see it in others)

BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in));

or parameter packs, would you prefer writing
template foo(T1)
template foo(T1, T2)
template foo(T1, T2, T3)
// etc.
or
template foo(T...)

LOL Java is so unbelievably retarded

>I like C++ but I don't like types
>I like C++ but I prefer Java

>>I like C++ but I don't like types
I like types but I also don't fetishize them so much I want to see them on literally every single line of code

No one likes writing those overly verbose explicit types especially in situations where as other languages have shown (and as newer versions of C++ have shown) you don't need to. Types are meant to help you.

well you gotta know

not even my final form
try(BufferedReader fins = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(new File(name)))) {

>try( . )
poojeet please review Java code guide by Ramijishu part 8

try(writing better code with less errors you dumbass)

the syntax is literally

try{

}catch(Exception e){

}

in EVERY single language. How do you even fuck this up?
Let me guess, all you do is meme on Jow Forums because you failed your first semester of babby programming?

Yeah, because the wetness level of a woman's disgusting cunt is the true measure of the value of a man. Right? Fucking seriously.

Your fucking horseshit has infiltrared even christian communities. I'm not kidding. They literally interpret the BIBLICAL COMMAND for the woman to give herself to her husband unconditionally as a "husbands should work to make their wives want them and when they do it is proof that he is a good christian and on the right path" kind of thing. They've literally made the wife's cunt into a thermometer for men's closeness to God himself. If she wants to fuck, it's because he's righteous and close to God. Seriously.

>Informatics
the word you were looking for is "computer science"

>she actually uses try
>she actually writes code that fails

Mate don't embarrass yourself. That is correct Java code.

yeah checking the man pages for those C error return values that differ for every function sure is a lot smoother

Why do I have to do list(reversed(list)) in order to print a reversed list but I can just use sorted(list) to print a sorted list?

just use moanads

>she

Sorry I didn't realize you were retarded

>Yeah, because the wetness level of a woman's disgusting cunt is the true measure of the value of a man
you tell me, you're the one seething because you can't get a woman

>print
???
also assuming python it's because sorted sorts in-place so the result is a list, but reversed returns a reverse iterator (""""generator"""")
iirc

reversed accepts and returns an iterator; sorted accepts and returns a list; list can be treated as an iterator, but iterator can't be treated as a list and has to be transformed into it using the list function.

What are best if else or try catch for error handling and prevention?

Because reversed returns an iterator that walks the given list from the end. It's useful if you have a huge list you want to walk backwards but if reversed created a new list then you'd have to store that huge list twice.
It doesn't make sense to have sorted be an iterator so it just returns a list.

if you're so invested in this status stuff, why not dox yourself? this is an anonymous website, we've no reason to believe you aren't some rando loser

informatik is different as it's a bit more "hands on" and thre's also a larger IT focus.

what?

i'm saying those sorts of posts don't hold water, since this is an anonymous imageboard

It also makes little sense for reversed to return an iterator.

The term you were looking for is "computer engineering".
Now I'm just being pedantic. Nice trips tho.

saying you're seething because you can't get a woman is common sense, it requires no proof of status on my part

Neither computer science, nor informatics nor computer engineering are strictly defined terms. Argueing over their semantics is literally brainlet tier

I... I explained why it's that way though.
But it does make little sense if you think of them as "things I can do to a list", because in reality they are different operations as described.

>informatik
youtube.com/watch?v=idzZjThfEis

>succint
please stop using this word i dont like reading it

Ask school counselor. They are paid to answer those question not sit on desk and drink coffe

It makes little sense for reversed to return iterator because you need a list to implement reversed.

Attached: firefox_2019-01-14_10-00-27.png (692x134, 11K)

maybe he's mad, maybe you're whipped

jesus christ that's some pretty 80s shit for a 2004 release

but will it get me featured in HN that's the real fuckin' question

such is futurepop

I sat in front of ADM terminals on Z-80 boxes for longer than I care to remember. Even today many small/embedded systems use serial consoles - think Arduinos and low end ARM SBCs. Servers also generally support serial today, either ordinary RS-232 (COM port) or via a BMC.

Attached: 1536155752108.jpg (768x480, 101K)

is that why akari(n) is so smug?

yes

good to know

Even if I told you I had a woman in my bed in this exact moment I doubt you'd believe me anyway. I told her to her face that marriage is a ridiculous idea and that it doesn't make sense in 2019. All she did was complain about my being disillusioned and her princess fantasies being shattered. Kek.

That's not the point, slut. The point is men are great even if women reject them. When asked to choose good men they send love letters to serial killers who murdered their own wives. Women should have their men chosen for them by their fathers. That's how you solve things. Suddenly, good men will be recognized and rewarded for their positive contributions to society. Nobody gives a fuck how she feels about him, her feelings are fleeting and worthelss and eventually she'll convince herself she likes him anyway. Sadly, this reality's but a pipe dream due to people like you.

I'm surprised another person here has heard of this shit, that's what I thought too

The fact that you believe in arranged marriages, complaining about men not being recognized, yet can get your own woman seems incongruent, and the idea that you think I'm an actual woman posting on the programming thread on Jow Forums is delusional
I've never seen a "good man" who's had trouble getting a woman

I don't get it.
class MyCounter:
def __init__(self, max_number):
self.max_number = max_number
self.current = 0
self.reverse = False

def __iter__(self):
return self

def __next__(self):
if self.reverse:
if self.current == 0:
raise StopIteration
self.current -= 1
return self.current
else:
if self.current == self.max_number:
raise StopIteration
self.current += 1
return self.current

def __reversed__(self):
self.reverse = True
self.current = self.max_number
return self

for i in MyCounter(5):
print(i, end=' ') # prints 1 2 3 4 5
print()

for i in reversed(MyCounter(5)):
print(i, end=' ') # prints 4 3 2 1 0

i've fucking said before you dumbasses this is an anonymous imageboard stop with this bullshit
either put up (dox yourself) or shut up

That's not reversing an iterator, that's producing a sequence in a given order. reversed() accepts a generic iterator, go ahead and implement that without using a list.

>either put up (dox yourself)
I've made no claims about myself

Actually never mind, looks like __reversed__ is a magic method and it actually makes sense to have reversed return an iterator then.

>__reversed__ is a magic method
and you faggots keep hating on java for being retarded