What the fuck is the point of sound bars? Do they actually sound good?

What the fuck is the point of sound bars? Do they actually sound good?

Attached: sound bar.jpg (550x327, 12K)

It's physically/acoustically impossible for them to sound good.

obviously they have better since they give you more sounds

Why do normies love them so much?

They’re easy to hook up and they sound better than the shitty built-in speakers in thin TVs.

They make sound better than the TV, don't take up much space, and don't need a bunch of wires strung across the room like a real multichannel speaker setup.

They fit in the insectoid apartments most people use.

Normie are retard? Idk ask one.

1. aesthetics
2. mount options

I had bookshelf speakers before but when they broke I decided to go with an additional monitor instead. No more room on the desk for huge speakers. A soundbar on the other hand is much easier to install beneath or above the monitors because it doesn't take up space on the desk.

Attached: saber.png (1120x1080, 896K)

This.
Nobody is going to pretend that a $220 sound bar "can beat" a $2500 multi-speaker system.

But it's $220 for 50x better sound than their tiny TV speakers, way better audio options than their TV has for stuff like listening to music when cleaning or doing junk in the living room, and it's still compact and doesn't require them to spend an autistic amount of time routing wires or walking around with mics or finding "the best seat in the house"

How do sound bars compare to 5.1 computer speakers?

They work better than built in tv audio and they're simple enough for boomers and normalfags to setup

Depends on the PC speakers obviously.
But they don't anywhere near as good as the 200+ watt 5.1 Logitech, edifiers, klipsh pro medias, and etc.

My setup is pretty litty. It's all wireless so I got my soundbar that plugs into the TV with ARC and the subwoofer in the corner and two rear speakers gives me a pretty decent 5.1 setup without all the hassle of wires.

Attached: 642a60df4d7cff3675c95c6729bd25fc.jpg (330x330, 5K)

I have the Logitech z506 and I feel like I might be missing out, but also I'm poor.

You're not missing out on soundbars. They are quite shit actually.

They look aesthetic and do the job. If you need high quality speakers to enjoy a movie you are probably an incel and the term aesthetic is probably lost on you.

Low power bait.

based

Trannyposting

Seething

As LED panels have gotten thinner so too has the built in speakers.
Soundbars give a better sound than most Inbuilt speakers while tucking in neatly under the screen and not taking up any more room

Better than TV audio, requires less cables, more compact, etc.
There are a lot of reasons.

They're an intended addon for modern TVs because most of them come with absolute shit speakers.

> the point of sound bars?
Sell garbage to normies who can't into proper audio setups.

>Do they actually sound good?
No.

>don't take up much space
That's a valid point.

You could have speakers above the desk or besides the desk. But I do respect your based Saber opinion.

Now that's a touch one. It'll depend on the computer speakers and soundbar you're comparing. I'd get the soundbar if I were just told I had to use either a soundbar or PC speakers and nothing more. The PC speakers I've heard as of yet have all been garbage. I've heard single Bluetooth speakers of all things sound better than PC speakers. The obvious answer is get a decent surround receiver and big front speakers and smaller back speakers and a center speaker and optionally a subwoofer. But if that's not possible and the choice is soundbar or PC speakers then the soundbar is probably a good choice. You'll obviously want to listen to the alternatives but if that's PC speaker or soundbar you probably can't.

Attached: 20180317_duck-duck-shine-and-hyperx.jpg (2400x3291, 2.92M)

This.
I see them as more of a way for manufacturers to cheap out on TV audio, making the TVs as thin as possible with no regard to the speakers in order to sell an additional product.

small bezel TVs have downward or rearward facincg speakers. the soundbar provides a forward facing speaker.

>But it's $220 for 50x better sound
No, it's 50% better lows, at best.

Recently just stopped using my receiver and 5.1 set in favor of saving power using the TV speakers.

In the reviews of my thicker led TV everyone said the TV speakers were actually really good. Holy shit I have to use it at like 7% volume so it isn't too loud, 10% my neighbor would hear. I don't know why i bothered using all these speakers when they're on such low volume anyway

Can't say that's overall a bad thing. But it will obviously totally depend on your use-case and preferences. A perfect "TV" in my view would be a crystal clear really good screen and that's it; no speakers, no "smart" features, not even a TV tuner, just a perfect screen with perfect picture. I've been using a good surround setup and a HTPC since forever so to me the idea of paying for usually garbage built-in speakers and not actually very smart features just to get a nice screen seems silly.