During the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week...

>During the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week, we picked up an intriguing rumor circulating among a few C-Level executives that Intel Corp. is pondering the acquisition of AMD.

eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id=36&doc_id=1334179

Attached: Capture.png (719x538, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-14/in-ceo-search-intel-still-hasn-t-found-what-it-s-looking-for
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know about the US, but wouldn't this fall under anti-trust?

Also, don't they actually need to have AMD so that they can say "see we're not a monopoly, there's AMD"? I'm referencing bill gates in regards to their anti trust lawsuits where he mentioned Linux being an alternative and therefore them not being a monopoly.

>Intel buying AMD
God, what a shitshow that would be.

They could probably acquire their GPU division, in fact they should do it, since AMD is doing nothing useful with it

You don't think that Intel will just destroy it?

>There are ARM/PPC/RISC-V powered computers, so we're not a monopoly! :^)

>He added the gender equality factor. Peddie doesn’t believe Intel has done enough to elevate women. The result is too-small a pool of female executives to choose from.
garbage-tier article.

Please let this happen. It's x86 vs ARM vs RISC-V vs MIPS vs POWER.

No, non-opencl HSA APUs is AMD's endgame. No matter how trash their high end GPUs are, the mining craze made them realize how good they are at making FP32/FP64 accelerators. No way in hell AMD would give up their gold egg laying goose, they'd rather take intel down with them in anti-trust suites than give it up.

Attached: 1501037766468.png (770x807, 1.45M)

raja will be in charge again, so yes

>intel buys ati
>nvidia buys amd
dubs confirm

This, but unironically

And then they will make Lisa Su their new CEO

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-14/in-ceo-search-intel-still-hasn-t-found-what-it-s-looking-for

Those aren't targeting the desktop market, though.

The only two viable choices I am currently aware of for the desktop space is intel and amd.

Anti-trust is not a thing anymore. Just ask Google, Microsoft and Amazon.
another example include the media industry that is entirely owned by just six companies.

Would love nothing more then to see Google and Amazon spilt.

My 5 confirms

Google actually planned ahead back in the day to not get broken up.
Why do you think they and their entire product range are owned by Alphabet?

According to some rumors, Nvidia is about to change CEO soon too.

>intel buys AMD
>suddenly becomes just as jewish and shitty
time to wait for ARM to start making desktop CPUs

Attached: 1527885931307.png (418x359, 13K)

How can you say that when amd just released a 700 bucks card lmao
AMD is just as jewish as intel, the difference is that their products were never as good

retard, hbm2 is expensive as fuck, they cant release something cheaper

>$700 card that competes with another $700 card from another company
wow so jewish
meanwhile
>3600x will be 100% of the performance of the 9900k for half the price

Exactly my point. Nothing is stopping companies from creating parent companies.
Anti-trust is dead so long as companies can pull this shit.

$700 for a card that costs $750 to make. Wake up schlomo

cope

I can't believe how fucking sexist this article title is. Woo? As if a successful tech executive is some dumb slut to be influenced by her base emotions? There would never be an article like this written about a male executive. It's a fucking disgrace.

Attached: 1544811233703.jpg (689x720, 297K)

right, because amd makes suck expensive cpus

x will be 100% of the performance of the 9900k for half the price
this delusion you amdrones are hilarious

Attached: 1547224529512s.jpg (1268x716, 93K)

>As if a successful tech executive is some dumb slut to be influenced by her base emotions?
>implying that isn't the case

>intelaviv drone didn't watch the AMD keynote
stay bluepilled (literally, because of intel's logo) my friend

Attached: 1546268121120.jpg (700x565, 73K)

There's a rough 1% chance of this happening, right?

STFU .... J-jim was right ... i-intel btfo

Attached: 1526565781243.png (1228x1502, 1.07M)

More like 0%, Intel would get fucked by anti-trust if they even consider it.

Nah, hes got his artx team back together

Back to you pieces of shit.

So? The 2080 die is 550mm2, its bigger than the 1080ti and on a more expensive process.

seething "company I dont like" drone spotted
cope harder please ;)

Whats this

Attached: 1547157197363.jpg (1052x518, 32K)

x will be 100% of the performance of the 9900k for half the price
3600 you mean. The QS from CES was a 65w part, not a 95w part. Also it had to have roughly 8700k equaling single core performance to beat the 9900k's multicore score (yes, factoring in AMD's superior SMT implementation).

I predict it will be 5-10% faster than the 9900K on final silicon with tweaking and fast memory for a lot less monies.

Yeah almost as bad as when amd bought ATi and caused them to lose the gpu wars

Raja's treacherous plan for Intel to buy Radeon Technologies Group will NOT happen.

>first raja koduri
>then lisa su
Intel is turning into AMD.

>Intel in charge of GPU drivers

Attached: 1547269514541.gif (300x296, 1.86M)

Let's say this fairytale garbage of a """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""rumour""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" is true.

Which person will be CEO of AMD then? My bet would be that David Wang also heads the CPU division after that. Or perhaps Mark Papermaster.

One thing's certain though, I will never buy anything that is related to Intel. If Intel somehow manage to buy RTG, i will buy Nvidia graphics cards instead even though I hate Nvidia a lot (but I hate Intel 50000 times more because of their bribery and other anti competitive shit that they have done towards AMD).

PLEASE let this be true, it would be the funniest timeline.

>Which person will be CEO of AMD then?

Attached: Brian_Krzanich.jpg (1536x1988, 392K)

The only fun part of this dumbass analyst fantasy is the idea that Su could become CEO of Intel and immediately cuck Raja's GPU team into oblivion AGAIN.

how ? the european antitrust would never allow this

They have no say in this, all they can do is put an injunction on Advanced Intel Devices's EU offices if they tell the EU to get bent. Then the EU loses access to x86 and turns into a third world shithole because lol ARM at HPC

I assume that american antitrust wouldn't either but the country is so full of monopolies and corporations buying off politicians it wouldn't be that surprising.

we'd be more than happy to take over an entire continent's worth of business contracts :^)

Attached: 071717_0422_2.jpg (2348x3125, 1.29M)

I wish you would just so I can be let down one more time

as long as repubs have the majority no one has to worry about antitrust

Then say goodbye to their console partnerships and laptops

why would AMD sell any part of their company now? it doesn't even make sense in 2015 because of the semi-custom designs that go into Xbox and PlayStation. it's guaranteed money for eternity. Intel and Nvidia have both screwed microsoft and sony, which is why both microshit and basedny go full AMD for their consoles now

No Yahtzee for you bitch boy.

>never as good
They destroyed Intel and Nvidia on several occasions. What are you, twelve?

oh hell no
that would make the entire desktop market being controlled by one family

yes the same investors that own intel owns amd too

i fail to see how this will maximize their profits at all