It's actually really good

It's actually really good.

Attached: cutefoot.png (10000x10000, 695K)

its not

>unironically using gnome in a timeline where KDE exists
lol

/thread

In my recent trying of linux (on an old computer not my main) I've had XFCE what's the opinion on that one?

>clock in the middle of the taskbar
what an atrocious decision

>a foot

I hope for the love of god that you at least mean cinnamon.

i agree
i disagree
kde is fine for everyone who wants the windows experience - there's a reason suse was called "the nuremberg windows" back in the early 2000s
why wasting that much space?
>a meme

GNOME is closer to win 10 than KDE imo.

It's barely usable.

People around here quite like it, although many criticize screen tearing problems and the slow migration to GTK3.

I just wish Cinnamon would be in better hands.

Dunno if I've had a "tearing" problem but I haven't run anything graphically intensive it's an old iMac that I saved from recycling, so it's got an old pre AMD ATI and using whatever defaults are in there for drivers. Most I've done was simple ol youtube videos.

gnome lacks every design characteristics that makes it "close to windows", especially if compared to kde. gnome was always more macleaning in design terms.

gnome sucks

Just use openbox and throw a couple gigs of ram in the trash.
You'll have a more responsive machine with just as many features.

I use gnome 3.30.2 on systemdless Gentoo without all the bloat on most mainstream distorts and have no complaints :)

every design decision they made is a slap in the face to anyone who actually has to get something done. what the fuck were they thinking.

>but muh extensions

fuck off, if I have to configure it with hundreds of extensions to get it barely usable, then it's shit design from the get-go.

also WHAT THE FUCK is the atrocious performance of GNOME in virtual machines? anyone care to explain?

most desktop environments are more usable than GNOME. KDE is my current choice.

I use both win 10 and gnome and when I tried KDE it didn't felt like windows10 at all. Felt like some monstrous vista clone desu

A tablet DE with workstation-level resource consumption.

KDE feels like a cheap Chinese rip-off of Windows.There's nothing intuitive about it's management and it's just as bloated as Gnome.I don't know why people keep shilling this piece of crap likes it's the second coming of Christ. KDE is no better than any other desktop available in Linux.

If its so bad like people are making out why does TAILS use it as default. It has to be safety critical stable and trustworthy or they would not go near it. I vouch for it. Never caused me any problems ever.

Attached: 33252343.png (1200x478, 60K)

>foot distro bad
>Buggy Windows XP clone good

Attached: wd-npc.jpg (1400x788, 83K)