WINBLOWS 7 SUPPORT ENDS NEXT YEAR, JAN 14, 2020, ONE YEAR FROM NOW

WINBLOWS 7 SUPPORT ENDS NEXT YEAR, JAN 14, 2020, ONE YEAR FROM NOW

WHAT WILL THE WINBLOWS 7 CUC_KS DO AND HOW WILL THEY COPE?

Attached: Windows_7_SP1_screenshot.png (480x360, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2018/09/06/helping-customers-shift-to-a-modern-desktop/
howtogeek.com/400783/windows-7-only-has-one-year-of-security-patches-left/
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing, no amount of shilling is going to make me switch.
MS is not gonna take 7GBs of my HDD for fucking updates.

Oh no my Windows with disabled updates won't get new updates what will I do???

I'll just keep using Win7.
Not like it magically stops working overnight, nor will it really effectively be any less secure then it already is. Most all "security" patches are issues found by Microsoft and were never out in the wild. Just don't execute code from untrusted places, not that fucking hard.

8.1 with classic she'll is good until 2023

idk man, I don't have 2020 vision

Install Gentoo

you know very well what is going to happen

Attached: download.png (390x129, 4K)

why do retards think this means you can't still use the OS until you want? You can even use XP if you want. Hell, I browsed Jow Forums with a Win 98 machine I still have here

Actually, support ends in 2023.

No, faggot, it's 2020

2023 is for Winblows 8.1

microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2018/09/06/helping-customers-shift-to-a-modern-desktop/

try to keep up, shithead

Only if you pay for it lmao

>implying MS can stop the patches from leaking

ONLY FOR ENTERPRISES, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

Honestly, I'd like to put 8 on my laptop since it ran better, but I don't know if they ever fixed the problems with the tablet laptops that used a pen.

They removed the little tab that would pop out when you clicked on some input field like it is on 7 somewhere along the way of the beta versions, and basically made it shit to use with a pen.

Attached: snap0003.gif (1280x720, 405K)

I am still using Windows XP so I don't give a flying fuck.

Not too sure, it may just be a different method. It would require googling.

I see Microcenter is stilling selling reconditioned HP/Dell Core 2 Duo and Core 4 Quad desktops.

Wonder what they'll install on them when 7's gone? Can't install W10 on them because no USB or iGPU drivers.

>updating

Attached: superlative laugh.jpg (517x768, 331K)

What if I don't want to switch you absolute faggot? I will stay with windows 7 until I die.

Attached: CalSeethingOct30Trumpkin.jpg (583x583, 68K)

I know someone that got a refurb that I think has a core2duo in it and it's got 10 in it. Fine for their simple normie uses but that's prob just what'll happen.

YEAR OF THE REFURBISHED LINUX DESKTOP

I got a free old imac from like 07-09 around there that I've been trying linux out on so I guess it'll help me learn stuff for the inevitable transition in the future, since really doesn't seem like any other option for the future. We gotta save perfectly good old computers can I run modern games on it? No, shit's even older than my desktop that I normal use with an 2500k in it. But it's pretty good for simple browsing and stuff especially when my main has a game or something full screen and can't run anything else, I can switch over to the other computer while the game's paused.

>hardware and software vendors dropping support

Attached: stallmanu.jpg (275x183, 6K)

That's what they all say.

why would i give a fuck about support ending if i never update windows anyways

see

It works on my machine.

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 696K)

if you arent using NetBSD by now you deserve whatever bullshit microsoft feeds you

What's it like to be part of a botnet

People who know that windows 10 LTSC/LTSB exist but use 7 instead are retarded

Is all the bloat and spyware gone?

yes but with the caveat that you can't upgrade to another LTSC/LTSB version as they are released, so that means complete reinstall every 1-3 years depending on what you want

also some software might stop working as updates get released, I read of Adobe Reader not working on the original LTSC anymore even though it's still supported by Microsoft (10 year support afair)

even though these are better than regular "pro" windows 10, 7 is yet more stable.

I still use windows XP on my Latitude D830 and it works just fine. For anyone who might be looking for an up to date, and secure web browser for Windows XP, I highly recommend any browser fork by Roytam1 over on the MSFN forums. His Pale Moon fork is breddy gud.

this is what i did over two years ago
i'm never looking back

turn updates on for it for the first time ever
turn them back off when it's done

keep browsing living my life

how is this any different than XP?

>not writing or modifying your own drivers to work
plebian, i bet you can't even get a windows xp radeon driver to initialize under windows 98

AMD might stop making Windows 7 drivers and they don't have native 8.1 drivers so you have to install the Win 7 ones. Hopefully there will be a way to make 10 drivers work on 8.1, but I'm pretty worried about that situation. Or hopefully I'll be a Linux wizard by then.

I need to use Windows for Photoshop, should I use Windows 8.1 or 10?

Attached: 43d668149da91cfcf231a9da7c4a585d.png (736x1000, 278K)

update to Windows 8.1
I've had this plan on the backburner for years.

This thread brought to you by salty Win10 pajeet shills.

This

should have been /thread

can you just stick with one version and still get security updates? or will you always have to be on current ltsb

8.1 with classic shell
Its always the same answer

>change one entry in the registry
>get updates until 2023
nothin personnel kid

Who cares? Chances are if you wanted to "upgrade" to Windows 8+ or Ten you've done it by now. If you ain't then you know full well what your getting into. Just case the EOL date comes and goes does not mean the OS just stops working. Fuck no, you can keep right now using it. Long as my browser still works/gets updates and long as my Antivirus software gets updates I'm good with 7 for a long long time yet. All my "applications" I use predate Windows 7. Never bothered to upgrade any of them cause fuck they just work. So much less hassle to, with the way they got the "cloud" bullshit baked into everything now.

>What's it like to be part of a botnet
At least Windows 7 is the lesser evil. And far more stable than Windows 10.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Upgrade shills get thoroughly fucked.

obviously, nobody is going to update to win10 (retarded people doesnt count).
but real question is, how we can install win7 to new and fancy UEFI systems? my gf just bouth new asus laptop, when I tried to install win7 it just before 'select hdd where to install'. we need some king of guide or something.

>"windows LGBT edition is good man"
>still bloated and still with shitty UI
nah, thanks

true

Install it to the disk before booting maybe? There's always a way around it. Stick the UEFI loader from 8 onto a 7 install disk?

I didn't update Windows 7 since 2016 so i don't know why i should give a fuck about your irrelevant news OP.

There's an entire community dedicated towards writing drivers for backwards compatibility so what the fuck are you on about?
Windows 7 is only used by gaymers who want to play old video games.
Windows 10 is irrelevant since developers now by the vast majority release both MacOS and Linux compatible products and Windows 10 exclusivity is rare and will continue being even rarer since people would rather move to Ubuntu than have their work ruined by Windows 10 retardation.

notOP but yeah it's a very interesting situation that really can't totally be compared with the xp cut off. Windows 7 was pretty well established at that point and really not drastic in terms of a functionality difference. Not to mention I read here: howtogeek.com/400783/windows-7-only-has-one-year-of-security-patches-left/ that Windows XP had less market share a year before it's cutoff vs what 7 has now so it's going to be interesting how many go to linux (or maybe mac) vs go to 10 vs stay on 7 anyway.

Attached: 1509584482494.jpg (286x323, 77K)

WINBLOWS 7 FAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

If it wasn't for 8gb ram, I'd use XP.

Continue using it.

Here you go.
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck
Installed it on nvme. Make sure to select uefi in rufus when making the bootable USB.

Keep using XP 64...

Attached: its_time.jpg (1580x2612, 973K)

There is a 64 bit XP ya know...it started off shit but after service pack 2 it's been great.

>support
So I won't be able to download any more updates that sabotage the OS? I won't be able to call Raj to ask how to turn off the computer?
Big deal

I'm moving to Ubuntu tbqh, getting the USB prepared as I type.

I maintain my own fork of Devuan arm64 for the Raspberry Pi 3B for personal use only. I bundle lots of useful custom programs with it and I'm working on my own window manager. I am utterly ascended.

Attached: rzMty3M.jpg (700x759, 67K)

I'll switch to Windows 10.

why do people care about 7GB of win update, when game updates are 70GB?

Attached: flanders finger up.png (442x341, 182K)

I've tried going full Linux, but only the retarded faggot that browses this place will ever think that Linux is good.
I'll keep using Windows 7 until any chance the MS release a Windows 11 is dead, then I do the only reasonable thing, I'll install Windows 10.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Because it's Windows. It's only wrong when they do it.

Finally run all the updates and remove the tementry. then never have to bother again

>Support
Security updates are a myth, OP. Just use the OS you like, """""THEY""""" just want to scare you into getting their newest spy-tech so they can know when you wank at night.

I'm running DOS myself

Attached: file.png (720x540, 560K)

>WINBLOWS 7 """SUPPORT""" ENDS NEXT YEAR
It means I can use it without worrying about it """accidentally""" breaking.

Who 8.1 masterrace here?

Friend of mine is running 8.1 on her Internet-facing box.

Windows 10, forever and always.

Why do you assume people are okay with 70GB games? There's a reason /v/ hates everything in the industry right now.

Do 8.1 windows updates behave like win 7 or like win 10?

>Start menu replacement on 8.1
Never go full retard

>implying theres a difference

Attached: 1544491413839.jpg (780x433, 223K)

Stick with Windows 7 until browser vendors stop making updates for it, THEN ITS SERIOUS TIME

The only reason /v/ hates it is because they're getting tired of daddy belting their asses every time they cause a $1,900 Internet bill with their bullshit.

It'll still be supported.

2016 is the end, look here's a fun tool to upgrade for FREE
Um no okay ok okay so 2018 is the last time you can get it for free! We swear it! UPGRADE!
2018 arrives. Hahaha guise listen please update, like um upgrade, you um, drivers haha yeah they don't work anymore!
2019: we swear we'll end support!!!!

M$ needs to keep supporting Windows 7. All that happens is you need to spend ten seconds on google to find a hack to make it work.

>M$ needs to keep supporting Windows 7
Um... why?

>HDD
kek

Business contracts.
They'll lose out on a fuck load of money.

It's why XP was still supported to about 2014 with security patches.
They'll threaten and bluster to get you into their new market so they can make money off of you.

But ultimately what keeps MS floating is business deals. It's why Windows 10 (not including education/pro) is far more locked down than Windows before it. Less customization means M$ can shove their dick in you and pump you full of hot loving slimy targeted adds. create profiles on you, sell your data, etc.

Regular users get shafted unless you install GPO and know how to use it.

Will the average idiot get support? No. But the average idiot who buys a pretty red laptop in the store for $400 mark up thinks "ooh features yay!". And not "oh so new features means targeted games that they want me to use to get advertised too".

Same thing with Chrome on mobile and not allowing addons - google doesn't want you to block their money making off of you. But they'll sure as fuck help a business contract block ads. because it makes more money for them

Nothing. Microshit has nothing except their PC customers, everything else they did is a failure.
They will suck our dicks to at least save us on 7.

>XP was still supported to about 2014

It's STILL supported until April 2019 if you use the POSReady security patches

>It's why XP was still supported to about 2014 with security patches
No, it was because Windows XP required a Pentium II, 128MB RAM, and 3GB of hard disk space. Vista required a late-model P4, 2GB of RAM and 12GB of hard disk space - requirements that haven't actually changed much right up until the latest feature updates of 32-bit Windows 10.

I can't be bothered with the rest of your post, because it boils down to
>reeeee homosexual imagery reeeee botnet reeeee

I get a giggle out of this one. Keep in mind what POSReady is: a cut-down version of XP for cash registers. Just because those updates happily install on XP doesn't mean you're getting full coverage.

>128MB RAM
You mean 64

shut up, nigger

In the same way Vista required 512MB, I suppose.

I'm dualbooting to LTSB/LTSC to get accustomed to, I turned both into a W7 without classic theme that just fucking works already
there is any FOSS alternative to WPD already or in progress?

Attached: 1kk.png (867x478, 63K)

>trying using XP with P3 and 64 ram
Do you feel lucky, punk?
>trying using without SP3
Are SP memes too?

>go from 64 to 512 in one generation
Everything after XP is bloated fucking garbage trash. XP was the last good windows.

been using xp sp2 from 2005 to 2018 on a P4, everything worked fine

ok, kid