Current state of Firefox

Yesterday there was a thread about Mozilla employees quiting in droves.
From yesterday Spotify joined list of apps that don't work in Firefox.
Considering that sites drop one by one support for Firefox, and that Mozilla is imploding, how much is it expected to live?
I give it 2 year max

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (450x325, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tonsky.me/blog/chrome-intervention/
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/4039
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares? It was never good, just moderately less shitty than IE6.

Yeah

Nothing seems to be better then Chrome
And I'm happily giving my privacy away :D

can't wait for mozilla to die
then all efforts will be put on a fork with the old addons system

It's pretty fucked up that people who want to keep some old way need to be the ones who fork instead of having forks for the new innovations. Same with Debian.

Can't wait. Web development will be simplier, once less browser to test.

>browser mostly used by weebs
>go full sjw on them
They deserve to sink.

> Mozilla go down
> Waterfox finally gets the recognition it deserves
This is a good timeline

Basically Waterfox then

>Mozilla employees quiting in droves
why? link?

Good. Spotify is botnet.

>2019
>Caring about web browsers when they are pretty much the same bloody thing (homogenized)

>Spotify joined list of apps that don't work in Firefox.
so Firefox need to make "userAgent string" setting in settings

>Web development will be simplier, once less browser to test.
tonsky.me/blog/chrome-intervention/

Attached: chair.jpg (474x355, 29K)

The fact that you literally can't get away from chrome now kinda scares me. Why are there no good FOSS alternatives? Why are so many apps web-based now? Why is electron even a thing? Why is the tech world so god-damned retarded? Even Qutebrowser took out webkit support, in favour of webengine (ungoogled chromium).

Never mind. Just found out that Falkon now uses webengine too. Are there any web-engines that don't use googles backend?

At least it is not botnet and lets me conveniently open as many tabs as I'd like.

JUSTed

>Spotify
Nonfree software and DRM. Do not use this.
>Firefox
Botnet, use Icecat instead

This.

Attached: 35488799.jpg (563x675, 36K)

When will we see the inevitable version of firefox that uses webkit or blink?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ueno-san wa Bukiyou - 02 [720p].mkv-2019-01-13-18h50m15s032.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

qutebrowser still supports QtWebKit currently. However, that might change, as QtWebKit is pretty much abandoned and likely full of security issues: github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/4039

Attached: 1500388902131.gif (330x166, 2.24M)

fuck, web is pwned by Google

Did Spotify ever worked at all?
I only used it for an hour or something and this service is utter shit. It has no features, looks like shit and doesn't even have most of the music I like. I prefer to listen from youtube and I get music videos as an extra.

I don't understand why would anyone use it.

Attached: shinji.jpg (600x677, 47K)

literally can't come soon enough, the gentoo meme is funny, the firefox shilling is actual retardation

Attached: bloatfox.jpg (904x343, 58K)

>oh no now we can't control how the user scroll the page

Fuck you if you ever wrote code that did this. Chrome did unexpectedly something good.

because the'yre either cis white males that are tired of getting discriminated against, or sjw's who will never think what they're doing is enough. accepting sjw thinking into your corporation is like throwing a grenade into it, its only a matter of time

Yes it worked.
Spotify is nice, you have music classified by artist, albums/EPs, but you probably won't find your shitty lo-fi hip-hop there.

Not him, but I can't find my noncanon remixes from songs that are really good and indie content from the electro genre.
Also it's easier and cheaper (free) to download music from Youtube.

Nice try jewgle shill but firefox is the best it's ever been and shits all over botnet browser.

Yeah that's the problem.
It doesn't have my "shitty lo-fi hip-hop", "shitty niche Japanese producers", "shitty OSU music", "shitty anime/game OSTs", "shitty remixes" or whatever you'd call them. It just lacks most of my library, even if it has millions of views on youtube. Unless you listen to something more than commercial, professional scene, you won't find much there.

>Unless
As long as*

Attached: only oldfags will remember.png (1030x169, 29K)

>Yesterday there was a thread about Mozilla employees quiting in droves.
Good
>From yesterday Spotify joined list of apps that don't work in Firefox.
Perfect, who the fuck uses SPYtify anyway?
Considering that sites drop one by one support for Firefox, and that Mozilla is imploding, how much is it expected to live?
Which sites are you talking about?

Attached: autism.jpg (380x109, 53K)

plz stop posting ded fakses on Jow Forums :(

>The fact that you literally can't get away from chrome now kinda scares me
This should scare everyone. Even if you like chrome and unironically think you have nothing to hide. Lack of competition = stagnation. We've already seen chrome devs trying to justify their salaries with design regressions and pointless updates, now it will just be worse.

link to spotify not working on firefox?