DAILY ANTI SYSTEMD THREAD

FUCK POTTERING EDITION

>the current year is 2010+9
>and he still isn't using an init system alternative to SYSTEMD

viable alternatives
>runit (most lightweight and user friendly, literally is 3 small files)
>openrc (good, default in Gentoo, not as lightweight as SYSTEMD)

problems with systemd
>jewgle DNS by default
>doesn't abide by Unix philosophy
>victim to scope creep
>legistixal issues, and core issues found on arguments against sustemd's webpage

distros
>artix, arch based, editions are openrc and run it
>voidlinux, uses runit, xbps package manager
>devuan, openrc AFAIK, generally agreed upon as being garbage though

systemdfag counterarguments
>muh service dependency
>muh industry standard

stop sucking pottering's small German cock, and move onto a Superior init system.

Attached: iu.png (2000x2951, 3.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pid_eins/status/1083700773714911232
gnu.org/software/guix/guix.html
gnu.org/software/shepherd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't worry, Poettering is gonna rewrite it in Rust
twitter.com/pid_eins/status/1083700773714911232

Attached: systemdrust.png (629x418, 92K)

also the don't worry was sarcasm. Install Artix.

Artix is the best non-systemd distro, based off of Arch too. Perfect compatibility on my part too. I prefer it massively over Void and the other alternatives.

Attached: 1545844273362.jpg (900x1273, 211K)

>viable alternatives
>openrc
yeah, buddy. I don't think you know what you're talking about.....

Tried what it was like without SystemD, moved from Debian to void. And I haven't noticed a difference in workflow, just have to type in a simple command to amend the list of processes and boots up a lot quicker.

Attached: __niyah_xenoblade_series_and_etc_drawn_by_takura_mahiro__sample-6c9fa1ae5708c63538b6eab3f66ffab4.jpg (850x1067, 267K)

actually, void is the best non-systemd gnu/linux distribution, considering how it has native support for something other than systemd, unlike artix which is based off of arch which consequently requires an annoying amount of hacks to get anything working correctly (e.g: apulse, systemddummy, etc)

How do I not? OpenRC is a more than well established alternative as an init system and service manager..? It is the standard system in Gentoo and Devuan?

Attached: JPEG_20190113_212449.jpg (222x266, 14K)

Don't forget /ourdistro/
gnu.org/software/guix/guix.html
gnu.org/software/shepherd/
If you scheme, this is the one for you

Attached: guixred.png (1422x1275, 205K)

You clearly haven't used Artix.

Attached: Chris_Ulmberg.png (600x700, 250K)

it's because openrc is unstable and old, and is more bloated than it should be in comparison to runit, which is clearly the superior option here.... if you aren't retarded....

you don't know what you're talking about.

nice argument there, kiddo.

I sort of implied in the OP that runit is superior and less bloated, and OpenRC by no means is unstable in comparison to the alternatives., it is certainly bloated.

Systemdeez nuts, as some other user posted earlier this year.

yes, but why did you even include openrc? clearly shilling for some shitty init program which belongs in the trash

how to install devuan and keep my encrypted home folder

Perfectly viable alternatives. OpenRC doesn't belong in the trash and is arguably more stable than runit despite being considerably bloated and weirdly coded.

>considerably bloated and weirdly coded.
source? didn't think so, lol.

actually, you can find multiple instances of it being bloated and "weirdly coded" through several forums.

>arguably more stable
no? where's your source? do you even know what you're talking about?

>tfw fell for the void meme
>repos are absolute garbage.

Attached: [MLF] ReZero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 06 [720p] (00:03:37.384) 0001.png (1280x720, 1M)

not true

But it's true, I'm trying to install gst-plugins-vpx and gst-plugins-good but they're nowhere to be found on the repos, tried to compile then but for some reason they don't appear on my package count, and they're not being recognized by the programs.

>tried to compile then but for some reason they don't appear on my package count, and they're not being recognized by the programs.
Not void's fault, but your own. Sorry.

Do you know the reason? Because I haven't figured out yet.

What is this whore from

I don't know the reason, but I do know that it isn't a result of Void not working. You're most likely doing something wrong...

Nia from Xenoblade 2

Attached: Nia Petting.png (1242x890, 276K)

god I wish that were me

Quick tip for void beginners: Don't install the musl version because it is buggy and broken pilled

Don't install the normal version either for the same reason.

>gtk

Idk what you're talking about because werks on my machine

>>openrc (good, default in Gentoo, not as lightweight as SYSTEMD)
uh wat?
sysv =/= openrc

>gst
why would you even need this garbage? any video player that i have tried that uses those plays like shit

Attached: Works on my machine.png (200x193, 30K)

thanks fren

Wales

Webms on ahoviewer.

>devuan, openrc AFAIK, generally agreed upon as being garbage though
How so? I've yet to try it myself

You want to be cucked by a shota and his two sword waifus?

Friendly reminder to support AppImages, flatpaks are written by the same idiots behind systemd

Also uninstall Avahi, that poetteringware is known to be a security threat. Actually be careful with d-bus too, RPCs are a hacker invitation.

Actually in the one of the postgame intro screens it's Nia who does the cuckening as she shoves away the shota and grabs the other two girls for herself.