Manjaro safe space

what do YOU want, manajarofren?

discuss

Attached: 1547351995123.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

suicide

I'm thinking about installing arch on another machine I have
Is there any reason I should go for manjaro, antegros, artix etc over plain old arch?

respec from arch-kun :(

Attached: 1497177638801.jpg (740x960, 600K)

manjo, does a bunch of
/lazy/
[spoiler] shit 4 you [/spoiler]

manjaro's obviously not for you if you don't know what you want

not even manjaro fag/10

gib me pls

If your time is valuable

>Preconfigured to save time
>Easier installation of kernels and drivers
>Slightly more stable
>Easier installation
That's pretty much it

I'm just gonna pretend this isn't some shitty bait thread and jusk why?
Except for the 2 week update period and a graphic installer, I don't see what's even appealing to install this over genuine Arch.
Note that I'm not hating here, I still think that Manjaro is a very good babies first distro, but I don't why people stay longer than two months on it.

Attached: 1497831296267.jpg (400x315, 23K)

I love the Sonozaki twins.

I used manjaro openrc for about to years, then it was discontinued, switched to artix and eventually an update broke everything
It was fun ride, but I'm not using anything Arch based for now

Recently it has got kernels and Firefox updates before Arch

You've literally stated it yourself. It's like Fedora or Red Hat for people who actually have occupations to do instead of wasting their limited time tinkering with their operating system. An OS is ultimately your platform to work on things; not make it look nice. Manjarofrens just like some of the perks of being Arch-based (rolling, AUR, etc.).
You asked for it when you considered Artix a legitmate distribution.

I want Menda back. The new window frames suck, I switched to the old but all gtk apps showing billion warnings about style in logs when ran from terminal is annoying

Source?

So it's just the Manjaro flavours? I admit those are mostly legit, yet I can't give you point on Arch being a distro that needs constant tinkering after the initial setup. It may have been, when pacman hated xorg with it's soul, but given that Manjaro wouldn't be either if Arch still acted like this.

>Source?
I dont think there is a news article or anything about it, I just saw it happen and Arch fags were complaining on here for 12 hours until they caught up

So what you are saying is you made it up, good to know

Are you asking in an OS or ricing standpoint?

>babies first distro
[actual question] What do you do on other distros that manjaro/literally any thing else simply cannot handle? Are these brainlet distros really hindering your true potential? Would you use Manjaro and think "Wow I can't do X" where X is something actually useful and not some riceshit/micro optimisation? Share your secrets

Just install Gentoo.

Manjaro can only be saved if they bring back OpenRC.

Different user but for me it was about learning how stuff works, I can't learn that as well on Ubuntu as I can on Arch or Gentoo.
In terms of doing stuff that's "actually useful" there's no difference.

You'll just have to accept that the Arch (btw) crowd will shit on you for using Manjaro because you didn't have to do any of the hard work but it's up to you if you want to give 2 shits about it.

And yes, I do in fact use Artix GNU/Linux btw.

Attached: 1539397719214.png (640x480, 164K)