Why does literally no one talk about the technology behind Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general...

Why does literally no one talk about the technology behind Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, aside from the price it's still technology right?

Attached: bitcoin1.jpg (1000x935, 242K)

It's 10 years old.
It isn't really used for anything besides cryptocurrency.

What about newer cryptocurrencies for example Cardano which is researching and developing a PoS algorithm ouroboros. It's a RSK smart contract platform with it's own language, Plutus, a stripped down version of Haskell.

irrelevant memes/possible scams. It's too late to make money off crypto and it will never actually be used to buy things because it's too volatile. Should have got into the meme 3 years ago.

I made a thread asking to discuss the actual technology behind cryptocurrencies on Jow Forums once.
It got 0 replies.

I think it is a fascinating topic, but all anyone wants to talk about (including that vast majority of shit you get back when doing a websearch about this) is nothing but incidental shit. Just "what's valuable now" and "what's going to be valuable tomorrow".
Well I'll tell you what's going to be valuable tomorrow, whatever has the best technology backing it up. But those retards on Jow Forums don't seem to get that.

people do. it's just not the mainstream outlets.

I made my profit but I am not here to discuss price related stuff.

Some prominent people in CS all work for IOHK which is developing Cardano, for example Philip Wadler. I don't think such people would put their names on scams.

Working on it as we speak

I think crypto is actually still underhyped. it can solve a lot of problems, but people lack imagination.

for instance, it could have solved a lot of Bethesda's problems. multiplayer games in general should use blockchain tech IMO. Reduces server load, guarantees game integrity.

there aren't any real blockchain tools out there yet for these applications, and I'm not working on that either atm because I think it's boring, but there is a ton of potential if we connect the right client with the right talent.

Attached: vosi.png (441x369, 17K)

why does nobody talk about the algorithm for distributing diamonds in minecraft? they're about as valid a currency as bitcoins.

>>It's too late to make money off crypto

lmao you dumb fucks will never learn.

>if we connect the right client with the right talent.

cont.

the problem, as I see it now, is that the people who are working on blockchain are mainly just technical guys that don't know how to sell their shit, or rather are developing shit that is certainly impressive but nobody needs.

and those that need it don't know that they need it/ don't have a clue as to how it could help them.

This is how markets work, the liquidity is dead because majority are fearful/distasted by crypto. user is no exception and is being a good goy.

Terminal adoption depends not on reality, but on expectations. As long as people expect more buyers of BTC in the future in the face of limited supply, it's rational to speculate long on BTC. And that speculation produces the market cycles we know and love.

he will buy our linkies at $1000 eoy lol

should've been on Jow Forums in 2011. Plenty of threads discussing bitcoin as an idea and the tech behind it.

Attached: 1543376774433.jpg (1423x1281, 156K)

I took 2 courses at uni on crypto and blockchain and I worked for a crypto startup for 6 months designing blockchains and smart contracts.

I still have no idea what's the big deal about them. Sure the whole concept works for money and bitcoin has several design flaws, so there is still room for improvement there. But transaction speed is a problem across the board and the only people that have come with solutions to this do so in exchange of descentralization.

It has some big Haskell names behind. And using a pure FP language for smart contract design is a great desicition.

Because the tech behind it really isn't very interesting. Blockchain is just event sourcing, which is nothing new and has been in use for decades, and decentralized persistence, which is usually implemented in ways that are fundamentally flawed and either result in retarded stuff like blatant waste of electricity (proof of work) or leaving it vulnerable to being completely taken over and controlled by malicious actors (chains of trust).

Blockchains are slow and expensive databases; useful for censorship resistance, but not much else at this time.

Who gives a shit about crypto in 2019 lmao, i'ts dead

One interesting application for blockchains is to provide/secure certain kinds of government records, like birth & marriage certificates. In fact, some counties in Nevada are already doing this.