Qute ftw

I recently discovered qutebrowser which is like Firefox + Tridactyl / vimperator only it supports this kind of functionality without a plugin and feels much snappier. Do you guys like it?

Attached: 2019-01-15_16-14.png (342x94, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/32
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes. it's actually the best browser out there.

>inb4 botnet

its ok
needs a full-featured adblock

it is free software

don't know if it renders everything correctly yet but it is the best in terms of UI experience so far

It does render everything correctly. It uses chrome's web engine which is why many call it botnet. It's fully libre software tho and makes zero connections not requested by users so thankfully it's not
What sucks about it is:
1) Adblocking. There's just a hosts file which tries hard but doesn't succeed wery well.
2) hjkl keybindings don't move webpages on some websites due to popups and js fuckery. happens rarely but makes me wanna kill people when it happens. It's not a browsers fault tho since arrows in other browsers also don't work on those sites.
3) Extension support. There's literally none. It does support userscripts tho, which kinda helps but not really.
Otherwise this is an absolute 10/10 win.
It is ultra comfy and using 'f' to get keyboard shortcuts to link is the most useful thing ever. I can't use different browsers now.

And userscript support (at least with Jow Forums x) is sometimes buggy (this happens in around every 10th thread I visit)

Attached: 2019-01-15-172330_570x391_scrot.png (570x391, 147K)

So basically all it needs is a uBlockOrigin and uMatrix integrated and anti-fingerprinting methods. Since it uses WebKit (or Blink?) it should support addons for safari (or chrome) right?

It needs to have an extension/plugin system (being worked on atm) and some QoL fixes (like a decent fucking file select dialog), but even without that stuff it's got the best UX of any browser.

Nope, QtWebEngine doesn't support Chromium addons (and QtWebKit doesn't support Safari addons).

A Python extension API is currently in the works, after that it should be possible to write something uMatrix-like (or a better adblocker) based on that.

It uses whatever file dialog Qt uses. If you have the necessary stuff installed and do "export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=kde" you get the KDE one, with image previews and all.

How would you install a userscript?
I have no idea

I meant to say the file save dialog, which is custom. My main issue is that tab completion does not insert a trailing slash for folders, so you have to input slashes manually in order to navigate multiple levels.

Also, there's really no convenient way to navigate upwards in the directory tree. Ideally (for me) it would work like helm-find-files.

Check out $HOME/.local/share/qutebrowser
Also /usr/share/qutebrowser

What would that be on Windows?

>Do you guys like it?
>No proper ad-blocking.
>THE worst filepicker in the world
It's shit.

literally bloated dogshit compared to Next Browser

you still have a ~ director on Windows, it's just not in /home, it's usually in \Users\[user]\Appdata\Local or somthing dumb like that

Qute is nice but too bad it doesn't have any equivalents of ublock origin.
If it has one then I'm pretty sure I will use it as my main browser.

No idea. However, if it's implemented in the same way on windows, it should contain a directory named "greasemonkey".
Also, it's the same directory where "blocked hosts" file is, so you can see which file is updated when you run :adblock-update

>Python
Fucking retarded. It'll be as slow as every bloated browser then. Into trash.

>If you have the necessary stuff installed
What's the necessary stuff

Ah, I see. Helm is somewhat closer to how the qutebrowser completion works currently, At some point I'd like to have file selection integrated with that, see github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/32 - as for navigating upwards, you can tab to the ".." entry, or just enter "../" FWIW.

The data path displayed in :version.

What's wrong about the file picker, unless it's what said already?

Python never really was an issue performance-wise (and if it was, there was a good way to fix it), except for startup time on older machines. Note all the heavy lifting (network requests, rendering, etc.) is done by QtWebEngine/Chromium in C++ anyways.

Depends on your distribution. On Arch, it's /usr/lib/qt/plugins/platformthemes/KDEPlasmaPlatformTheme.so in the plasma-integration package I think.

>What's wrong about the file picker, unless it's what said already?
No previews. At all. Worse than GTK+ filepicker.
You literally have to fool it into using KDE dialogue.