>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>GTX 1070/Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti are standard choices
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: 1547459902040.jpg (450x338, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/W8pczY
rueducommerce.fr/produit/gigabyte-radeon-rx-vega-56-gaming-oc-8g-32857888/offre-131737925
topachat.com/pages/detail2_cat_est_micro_puis_rubrique_est_wgfx_pcie_puis_ref_est_in10116238.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/yDMHZR
pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/#sort=-rating&X=0,6054&c=33&W=0&R=5,4&page=1&H=14000000,165000000
pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#Z=16384002&sort=price&t=14&s=403000,403200
rentry.co/pcbg-more#graphics-cards-continued
pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/#m=14,71&p=1,2&e=6,5,4&sort=price&page=1
techadvisor.co.uk/review/ssd-hard-drives/samsung-860-evo-review-3670806/
pcpartpicker.com/list/2hdyr6
pcpartpicker.com/list/dkGpLJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/fGGyr6
amazon.com/Thermaltake-Versa-Computer-Chassis-CA-1D4-00S1NN-00/dp/B01CLIZ698/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are Kingston A400 SSDs really that shit?

Where are the feet?

Why is an SSD listed as mandatory when the boot times and loading times are only marginally better, and it's got a limited number of writable memory and it'll just fucking break down the line? Useless expensive gimmicky crap.

This is probably bait, but I'll play.
SSDs fail predictably and usually gracefully, unlike HDDs which just go belly up after a short period of warning signs.

pcpartpicker.com/list/W8pczY

I have no idea what I'm doing, I barely started looking up how to build a pc last night

Got my 1070ti Titanium, its time to GAYME ON

Attached: 11.jpg (707x953, 162K)

>MILITARY GRADE FOOSBALL

Attached: 22.jpg (1225x957, 269K)

For French and perhaps other Europeans: there's a sale going on on Gigabyte's Vega 56. 300€ plus "up to 3 games", which are the "usual" ones: Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 and The Division 2. Even without the games, it's a pretty decent deal considering we know little about 2060 prices. I'm hesitating to order one 2bh.

t. 1060 6GB owner and 1080p/60FPS peasant

>rueducommerce.fr/produit/gigabyte-radeon-rx-vega-56-gaming-oc-8g-32857888/offre-131737925
>topachat.com/pages/detail2_cat_est_micro_puis_rubrique_est_wgfx_pcie_puis_ref_est_in10116238.html

Attached: firefox_2019-01-14_11-46-00.png (952x548, 75K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/yDMHZR

I'm looking to build a portable PC that I can bring to my local fighting game scene. I'd mainly be playing Rev2, fightcade stuff and emulation on this computer. Nothing else.

Any suggestions are welcome as this is my first intel build. I'd really like to keep the Silverstone case since it's quite small and portable. The GPU is an old one I have that I'm gonna see if it fits but if you have a better/cheap GPU, then I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

The CPU cooler is way more powerful than what you need for Ryzen. Get a thick air cooler instead, but make sure it fits your case. In your case the H500 apparently has a maximum height for CPU coolers of 165 mm.
pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/#sort=-rating&X=0,6054&c=33&W=0&R=5,4&page=1&H=14000000,165000000

The RAM is kinda bad, as the OP says 3000 MHz CL15 is usually the sweet spot.
pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#Z=16384002&sort=price&t=14&s=403000,403200

As for the GPU, it's a model warned against in the OP.
rentry.co/pcbg-more#graphics-cards-continued
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie [...] Gigabyte Wf, [...], and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
>To expand on this, many cards are basically meant to die soon after their warranty expires. Heat can kill components on the card besides the GPU itself. So not only are poor quality coolers louder, they will typically have a worse longevity.
I don't know how true it is myself, but you should probably look at some reviews for that particular model.

The PSU is also more powerful than you need, but it's a good price so it doesn't matter. I think the G2 and G3 series are newer, and the same price, so consider those as well. pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/#m=14,71&p=1,2&e=6,5,4&sort=price&page=1

>limited writable memory
Literally not a problem unless you're witing terabytes to it daily or "defragging" it like an idiot
Mine are 6 years old and still under 20 tb written.

>Any suggestions are welcome as this is my first intel build
Buy AMD, cheaper for the same performances as a 8400. Especially since you'll be locked at 60FPS anyway. Hell, I'm almost sure you could even get a cheaper GPU since fighting games aren't exactly expensive in resources.

>GPU
I meant CPU, silly me.

What kind of monitor do you use? 1080p, 1440p, 60Hz, 120Hz? Then we'll figure out.

imo the wf gtx 1070 is fine. By the time it dies, nvidia and amd would have move on to 7nm gpus already which will have much higher perf/w

What's a good Ryzen to get if I wanted to get an AM4 board now and wait for Ryzen 3000? I'd want single threaded performance equal to at least Haswell (i7 4790).

They're DRAM-less so performance and reliability isn't as great as other drives. It's also probably the model they cheap out on most since they don't list any specific components so they can easily substitute in even cheaper NAND and controllers without notice. It's okay as a secondary drive, but get something better for your OS.

Is the 860 Evo good enough? How many TBs can it endure before collapsing?

>4c/8t
Too bad it's the locked version. That said, just keep it, summer isn't that far away.

techadvisor.co.uk/review/ssd-hard-drives/samsung-860-evo-review-3670806/

You'll die before the drive does

pcpartpicker.com/list/2hdyr6

Home office PC to support 3 displays, expected life ~10 years.

-AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
>Cheapest gen2 ryzen cpu, should remain capable for years

-ASUS B450-PLUS Motherboard
>USB-3.1+C, M.2, 4 dimm slots, VRM heatsinks are a plus

-Corsair LPX 8(2x4)GB DDR4 2400
>Cheap dual channel ddr4 with room for expansion

-Samsung 970 EVO 250gb m.2 ssd
>Well priced m.2 ssd, can add 3.5" drive for storage as needed

-EVGA GTX 1050 2GB
>Cheap gpu to support 3 1080p displays

-Bitfenix Nova ATX
>Simple design, front usb 3.0, solid top panel is a plus

-Corsair CX 450M
>80+ Bronze, semi-modular, probably won't explode.

-ASUS DRW-24B1ST
>Cheap but effective dvd burner

Any recommended adjustments?

Attached: List.jpg (1146x771, 143K)

Any suggestions for an AMD CPU then? I was gonna try an i5 since I always heard how better intel was during that era, plus I'm not paying i7 prices for something I'm only gonna use twice a week. I have an FX-8350 in my older build, but as far as I know there are currently no mini itx boards for it. I really wish I could find another case that's identical to thatSilverstone one, It's perfect.

I'm salvaging my old build's SSD, GPU and potentially ram for this portable PC.

>Any suggestions for an AMD CPU then?
R5 2600 with a MSI B450I Gaming Plus motherboard.

>and potentially ram
Try to OC it. Although it shouldn't matter a whole lot since you're not trying to achieve optimal performance, AMD likes faster RAM. You need it to be at least 2666MHz however.

Check ram prices, 3000 or 3200 sets are so close there's no reason to not go faster.

Thank you.

Is 3600 C16 ram worth it for $180? Or should I cheap out and get 3000 C16 for $100?

Will be pairing it with a 2700x and 2080.

Newb here, i had to up the voltage and enable xmp to get my ddr 4 ram running at 3200 instead of 2400 as it was running.
Just wondering if i need to do something similar to my i7 9700k or gpu? How do i know if my pc is running as it should be etc.

I built my first PC and it runs fine (for the most part) except that there are hiccups occurring every now and then where everything becomes unresponsive, it's a little bit frustrating and I'm wondering if anyone has come across similar problems.
I'm running Ryzen 5 2600, RX580, 16gb RAM with windows 10.

Are you using Windows 10 on a hard disk or an SSD?
Windows 10 likes to abuse your drive.
If not that, scan your RAM for errors - memtest86 and Prime95 is good for that, I hear.

It's on an SSD. I will scan my RAM now and see if anything pops up.

What site doyou use to get a second hand gpu? Just ebay?

pcpartpicker.com/list/dkGpLJ

I changed some stuff, but I'm still not sure if it's better

Ryzen chokes on slow ram.

im having massive trouble trying to dig up on plausible PSUs for an mini ITX that will primarily be used for games
im looking to get a Fractal Design NODE 202 case as space is an issue for me and finding a mini-ITX to fit an AM4 CPU for my R7 2700X and RX 460 (no overclock on either) is easy enough but im currently running a Corsair RM1000x which wont fit by miles and 800+ watt PSUs in the SFX region are all SFX-L from what i found which im worried wont fit into the NODE 202
RAM, fans and the motherboard can all be rebrought to fit but i just cant find any PSUs capable of fitting enough power for it in such a small space
anyone might be able to help me out?

Attached: nyQJZmp.jpg (4032x3024, 794K)

What motherboards support Ryzen 3 2220G out of the box?
>pic unrelated

Attached: lego.jpg (450x450, 18K)

Got my 2080 in the mail over the weekend. Not as quiet and cool as my 1070, unfortunate, but that's to be expected with the large increase in power draw. I feel like heat output of these cards largely gets glossed over in any discussion about them. If Vega VII runs at 300W+ it's really going to heat up a room if this 225W card is anything to go by.

A Ryzen 2700 won't offer much benefit over a 2600X if you just want to play games.
Don't pay that much for a 1070. I'd rather take my chances on the 300 dollar Gigabyte Windforce, spend max. 350 for a better 1070 slightly more for a Vega 56.
You could also Wait(tm) for the RTX 2060, which is entirely a sidegrade to the 1070, also costing around 350 USD.

Hi Jow Forumsuise
can anyone tell me how i can make my own PC case from some metal sheets that I have, please

Would I need to buy a press and bench drills etc?
Is it possible to hire space in a factory?

look it up on pcpartpicker dumbass

Would there be any benefit to getting a 2060 over a 1070?

best ram to pair with a ryzen 2600x and a asrock taichi x470? thinking about two 8gb corsair vengeance rgb (CMR16GX4M2C3200C16)

pcpartpicker.com/list/fGGyr6

The 2060 is about on par with the 1070 Ti, so it's slightly stronger than the 1070. The 1070 has more VRAM, but for 1080p the difference won't matter.
In addition to this, it's newer meaning it will be longer before Nvidia's (((drivers))) nerf your performance.

RTX and DLSS are cool things to have, even if they're a meme rn.

I finished RAM testing using memtest86 and windows diagnostics.
Nothing out of the ordinary, any other suggestions ?

I'm seeing it on par with the 1080, trading blows. I have the 1080 so I'm kinda mad about this.

A shady Chinese guy I know sells them to me, just 1-3 month old stuff, for 40-50% off MRP. They have their stickers and stuff and everything, practically brand new. I get legit invoices too, and transferable warranty. No idea how he does it.

It's Windows 10 at fault, I couldn't pinpoint the reason behind stutters on my system but on 8.1 and 7 it never stutters.

liars
2060 beats the 1070, not the 1080 or 1070ti. Why would jewvidia release a 1080 killer when the 2070 exists?

>poozen
>2400 ram
lmao no

I see, I will eventually switch OS then.

I didn't say it beats the 1070 Ti, I said it was about on par with it. That's what Nvidia claim themselves.

What's the difference between WD Red Pro and WD Black drives?

are you color blind?

They claimed a lot of things that was just false, fuck them.

I'm attempting to under volt for the first time (rx 590)

Lets say I want to lower by 50 or 100 volts. Am I supposed to lower by that value on all of the sliders or just the state max?

Attached: gjghjgjhj.png (1939x731, 148K)

>Lets say I want to lower by 50 or 100 volts

You should stick to a guide if you have no clue user.

Attached: 1387661044762.jpg (720x547, 95K)

o-ok

What's the correct combination?

Attached: Configuration_question.png (1094x1006, 575K)

from top to bottom
>dvd drive
>card reader
>accessory slot

What are some tempered glass cases that don't have tint on the glass?

You don't need anything near 800 watts.

I'd go with BDC OR DBC. You don't want anything in the way (cables hanging down from the USB port) of the lower drawers, because then you can't open them easily. Thus, the card reader always goes on the bottom.

I have a 1200euro budget and want to reuse my old case, phantek enthoo pro. I am not brand loyal, but want something midrange. What should I get? I do mostly gaming so I think the ryzen 2600x is pretty decent. An SSD and HDD both would also be nice. Don't think I can wait for a ryzen 3000, unless it comes out soon, otherwise I can just have an AM4 compatible board, and it would be fine.

i5 8400 or 9400 will beat it pretty badly in gaming

>pretty badly
Yeah by like 1-3% in a couple of CPU heavy games if you have a 2080ti.
Ouch indeed.

better/cheaper case: amazon.com/Thermaltake-Versa-Computer-Chassis-CA-1D4-00S1NN-00/dp/B01CLIZ698/

get 2600 ram

If I am planning on getting 32 gigs of ram should i get 4x 8gb or 2x 16gb?

I want to make a new home seed NAS and have most of the parts. Mini-ITX mobo with new 10W TDP processor, 4 hard drives and every thing else.
To save a SATA slot, can I use a USB 3.1 Gen1 port and stick to run the OS 24/7? How big should the USB be? Is Windows 10 overkill?

What is the likelyhood of this Acer XB271HU supporting G-sync after future Nvidia driver updates?
I'd buy a 1440p 27" IPS G-sync certified monitor but those things are almost twice as expensive.

Attached: acer freesync.jpg (1500x1442, 103K)

My PC is about five years old, which would be better: upgrading it with various parts or just building a completely new rig? IIRC the motherboard is some MSI one and I think the cpu is a quad core phenom II which I think has 3.4 ghz. I'm assuming it would be cheaper to build a completely new PC that would have better performance anyways.

The driver comes out tomorrow. Ask around then maybe someone who has it can tell you.

gpu is a radeon 6870

I don't have the budget for that most likely.
Also, they OP says that the monitor is important, but I'm using some old TN model; how exactly does it matter?

Better to build a new rig. A cheap Ryzen would run circles around your Phenom II and won't be missing instruction sets.

If this G-sync implementation will be as horrible as the Ray tracing implementation. then I'd rather buy a Vega.

It's cheaper than the Ryzen retard

It's a VESA DisplayPort standard they're implementing, shouldn't be TOO much room to fuck it up.

I'm thinking about upgrading to 9700K but picking a motherboard is quite daunting.

I only need an ethernet port, some usb ports and oc headroom. Are cheaper boards to be avoided?

Depends where you live, costs a little more than a 2600x here. Also slower in everything that isn't gaymes. Also the equivalent motherboard is more expensive. Oh, and it's a dead end socket.

Merci connard

It's Nvidia, so you can never really know

An b360 board is cheap as dirt. He says he wants it for games. What's wrong with you people?

Aucun souci enfoiré.

That said, heard that latest vBIOS on this card uses default frequencies instead of OC'd ones due to thermal issues. The card still runs circles around anything new at 300€ regardless, but it's pretty annoying.

Budget PC, 2019 gaming PC or powerfull content creation workstation?

>I'm using some old TN model; how exactly does it matter?
Basically, if you have a 1080p 60Hz monitor, you're aiming to create a rig that will give you 1080p/60FPS, so on and so forth. Unless you plan to change your monitor that is.

Gaming PC. I plan on pairing a 2080 with it.

Can't even get the 9400 here, and the 2600x is only 7eur morr expensive; I'm gonna go for that, plus, if I decide to upgrade, I don't have to change mobos. So now I have about 1000 for the other parts. Which GPU should I get?

Doesn't matter you're going to get AMD anyways.

et tu, brutus? je suis desole

>Which GPU should I get?
What monitor do you have?

>Want help?

I've an Intel G4560 with a 1060 6gb, planning to switch it for a R3 2200g with the same GPU.
Is the change worth it? I'm more of a gaming guy and right now I'm playing Monster Hunter World, point is that no matter what graphical settings and resolution I set, the FPS are exactly the same.
Thinking a 2200G could help changing the bottleneck G4560 is causing.
I also want to use the PS3 emu.(RPCS3) to play Persona 5. With my current setting I get 9-15 FPS.
My current budget is $200 but everything in my country is at least 40% added price to any component.

Opinions on itx in general? Is it advisable?

meme

?
An older 144 one. Don't think it has any gsync or anything.

>An older 144 one
Probably one of the cases where I'd advise going for an Intel build based on at least a 8700K. Disregard anything from Intel below that one.

You didn't mention the definition of your monitor.

Acer Predator XB271HUA is a TN panel with 1ms response time.
Acer Predator XB271HU is a IPS with 4ms response time plus $200 more expensive.
Which is better?

I found it, it's the vg248qe.

Only if you travel a lot with your rig and you need desktop performance in a small form factor. Otherwise you're spending more, the build process is harder, and they heat up more.