Small Office Computers Setup - Refurbs?

So my wife and I have a couple of medical offices with too many problems. The systems in both offices came with the practices - 4th gen i5 Dell Optiplex piles of garbage (good lord, those shit BIOS) with Seagate ticking time bombs that I've had to dislodge the heads from time to time. I'm tired of fixing this shit and am looking for alternatives. I've considered partings systems together but I figured there must be some reliable refurbished systems out there (even if I have to spend some money on additional memory and SSDs). I need 7 systems in one office and 5 in the other, but the office with 7 is in dire need. Budget is pretty tight - no, being a doctor and having your own practice and staff does not make you rich - it makes you liable. Please help Jow Forums, I cannot take one more second of my overpaid, incompetent staff complaining or asking me how to do things. Where do people go for refurbs? I have seen some on Newegg and ebay but I don't even know what is good or where to start.

Attached: 8262bdecc7a191bb6be4d842d90a3c21.jpg (680x914, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/LattePanda-4G-64GB-Development-without/dp/B01KJMDD9S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547519916&sr=8-3
ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-390-SFF-i5-500GB-HDD-8GB-RAM-Win-10-Pro-WiFi-HDMI/254057416134?hash=item3b270085c6:g:YUIAAOSw6dhcGDFi:rk:52:pf:0#viTabs_0
azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/virtual-desktop/).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I reverse searched this picture and the first thing I see if her black boyfriend. Fucking jews man.

>blacks
>jewish

I think it's Kate Upton. She dates blacks?

problem?

Attached: 233.png (233x187, 71K)

Wow. What keyboard is that?

bump for actual answers/suggestions

Attached: 1546676622987.jpg (2976x1929, 1.33M)

Migrate to web based software, get Chromebooks/Chromeboxes with a gsuite account

Easiest shit to manage

use a nuc, they're some used on ebay. or directly from dell outlet.

this too. buy refurbished dells, they last forever, and change your programs to be web-based. get better internet and a server to do backups.

I would suggest buying new parts for your existing machines. Get some WD Black hard drives and transfer the data over. WD Blacks aren't that cheap but they're reliable and come with a 5 year warranty I think.

If you have machines that aren't tied to Windows or x86 (i.e. used only for spreadsheets or stuff in a web browser) then I would recommend getting Raspberry Pis or other tiny single board computers.

If you are tied to Windows and x86 but don't need the most powerful desktop, why not try an x86 SBC? The LattePanda boards are $100 for a quad core Intel Cherry Trail, 2GB RAM, and 32GB flash storage. All you'd have to do is transfer your existing Windows keys or pirate Windows.

amazon.com/LattePanda-4G-64GB-Development-without/dp/B01KJMDD9S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547519916&sr=8-3

Attached: 1547238398266.jpg (512x422, 29K)

Pro tip: Consider buying modern things instead.

So you can buy a cheap xeon piece of shit from 8 years ago for $150 less, how long do you plan to keep it? And at what point will the absurd electricity being drawn even out and begin to actually COST you money? It'll be sooner than you think.

You'll find that actually just buying a cheap modern device will give you the same performance, cost less in the long run and be able to deal with modern connectors, while also being quieter.

Where I work
>user, this thing is soooo slow
>"We match the computer to the user, haha"
SSDs and maybe some RAM would help a bunch. What kind of network gear do you have? 10/100 shit will give you all kinds of bottlenecks in the current year.

I hated doing IT for doctors you fags are so un-tech savvy it makes me sick. And then you smile and act all happy i fixed your problem, then you bitch to the CEO I didn't smile long enough or you didn't feel like I gave you the "complete" package, like you actually matter to me, and that your problem is sad and stupid and it's a miracle i'm getting paid double now what I was to do even less. Fuck you.

I always wondered about that

My instructor told me stories about the insufferable cunts at hospitals

>4th gen i5 Dell Optiplex piles of garbage (good lord, those shit BIOS)
you want to know, how i know, you're a poseur who knows fucking jack? Best advice would be, leave the shit as is, because for fucking sure, you ain't gonna improve it any

the only thing wrong with these is the proprietary power supplies that Dell stops selling after a few years.
T. Dell rep told me on the phone to look on ebay for a power supply

You can build some yourself or look around at an EPC (assuming there's one in your city).

Interested too. Any clues?

no one who frequents Jow Forums runs a business or has a wife. hyperlarp.

looks like a bloomberg terminal keyboard, but I'm not sure

buy 12 of these. clone the hdds onto an ssd for each using a usb to sata. install ssd. fin.

ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-390-SFF-i5-500GB-HDD-8GB-RAM-Win-10-Pro-WiFi-HDMI/254057416134?hash=item3b270085c6:g:YUIAAOSw6dhcGDFi:rk:52:pf:0#viTabs_0

How much are you seriously looking to spend per machine?

There aren't any decent web based services for most proprietary software and linked hardware in the medical field. The only cloud based stuff is for charting, appointments and the like. There are a few that do one thing really well but none have figured it all out. So you're stuck with some Win 9x software that has been maladjusted to work on modern hardware. Oh and you have to pay monthly "support" fees despite never needing support if you aren't retarded.
you are very tied to windows in this industry. Some instances you even need specific service packs but not others. It's fucked. There's a goldmine for the software engineers that figure out a way to integrate all the various hardware.
I was considering just swapping SSD and adding RAM. I already upgraded network hardware. Had to right away for networked imaging systems (xray, tomography, etc)
yeah, I have engineering/physics degrees; you aren't special. But thanks for letting everyone know how great you think you are in a completely off topic rant against nobody that is present.
thanks retard; see for precisely the problem
some of us have been on here since the beginning. You're really here forever - wife, kids, grad school, real grown up job...makes no difference. Also work is gay at any level.
the best part about that ad is "libre office installed"
It really depends. Like I said, I am really just looking for a good avenue on refurbs because it saves time. I figured somebody on here had done bulk purchasing at some point that wasn't Newgg, Tiger Direct or any of those guys. Yeah, I could build or buy some brand new lenovo or dell (which is unnecessary) but I'd rather see if there are more stout machines coming down the pipeline as major corporations upgrade. Building takes time which I don't have; we have a second business in which we do devices prototyping (no employees) which is pretty much a failure, thus far

why don't you just get virtual desktops from some local msp and just run thin clients. Even Microsoft is starting to directly offer this service (azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/virtual-desktop/). If all you're doing is smb office work then you probably don't actually need physical computers.

This. My work does this and it's alright to some extent.

>There aren't any decent web based services for most proprietary software and linked hardware in the medical field.
Yeah. A lot of practice management software is Win32 client server based. Places I've worked at have resisted move the cloud, due to patient privacy concerns.

>no one who frequents Jow Forums runs a business or has a wife.
stop projecting

>he doesn't know

fpbp

>ask for advice
>generally unhelpful cast of characters reply
tfw you're Alice in Wonderland
kek

>phone looks like a huge black cock

If you fall for SaaS or such bait, don't be surprised they only offered this to get you to pay a lot later when you rely on it, particularly when you didn't ensure you can take your SaaS anywhere else in short order.

Yeah it's a bloomberg terminal keyboard. A buddy of mine has a couple of Bloomberg screens, he bought them from some guy who bought them from a thief. Pretty schway.

What do they need to do that they can't do on $100 1-2 gen old Atom HTPC imported from China (or even their current machines) that are moslty taking their data off one properly redundant and backed up Linux NAS server box?

Is there any FOSS application to mange a small practice?

Attached: 1546446702870.jpg (1000x1500, 221K)

cute whore

you missed the footage of her and kanye on a balcony and him trying to taste her esophagus?

Sounds like you never did a good job anywhere you went.