Are gaming mice a meme? I like having extra programmable keys...

Are gaming mice a meme? I like having extra programmable keys, but I don't understand why you'd pay up to 80 bucks for one.

Attached: 25659608_10208384300645323_2881157839800071446_n.jpg (720x889, 81K)

The only mice you'll ever need is the cheapest one from a chink store, if you want some comfy then just buy one with "page forward, page backward" and dpi buttons

Everything is a meme to Jow Forums. But what you like.

No. Proper gaming mice have customizable DPI settings, better sensors (more accurate/resistant to tilt slam), multiple rebindable buttons (with macro features) and other shit like that. Also if you actually spend a lot of time playing vidya the shape makes a difference too. A generic mouse is usually serviceable but if you try out a mouse with all the bells and whistles + it fits your hand you will see the attraction.

Better sensor.
It's not they're "better" it's that cheap mice are overwhelmingly shit now

Have you ever seen any pro gamers/streamer wielding a $5 mouse? That should be your answer.

They also use ungodly expensive chairs and shove rgbs on everything, what's your point here?

Just make sure to get on the fly DPS adjustment. Everything else is a meme.
I use a K65, DPI on the fly, and adjustable weights with just a few extra buttons. RGB on it is stupid though.

I payed $120 for one because I'm retarded. Zero regrets.

>DPS adjustments
you're playing at the wrong combined sensitivity scrublord

also it's DPI. Learn how to heal faggot

I mean as long as you're happy with the purchase that's fine I guess. I'd rather not waste too much money on a mouse though desu

>Have you ever seen any pro gamers/streamer wielding a $5 mouse?
You realize they're paid to advertise those products, right user?

Some are and some aren't. If a guy is using all Razer gear then he is probably sponsored, but if he has a mishmash of gear then they probably aren't.

I have never found on the fly DPI adjustment to be useful in the slightest. I rebound that shit on my g402.

Having multiple thumb buttons is useful, if only to have separate toggles for different VoIP channels.

My Zowie FK1 broke after 4 years. I'm looking for a similar replacement that is not Zowie. When I was shopping last time the Steelseries Sensei seemed to tick the boxes for me but I'm not sure if they are still a quality brand.

The buttons can be handy with macros etc. but that's about it. Personally I use a g502 for gaming and a MX Master for everything else as it's portable.

Most of them are.
Pic related is the one i'm using for 7 years now and still no double click to this day and even the scroll wheel functions as well as it did when i bought it.
Costs dirt cheap because the manufacturer Jews offset the cost into the software in order to dupe people into buying the mouse and then being forced into paying for software.
Beauty is you don't need to buy the software because X-Mouse Button Control does the trick and it's free open source.
kek

Attached: Bloody11.jpg (800x533, 64K)

streamers get sent stuff all the time user, if you can see a logo/pc parts during a stream its almost garunteed that they were gifted/paid to show them on stream

Looks comfy

I used a Razer Naga when I played mmorpgs. The buttons on the side of it were a godsend for hotkey heavy games. If I ever went back to mmo's I'd probably buy another one, or a similar knockoff.

This.
If you're big enough to have an actual following, you're on the advertiser's radar. Even if you don't agree to anything, you'll get free stuff that you'll use and show

anything more expensive then a g203 is a waste of money

>Are gaming mice a meme?
yes, mostly. some things like improved sensors are good, however alot is just marketing hype in similar fashion to gaming keyboards.

They kind of are. A nice sensor at $40 is all you need.
Light speed wireless from.logitech is worth the tax

I don't know. I don't use mice anymore, laptops/ touchpads are much better for programming, since you don't have to move your hands off the keys.

for gaymen I just bought an oculus.

come join me in an alternate reality so you don't have to worry about mundane shit like mice anymore.

>DPI
Just change the mouse velocity on the control panel

The idea behind DPI settings is that you can switch on the fly.

Anything branded with "gaming" is a scam. Gamers are easily exploited because of young and impressionable they are.