11 hour day

>11 hour day
>5 lines of code
>Do it again tomorrow

Attached: 1507090500671.png (699x699, 639K)

Time to put you on a PIP little unproductive wagie.

Slow and steady wins the race, user.

pip install S.W.E.A.T.-Pledge

Legacy code base?

i will ask here: hello is there a way to revert my debian 9 distro back to debian 9 from some repo of tresqaul i added? now my sceenfetch says tresequel instead of debian... no spiral... basically my distro went from debian to tresquel linux after installing icecat... i added the repo then used apt to install it... then i ran apt update and apt upgrade now my fucking screenfetch and other shit say tresquel related info... what do i do to revert? i am still to new to linux.

>spent 4 years and 80k+ to do this

Isn't the average like 10 lines per hour?

lines of code
open python3 docs
close python3 docs

Meanwhile, guys like Casey Muratori write hundred of lines of professional code on livestream using obscure shit…

>8 hour day
>hundreds of lines of code
>delete 90-95% of it the last hour
>push the remaining 5-10% before leaving
>"user, i don't know how you do it, but your code just sings, so minimalistic and clean, maybe we should switch to a more procedural paradigm"

Pfffhahahaha

h e h e

This is my first time on Jow Forums and I have no idea what anyone is talking about right now.

ho ho

In an busy 8 hour day I’ll generally push about 1500 lines of code.

Jow Forums what are the best jobs in IT for a lazy fuck?

Attached: 127180.jpg (640x960, 53K)

Sysadmin 100%
Save for major fuckups I rarely do anything.

So what do you do all day?

sys admin

That's a lot user. Isn't the going rate $1 per line of code?

Install Acrobat Reader.

generate excel reports of list of x users that are in city y for my manager

if the dev team need a list of london users that are on KB8044832 or whatever and have software X installed but have not used software in Y days then first i'll deploy a powershell script to all of those london users that tells me the last time the software was launched (or any other unique usecase that i dont already have ascript for) then i'll use the output of that script to generate the excel report, since powershell can output straight to csv, which i'll send to my manager, who sends to the dev team who will update the OS image of those users and they will run their own powershell script that will deactivate the keys on that software and free it up and place those keys in the it software pool

a bunch of that sort of stuff everyday

50 cent per symbol in unicode subset

The problem with me is starting to code. but when everything is already in place like documentation, design, process.
i could pump out 1000+ loc a day or probably finish the whole project in a week

Yes

Kys, my dude

are devops basically sysadmins that get paid less?

Sounds comfy.

devops is a managers term, we just call them the prod team but their main responsibility is refining images for baseline compatibility with like 20k+ different machines, maintaining contact with 3rd party vendors if we need support/bug fixing for a program that we use (they called microsoft and zendesk yesterday, didnt overhear what for though)
the only teams that do full programming/dev work is our web applications team, since we have our own custom intranet with a million different forms for whatever

our prod team is basically 60% software 40% hardware (esp with machine imaging)

its 8/10 comfy, since theres no real deadlines but i can't really slack off at all because theres a lot of our pipeline that relies on me solely

contrary. devops are sysadmins that get paid way more.

Yes, devops are usually engineers doing ops. They are writing software / scripts. Sysadmins are clicking buttons in software someone else has written.

CD
CD CODE
IS
CD

The DevOps is the configuration manager. It's a subset of system administration.

I read somewhere that the global average is 7 lines a day.

Casey Muratori made me realize that i'll never ever be a programmer near as good a the tipo of his fingertips.

he makes every so called "programmers" looks like shit.

>Tfw haven't accomplished anything all day
>Don't know what to write in time tracking
>Procrastinated Time Tracking for over 2 months
Oh god I'm a failure.

training and education my friend, say you were reading up your field

Do the same steps in opposite direction.

same here, feel bad man