I know you probably heard of the "Wait for Navi" meme, but is there anyone here actually waiting for Navi?

I know you probably heard of the "Wait for Navi" meme, but is there anyone here actually waiting for Navi?

I am. The reason for that is because I remember purchasing HD 4890 literally 4 months before 5870 was launched. What a shitty decision. I mean, it was a good card, a good performer, the fabled Radeon 4000 series that made Nvidia shit their pants, and 4890 was a top of the line single GPU card. But shit, did it leave a bad taste in the mouth when 5000 series launched in September. To make things even worse, every time I'd come to Jow Forums the only thing I could read about was 1.7 woodscrews memes about how much AMD fucked over Nvidia by launching 5000 series way ahead of Fermi which turned out to be one of the worst Nvidia cards to date.

For some reason this Vega 7 card launch is quite reminiscent of the 40nm AMD GPUs. They need a 7nm GPU to produce before mass producing Navi for Sony and the rest of us. Vega 7 is a bait, and a shitty one at that. I'm not falling for that again. I'll wait for Navi and Ryzen 3000.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-14_20-02-38.png (861x792, 218K)

NAvi will probably be around Vega 64/56 level of performance but cheaper, or the same considering you can get a Vega with a great discount.

So why the fuck wait for anything when a 56 could be poached for 350$ on black friday?

I don't know why anyone expected Navi to be a high-end part, it's being developed in coordination with Sony Interactive Entertainment for the Playstation 5. It's probably gonna be the new RX 480 / 580 but with new hardware features not currently featured in AMD cards. Afterwards there will be a bigger die version that won't be called Navi that maintains the new hardware features.

I'm waiting for navi cause my 970 still does ok for 1080p75+ and the RTX 2060 with it's already obsolete vram size it's a disappointment.

Honestly if my 970 suddenly kicks the bucket I would go for one of those vega 64 deals for 400€ and do the undervolt thing. But yeah, if you really need to upgrade waiting is a meme, the vegas and gtx 1070ti when for really low prices in black friday.

Whatever gets hdmi 2.1 first, I buy

kek

>but is there anyone here actually waiting for Navi?
I'm waiting for sure, but if Vega VII brings in SR-IOV, then I'm going for that.
I don't expect Navi to have better performance than the VII due to it being on the same node and most definitely smaller dies.

They could release a navi half a year from now still at 2080 performance but I'd buy it for the right price, get those costs down by not using $300 hbm.

what's wrong with displayport 1.4?

Im tired of wating.
>just wait for zen 2! it will btfo intel!
>it barely keeps up with it in multithread and most likely is still behind in single thread
>just wait for navi it will btfo nvidia!
>had to delay it because it had trash performance
I was ready to throw my money at AMD, but they fucked up.

I'll support the underdog no matter what.
Fuck the green Jew

I'm waiting for the new Ryzens as well.
An APU would be the best, considering I want to do pci-passthrough, but if those aren't as good or too far away, I might settle for using 2 dedicated GPUs.
So after a new Ryzen build, a Navi card will come next, and later hopefully a VR headset.

>one chiplet CPU beats the very best mainstream Intel has to offer
>they fucked up
user, sarcasm is very hard in text form.

thanks for the blog

>it barely keeps up with it in multithread
Pretty sure amd can shit on intel when it comes to multithread now
>most likely is still behind in single thread
wew who knew waiting for a new cpu ment not making assumptions
>just wait for navi it will btfo nvidia! had to delay it because it had trash performance
Or you know it's not ready to be shipped yet?

It has like half the bandwidth of hdmi 2.1, no one support dp 1.4 only 1.2, and hdmi 2.1 TVs will do 4k @ 120hz with variable refresh rate (freesync) and 10-bit HDR

You can buy a 64 for $400 right now

Attached: 7caa0c86-7e1b-4cc2-b6db-ef73a325bde0.png (283x517, 66K)

Navi will come out in 2020.
Enjoy your wait.

>>just wait for zen 2! it will btfo intel!
We barely know anything about it yet. I'd say buy now because waiting will take at least another half a year

display port next will be a thing

Why would Sony Interactive Entertainment be making a console lol

Should I buy a 2700X now or wait for Zen 2? My CPU sucks ass and I really want to upgrade but should I wait?

You could buy a mid or low end Ryzen now to tide you over and upgrade to Zen 2 after it releases. The motherboards are the same.

Will amd ever design original mid-low chips instead of rebranding previous gen? I might need something pci-powered soon and the only viable option is nvidia.

Hdmi 2.1 full bandwidth is shipping in TVs this spring. The next gen displayport isnt even done with the spec. They err going to settle on something slower like 2 years ago but then found out hdmi 2.1 will support 48gbps and went back to the drawing board with little word on what will actually come next

I was hoping to upgrade this past black Friday, but I didn't have the budget due to other expenses at the time. This Black Friday is going to be different. I have SLI GTX 970's, which works okay in 4K @ 60fps at mediums settings in most games, but I clearly need a solid upgrade. I've been interested in a GTX 1080 Ti, but we'll see where everyone's cards land end of this year to see what the best bang for my buck is going to be.

>>Current rig:
>>Threadripper 1900X
GB DDR4-3200
>>SLI GTX 970
>>SSDs (Samsung 970 pro 512GB, Samsung 960 Evo 1TB), Dell H310 SAS RAID arrays (4x3TB in 2x RAID1), and a couple 3TB SATA drives.

Attached: lemongrab.gif (320x223, 204K)