CLI/TUI Bread

Post your favorite CLI/TUI tool, and tell mi frens why you like it so much.

Attached: calcurse-config.png (600x350, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/eteran/edb-debugger
cgdb.github.io/
stackoverflow.com/questions/38803783/how-to-automatically-refresh-gdb-in-tui-mode
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gdb

it just werkz

"layout asm" is buggy as fuck on gdb

emerge

TUI inside a desktop terminal emulator is just like a GUI, but with poor text rendering and element separation.

>buggy
elaborate

the point is that it can be ran on a tty if you want (or over ssh which would be a more common usage)
also, even if it runs on an emulator, its usually much faster than a gtk program for example

well when I tried to use it sometimes the borders got glitchy when stepping through instructions, going backwards is a mess, I've had the screen go completely blank many times until restart, and other issues that made me stop using it.
I use edb now, which is much better
github.com/eteran/edb-debugger

cgdb.github.io/

>Qt
bloat

Ctrl+L or stackoverflow.com/questions/38803783/how-to-automatically-refresh-gdb-in-tui-mode

Wordgrinder, because I don't need a fucking office suite just to write some text and stuff like Abiword is horribly buggy on Linux.
Although FocusWriter deserves a honorable mention. It's great for a simple word processors with a proper GUI.

Attached: wordgrinder.png (804x460, 30K)

price to pay for a good looking program
thanks for the tip, I dont use it much more anyway since I use edb and IDAs frontend to gdb. But as you can see its a common problem.

Tldr

does it support caldav synchronization?

pajeet pls go

emacs

C-Kermit is one that I love but isn't very popular. It does serial and telnet, does terminal emulation and text encoding conversion, does file transfer, and can wrap an SSH session for inline file transfer in both directions. The old Windows GUI port (Kermit 95) is dead, but C-Kermit is in Debian-main so you can use it in WSL. MS-Kermit, the very old DOS port, is fine too except for lack of SSH support.

Wordgrinder has been ported to Haiku. There's also an open PR to build it for Termux (apt/dpkg GNU environment for Android, no root required).

I need an text editor that can do tree style view a.k.a directory hierarchy

This

Emacs and Vim both have plugins for this.
>b-but key bindings
Learn one and shut up.

Any vim plugin for this?

I think I am jumping to Emacs. Just the org-mode is reason enough.

Holy shit, get your eyes checked. Reread the post you're replying to.

I just installed mps-youtube and it seems quite slick. Searching for something and adding it with the -a flag sets it to audio online which is nice. I'm not yet sure how it handles DRM flagged content, from what I can see it refuses to load livestreams in an audio online format. I can get the stream audio online through mpv doing --no-video but I assume its still downloading the relevant video data in such use case and discarding it.

Any Emacs file manager with text preview?

How's Haiku? I remember it having some larger release not too long ago, but never really looked into it.

It's very comfy aside from the poor hardware support. IPv6 and HiDPI are in the works, so if we can get someone to create 3D acceleration support it'll be a real contender.

Perhaps I'll check it out in a VM. Thanks, user.

just press C-o in dired?

Mmm, okay

If you scroll past _start in a binary gdb will crash, or at least it does for me and some of my freinds,.

try cgdb