>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>GTX 1070/Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti are standard choices
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: pc_silent_hill_case_mod_left_by_talesofsilence-d36w0w0.jpg (768x1024, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/TfvgyX
pcpartpicker.com/list/x8rF9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/tFC3nH
us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/417.71/417.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ag6a9f/how_to_enable_adaptivesync_freesync_if_you_have/
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/#view=Jhyf7P
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ATX or mATX?

whats a good z390 motherboard for a 9600k?

>6 threads

Attached: images.jpg (554x554, 25K)

Why some people like big cases? Why do they like the empty spaces inside? Is to compensate for something else?

I'm american so my house is normal sized and can fit a big comfy tower.

>big case
>comfy
So you're compensating for something, besides telling yourself lies.

Gotta fit in that Big Black GPU.

Its big and filled with boulders so niggers can't steal it

>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580
Are these cards even worth buying at this point? Or are they about to be thrown to the trash considering their age (almost 3 years old) and with RTX+Navi coming out this year?

RX 570 and 580 are good on sale. GTX 1060 is completely not worth it. Just spend a hundred dollars more for the RTX 2060 for a huge ass boost in performance.

I installed my new ssd sideways and now it fucking burned along with the connector.
I can change the ssd no problem but how do I know if the mobo ssd slot is still working? The plastic is mildly melted.

Attached: 28fj3w.jpg (633x758, 62K)

I'm installing a PCIE network card into my prebuilt as my USB wifi seems to break with every windows 10 update.

Does it matter which pcie slot it goes into?

Attached: IMG_3933.jpg (2149x3221, 1.1M)

>RX 570 and 580 are good on sale.
At what prices are we talking about?

Is a 212 Cooler Master sufficient for a 9700K?

I plan to overclock but my PSU is only 700W, which from what I can tell will only last 8~ hours safely.

My buddy is going to get me either a 1000W or 1200W in a few weeks so I'm in no real rush until then

preferably the empty one

Redpill me, lads: Where can I find a high resolution and fairly large monitor, specifically with a closer to square ration like 4:3 or 5:4?

Looking for at least 24", bigger preferred.

Anyone have a Thermaltake Core V21 case?
Thinking of moving my current build into one because the standard matx tower I have right now is a pain in the ass to work on.

probably learn more about how to build adequately and use basic computing before you try to OC anything, especially new gen CPUs

How badly does enabling XMP mess with power draw?

Back when I tried it out on my old mobo in 2014 the default profile in the UEFI would be unstable regardless of what I tried.

Or even buy a used 1070 for massively improved performance from the 1060 for $250 or so.

The top slot meme only applies to gpus on certain motherboards when the first slot isnt being used. They dont allocate full bandwidth or something

What's the minimum recommended RAM these days, 16 GB?

my current pc is literally about to die, so i'm planning a placeholder rig:

r5 2600x
prime x470 pro
3200x14 gskill flarex 2x8gb
2080ti founders

the plan is to replace the mobo and cpu whenever ryzen 3xxx drops, then go up to 2x16gb ram later in the year once prices have dropped.

is this plan ok?

Attached: miss-usa-001.jpg (1363x2048, 538K)

I wonder what kind of rig RMS has?

I wish high refresh 1440p monitors weren't so expensive

If I want a 1070, should I only be looking at evga, or are other brands good?

it is hard for me to respect, or recommend anyone buy a 2080ti

holy shit

well, i'm not poor. i have an asus pg279uq.

Attached: miss-usa-002.jpg (1363x2048, 587K)

>used
>Wanting miner leftovers with little if not zero warranty left

I'm not sure what you mean by top slot meme.
Installed it on the second from the bottom as it had a lot of room for me to work with and it bump anything.
Working well so I'm happy

Attached: IMG_3934.jpg (2587x2360, 807K)

I think we might be getting raided by /lit/ right now.

I have an r5 2600 and a rx580 but I haven't bought my ram yet, are the performance differences in games between 2666 and 3000 worth 40-50 dollars?

bumping for an answer

What's the best graphic card that won't bottleneck my Core2Duo? Also which Noctua fans that usually got recommended?

How doable is 5GHz on a 9700K?

Yes, especially with Ryzen since they benefit a lot from faster RAM.

its fucking dildoey that there are 0 white z390 motherboards out there.

Will an R5 1600 non X bottleneck a 1080ti in 1440p? Right now I have a 1070 and I'm not getting the results I'd like from gaymes in 1440p, I often have to lower settings or turn off AA to get 90+ fps with no drops. In some games I even have to turn settings down to stay above 60 fps.
Should I cop a 1080ti now and get the R7 3700X when it comes out, or will the gpu alone make little to no difference and I should just wait(tm) with both and get them at the same time? Thanks

If you're building for gaming, any reason to get an intel over ryzen?

yes if you play at 1080p, debatable at 1440p, don't touch intel with a 10 foot pole at 4k.

Incel generally has higher clocks which is better in most games in 1080p and 1440p. You can generally reach 5GHz on air with the latest intel processors while the ryzen 2700x caps out around 4.3. But ryzen is generally better for 4K and minimum fps because it has more threads. If you look at benchmarks you'll see the average fps for intel is usually higher below 4k, but the 97th percentile is higher for ryzen. So you'll get more stable fps with ryzen.
But this all doesn't matter because zen 2 is about to come out with higher clocks and higher IPC. The 3700x will most likely beat or match intel in single core, and it will have more threads as well.
tl;dr don't buy intel

I checked both DIMM slots with one stick of RAM and it booted both times. My other stick wouldn't boot at all. That means both my DIMM slots are still good right?

What are the odds of snagging a rtx 2060 tomorrow before they're all bought up?

Attached: image0-11.png (1064x957, 849K)

More room = better airflow and temps

Will a deepcool fh10 with ll120 fans werk or will I have to buy the corsair commander pro?

0. Then demand will make the price skyrocket.

is rx470 enough for 144hz freesync monitor if i only plan to play low-medium setting?
on latest games? although i only play autism map painting simulators from paradox and total war series

>2060 is $600-700au
so I'm better off just leaving this whole thing for another year right? I just want to play some videogames but I don't feel like forking out $2k for a mid range desktop

I have $450 and I want a new GPU to try and get as nice looking 4K as possible. Currently running an R9 390. What's the best option there?
>GTX 1080?
>RTX 2070?
>Splurge like a fuckin dumbass and get a 1080ti?

Attached: e3547aa5163be1cf0308beec1632f77e_XL.jpg (1200x657, 122K)

if I buy a motherboard with 8x USB3.0 ports (not that I really need 8, but the hypothetical board has other attractive features), my chipset supports maximum 10x USB3.0 ports, and i buy a case with 3x on the front panel for 11x total, will there be any repercussions (like those on the front panel just refusing to work) or will only the eleventh port just not work in the very unlikely event i use up all the other ten?

To the few anons worried about the Dark Rock Pro4 fitting in the H500 a few threads ago, yes it fits, but definitely hook up cpu power and anything else before mounting it, the fucker is hard to work around in that small ass case.
Untreated to that, why the fuck is my speccy showing a different cpu?

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.01.15 - 01.07.03.88.png (1581x819, 894K)

Speccy can be unreliable at times. Use hwmonitor or something.

There's nothing dumb about splurging like that. You want to play bidio gaymes at 4k? Get a 2080/2080ti or sod off. Don't try to get things beyond your reach, poorfag. And don't use gaymd trash GPUs for 4k.

Go on gumtree and get a 1080 for $600 mate (600 AUD that is)

im in this same boat, i want to upgrade my 970 but im literally torn between what to get

Is a gtx 1080ti worth a $110 premium over the 1080 if I want to play single player games like doom in 1440p@144Hz?

Attached: hot pocket jpeg artifacts.png (3060x3060, 3.86M)

So i have a friend that wants to get into some pc games. As of right all hes told me is he wants to play metal gear solid 5 at medium settings and a few others. Hes a normalfag and doesnt know much about pc builds. Mgs5 ran well at medium-high settings on my gaymen laptop from 2013 so that shouldnt be to hard to pull off at all, but i figured id suggest him a higher end desktop for any other games hes interested in the future.

Truth be told however pc building was something i put off getting knowledge for since a desk top wasnt reasonable in my situation. Im not a poorfag but im just not at home all the time nor did i ever have the place to put one so my go to was throw assloads of money on a gaymen laptop. Yes i know im a huge faggot for that. As such i need some advice for my friends build so i wont fuck it up.

His budget is 2000 which should be more than enough for what hes looking for, peripherals and all.

Thinking of building the pc around
pcpartpicker.com/list/TfvgyX

Anything i should add or remove or modify? If it was up to me id go crazy but since its supposed to be so.ewhat more budget oriented im build blind. Additionally not sure if cheaper components in some cases such as case fans, network adaptor, optical drive and cpu fan is okay or if you get what you pay for

I'm a noob anons, how is my cable management? any suggestions?

Attached: malwarebytesdidntwork.jpg (2268x4032, 1.48M)

I'm still using an i7 6700K from about 3 years ago. It still works fine for my gayms (I don't play anything particularly intensive) and my scientific computing work which involves a lot of CPU-intensive calculations, which is where it's starting to show its age since the 4 cores is rather limiting.

Some colleagues recommended I upgrade to an AMD processor because it has more cores. Is this a good idea, or should I stick with intel? In either case, which model?

Attached: 56826429_1821826341_o[1].jpg (750x370, 110K)

Holy shit, is this real?

Gross, are those black lights? I can see all the semen on that anime figurine inside the case

Attached: ftw3.jpg (4656x3492, 3.38M)

What’s a good IPS 1080p monitor that could work for gaming or should I just stick with TN?

Oh nooo...!!
God forbid a 3 year old cpu, you should get taken away from polite society

Alright second try.

pcpartpicker.com/list/x8rF9J

Why are the fans the wrong way? They're set as exhausts, not intake.

wait(tm) like 4 months then get the 3rd genration ryzen threadripper

what is even your goal with this machine? just a workstation or streaming pc? why not just spend 200 more $ for a more modern cpu and gpu?

I've found that 8 threads is very limiting in terms of parallelism.

>should I stick to TN
if you are subhuman enough to use TN and not find anything wrong with it, you don't need to change anything.

R3 2200G you double nigger.

Honestly I don't know I wanted to see how low I can go while buying all parts new.

Ok but I'm not black.

Awful. For an extra $40 (assuming the GT 710 is $35) you could build something that will be multiple times faster in every imaginable scenario. Link related.
pcpartpicker.com/list/tFC3nH
If I were you I'd just cop a 1TB SSD and a 1TB HDD if I really needed another TB, but I guess if you're on a budget 250GB will do. Never ever fall for shit like the GT 710, it's awful value for any price. The Vega 8 which is included with the Ryzen 2200G has twice the TMUs, twice the ROPs, more than twice the shaders, higher frequency and uses your system RAM which will be 60% faster than the crippled DDR3 that's on the GT 710.
Honestly this build will probably give you like three times the fps in your dumbass mobas and fortnie. Can't believe I spoonfed a retard like you

If you care about color accuracy then honestly IPS is the way to go.
I'd say the switch is comparable to things like switching from normal rubber dome keyboards to a mechanical keyboard. The first time I fired up my games on an IPS monitor I was far more impressed then I thought I would be. All the colors just felt "deeper". I'll never go back to a TN panel.

I've only ever experienced this one IPS monitor though, but I do play a lot of fast-paced reflex based games (like arena shooters) to where slight input lag on things is something I can notice fairly well.
So when shopping for an IPS monitor I read that display lag is an issue on them, and I looked specifically for IPS monitors with low latency. I ended up getting one with 40ms latency and I can tell you that I don't notice any delay at all, it feels as responsive as any other monitor I've ever owned.

Also if I go through with this I can use my old i7 6700k as part of another build. Would something like pic related work as a sort of mini-server?

I would use this for "background" tasks like copying files, scraping info, or computations I don't want to waste time with on my main or work computers.

Attached: miniserver.png (1820x817, 402K)

us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/417.71/417.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
Nvidia freesync is here.
Enjoy your flickering.

Good man. Those 1440p 144hz IPS panels have even lower latency, something like 4ms I think. It's practically perfect, only a pro gaymur would need a TN over this.

How do you enable freesync for monitors that aren't officially supported? I have an asus mg279 and only the mg278 is supported, but they said you could still use it and I'm pretty sure the mg279 has a good enough panel not to have any issues

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ag6a9f/how_to_enable_adaptivesync_freesync_if_you_have/

Having a hard time shopping for a monitor. Can someone recommend me something based on my specifications?
>1080p minimum but 1440p HIGHLY preferred
>144hz
>va or ips panel
>biting the bullet and buying a 2080 so g-sync is a big plus
>$600 budget
>prefer something that doesnt have an obnoxious GAYMER look

Attached: 1436794888448220.jpg (1600x1067, 165K)

Using the Viewsonic Xg2401, no flickering so far

wait 2 days to see which Freesync monitors work with Nvidia

Seems like the 1MS TN panels a doing best so far, lots of brightness flicker and blanking on IPS and VA panels.

I don't want to spend $600 on a gpu. $300-400 is fine but more than that is stroking the monopoly cock and i'd rather just focus on other hobbies until amd comes up with something competitive

Anyone plan on getting a 2060?

So I'm looking too build a computer, I have about $900 too spend, and honestly i'm just gonna copy this one from the sticky pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/#view=Jhyf7P
Is this any good for someone who just wants too do light gaming and other shit?

plenty of people getting jew'd on new cards, market's full of used 1070 and 1080

A friend is selling his new and sealed 16gb 3200mhz Trident Z RGB kit for $176, is it good? Will going from 16 to 32gb matter for gayming, booting or something? Same new kit retails for $205.

I spent $400 on a practically brand new 1070ti Titanium, I never buy new if I can help it.

Attached: 1547470954413.jpg (1225x957, 269K)

Unless you're running a workstation it will be wasted

>AMD Radeon Pro WX
>Nvidia Quadro
Anybody have experience using workstation GPU'S? Besides increased detail for CAD, what justifies the price?

>I have about $900 too spend
>Total: $473
???

Guess I'll pass and save the cash towards getting a 1440p gaymur panel.

They're not, EVGA fan wings are just swept back in the middle

>yes I'll have the most ricer case you have, thank you!

Attached: torque_pdt03.png (2335x1331, 515K)

i was, however, a good one is going to cost almost as an RTX 2070. i might just get that.

>i'm not poor
how is life not beeing poor?

My computer still have the i7-920, 6k ram (tripple channel)... shit