Budget is $1500. What laptop should I get?

What I’m looking for:

>2 in 1
>fast boot up time
>primarily used for Microsoft word, photoshop and torrents

What should I get?

Attached: 2FA7C4EC-C6FC-4529-9B2A-68A95FD7D782.jpg (992x558, 68K)

Bump

Just get a Thinkpad for 100 bucks

I don't know about Photoshop DESU but look into surface pro or surface laptops

Thinkpad X230 or T430.
Invest/put the remaining 1400 USD in the bank for your kids, you retard.

Whatever Best Buy is selling for $1500 this week.

Don't. The build quality is terrible. Literally Apple tier.

Thinkpad x1 the 2 in 1 version. Pretty sure it has an oled option. Heard it's nice.

It's WORSE

user get a Dell XPS, one of those 2-in-1 with pen and shit. (unless you don't photoshop for drawing, if so, get just a thinkpad)

Surface Pro. Also, install Gesturesign.

Macbook Pro (2018)

I have a surface pro i5 and the build quality is all but poor, I will admit to the fact it has no way of expanding or easily repairing it but that's a well know fact before buying one already.

Micro SD card.

>primarily used for Microsoft word
>what should I get?
a penis lock, assuming you don't already have one

whatever you do, don't get a gaming laptop
seriously
they're heave because of the cooling solution they need
and they flex a lot because they need to keep the cost down somehow
combine that and you will find your laptop failing pretty fast

>not use t61
Are you retarded?

cuck freetard lmao

What are you planning on doing with photoshop?
High end stuff with 50 layers and all sorts of crazy stuff? Just get a gaming laptop + 100 bucks drawnig tablet and USB
otherwise Surface is okay assuming of course, that you live in Yorup so the build quality isn't an issue since EU laws trump MS EULA about returning defective garbage

Lenovo Tthinkpad P50

chinkpad x1 extrememe

thinkpad x220 for 100 or less, replace hdd with ssd for around 100, increase ram to 8gb for 50 or so, install manjaro, replace screen with 1080p ips display for like 200 or so?

you will have a fast laptop that will last for years. buy a few batteries while you're at it. saved you 1000 dollars use it to overdose on your retard pills

Why do you want 2in1? I wanted one some time ago but then I realized none of 2in1's are actually a proper laptop (now there is Surface Book which looks okay) and very few are a proper tablet. If I were you I'd consider buying a separate graphics tablet.

what do thinkpad posters not understand about 2 in 1? Keep your 5kg cumstained bricks at home fags.
t. x1 carbon user

I'm still using a surface pro 4 for comfy stuff, the new models with quadcores should be good for your usage. the microsd slot is comfy as well, got a 512gb in there + 512 build in ssd.
screen is a little small though, a 14" 16:9 screen is the same height but wider.

There's a USB slot already

Get a new ThinkPad

>not USB C

what kind of logic is that
you'll still end up with an ancient cpu, only 8gb for 500$, how's that value
buy something powerful op, fucc these ghetto modded shite that isn't even more vfm than a discounted nice laptop with latest i7, 16gb, 500+ssd and 1050+gpu

XPS 13

This, I have both it and the 9575 2 in 1.

Don't go for touchscreen 4k, laptop battery lasts literally 11-13 hours without it

BUY DA WHITE ONE!!1!

Get a chromebook.

Autists immediately recommending Thinkpads with ancient CPUs because they don't read OP or never used Photoshop before.

I use Photoshop and Illustrator on my ThinkPad. Stfu

nobody says that you don't user
it's that latest cpus are miles ahead, incremental additions in power add up you know

libreboot an x200 and put arch on it. mine boots in a couple seconds. Instead of ms word use vim + latex and instead of photoshop use imagemagick

>1500$
Lmao what is your job user?

Attached: Siri031.jpg (1333x2000, 451K)

>having kids in 2019

>being a manchild

Laptops suck. Get a used business laptop and make better use of your cash.

If you dont need a lot of performance and dont need a sd card slot, then the HP elite x2 g3. Otherwise the xps 15 convertible or the dell precision 5530 2 in 1, which is the xps 15 convertible but with pro drivers.

15 used business class laptops.

>>fast boot up time
Why do you shut down your laptop instead of just closing the lid?

Get a desktop and your set I recommend you don't get a used tho

I was looking at the Lenovo Yoga 730 until i found out the battery life (6-5hours) was pretty abysmal. Might wait for the new Dell Insperons with the pens included?

I nearly got a Dell XPS around black friday, but i told myself "wait, it's silly to spend so much money on yourself before xmas, wait until the new year sales, i'm sure the offers will be just as good" and dammit, no decent new year sales.

I got an HP Spectre with an i7-8550U processor and nvidia 950M, and an SSD. It runs linux like a dream and boots really quickly. It also has an aluminum body which is really dope.
Though, there are many devices like the spectre that are trying to fill the macbook, and they're all pretty good (and much better than macbooks) so id say do your own research. I opted for the spectre because im autistic and looks matter a lot to me.

just buy a $1500 cpu. way more portable than a laptop.

To add on this: the battery life is really nice, and it has a 4k display.

I'm a bit wary about HP personally

Easy Mode:
Take the 1500 bucks and spend 500 on a refurbished laptop from staples.
> I got a refurb thinkpad x131 for 200 so you can probably do better than that, and its pretty rock solid and a rugged case model
> though, I dont care what people think of thinkpads, the touchpad absolutely sucks, I cant de-zone the right side of it
Take the other 1000 and save it away to buy 2 more of these years from now as they become obsolete or potentially die. If each computer lasts you 3-4 years then that 1500 will be able to buy you a 12 year computer.

> Word
get the 2007 or 2010 portable version off some /t/ related place.
> Photoshop
get photoshop 7 and you can do 90% of what modern photoshop does. For a memory footprint of like 125mb and a fraction of the other bloat and no subscription. Even as early as the CC series photoshop experienced significant bloat.
> tfw I tried out CS6 last year for a short time, and except for experiencing lag and taking almost 5 times as long to load, with a memory footprint of over 1 Gb... I noticed it only has a few more options to do things than PS7 had. Besides a prettier interface.

> /t/ related
Literally anything will work geez. Thats more of an ISP speed and VPN thing. Picked up a tip over there about something called "private internet access" vpn for 40 bucks (2 year plan). Private because they store no records, so every time they get subpoenas for info they throw their hands up and say they've got nothin.
Dont get HerPes... HP brand has fallen off the branch in the last 15 years.
Avoid Toshiba too, they released an update that literally fried extra ram a dude I know put in his, it was within spec but the update caused a change and it was just enough different that the ram became nonresponsive (he had like 32gb and it got knocked back down to 8 because of that).

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newyorkcomputerhelp.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F03%2Fnyc-refurbished-la (640x366, 37K)

He needs to be hibernating it rather than shutting it down. In which case if he wants that to be fast he needs fast ram and an SSD for the OS to sit on.
> 2400mhz ram and a low latency
cores for CPUs dont mean shit because, and ive watched Linus get ??? about it - processor cores are only delved into when the CPU is under extreme load for a delayed period. Reminds me abit of when your computer starts chugging at something and it takes awhile before the fan kicks into a higher gear.

And for shutting the lid I think I know what his issues or schemes might be. On mine for example ive set the lid to not do anything at all if I shut it. I dont want it doing standby when ive got active shit going on and I have to move the laptop somewhere.
And if im going to standby the laptop I might as well hibernate it because that means im going to be having it shut for over an hour.
And when it comes to turning it off, there's almost no reason to do that when I can hibernate it and pick up right where I left off.
> tldr - I never actually shut down my computer, I reboot it occasionally, but otherwise its always either On or Hibernating
And for Standby there's a problem that with my thinkpad touchpad it could register a click even though the lid is closed if it gets pressed or clamped together tightly enough, which will turn it on... in the cramped confines of a backpack.

Its not so much boot-up times, which yknow the bootup isnt actually finished even when the desktop appears. Its that ive gotta fking close all my programs.
Ive got session-sensitive tabs in my Opera browser that I need to keep in-session because otherwise their random seeds get reset, and I lose information or progress on shit.
> vim + latex
those are programming languages not word processors
personally I need something like MS Word with its ease of handling and straightforward approach, but with added functionality and rendering that InDesign has.

Attached: 1540075266950.jpg (312x239, 58K)

Is this thread just full of people who either feel "if it works for me it works for everyone" or jelly that someone has a budget over $300 for a laptop?

Based

>2400mhz ram and a low latency
Who are you quoting?!?!

>cores for CPUs dont mean shit because, and ive watched Linus get ??? about it - processor cores are only delved into when the CPU is under extreme load for a delayed period. Reminds me abit of when your computer starts chugging at something and it takes awhile before the fan kicks into a higher gear.

Wtf are you talking about? A CPU can jump to 100% utilization on all cores fast than you can blink.