G-sync/freesync/adaptive sync battle report

g-sync/freesync/adaptive sync battle report

This is the day, nvidia cards now ofifcially suport freesync monitors, more or less

come one fags, let's provide some possibly useful info for each other

does it work

Retardproof guide: pcgamesn.com/nvidia/how-to-enable-freesync-nvidia-graphics-card-gsync-compatible
includes drivers link and the pendulum demo

will start with mine below

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9XLzAvNTA1Mjk2L29yaWdpbmFsL2dzeW5jLXZzLWZyZWVzeW5jLnBuZw==[1]. (500x208, 16K)

iiyama G-Master GB2730QSU - yes it does
although the 48-75hz range is nothing to write home about it seems to be working perfectly fine, no bliking or other shit

Attached: iiyama582[1].jpg (582x504, 62K)

AOC G2460PF with gtx 1080
yes, pendulum and the pattern test worked fine.

>This is the day, nvidia cards now ofifcially suport freesync monitors, more or less
>more or less

>t. less

>novideo datamine thread in disguise
pathetic

>novideo cant into VESA standards for some reason

ching chong my ding dong

Attached: 1510229578075.png (403x448, 53K)

Samsung C24FG70

I always had problems with going above 120 hz although it's advertised as a 144 hz monitor. Somewhere I read that the 144 hz option wasn't completely developed and is stuck in some kind of beta state. I should have sent it in but I was too lazy to go through the whole process so I just stuck with 120 hz.

When I activate gsync it doesn't offer an option that is below 144 hz so the flickering starts again. I have to restart my monitor when I start one of these testing programs like the Nvidia pendulum to make it work. It still doesn't look that convincing. I just went back to my old settings.

so if you run this pendulum and still get a bit of stuttering/tearing?

In my case yes. It's not bad but noticeable.

But that doesn't mean gsync as such doesn't work or?

Try using RTSS and set the max fps to around 115.

It works but not 100% I feel. I read some posts by people who can't even activate gysnc inside this Nvidia pendulum test program. For these people it does clearly not work at all. I also first though it didn't work for me but then I read a post somewhere that you have to restart your monitor and I could see the effects. So I had a good comparison of how it looks like when it doesn't work. It still has some stutters and some flickering when gysnc is chosen and running.

Couldn't you change the range via the EDID with CRU?

Thanks for the tipp. I will try it. With freesync activated my monitor settings won't let me choose any hz settings at all anymore which seems to be normal with freesync I guess. The Nvidia control panel also only offers one option which is 144hz and my monitor struggles with that. So this could come in handy.

Thanks. I will also try that.

to check if the sync is working at all the best way is probably launching some game or the pendulum demo (keep in mind to keep the fps in the supported range) and using your OSD

Attached: monitor-osd[1].jpg (620x457, 59K)

Why are you posting pictures of yourself here?

Nvidia is also an American company you retard.
Both AMD and Nvidia are lead by Taiwanese though.

Why are there so many retards here on Jow Forums?
Well, I am asking for the reasons, not that I am surprised by the fact there are so many here, when you think about all the shitty tech vids on YT that are shilled here like Linus.

You can also look into how to create custom resolutions on the nvidia settings program. The UI is a clusterfuck but you can create custom res+hz combinations.

I'll try it out my cheap gook Qnix 4k Monitor I got in 2016 that's supposedly freesync compatible. Don't have much hope, but we'll see.

I think the range is something small like 48-75 hz, but since I'm using a 2080 I really only need it for the ocassional dips below 60fps.

>1080Ti
>try to new driver.
>blue screen.
>DDU
>Then driver installation says 'Driver doesn't support your current version of windose'.
>1809

I was happy I could finally enjoy my 4K freesync panel, but now I'm sad.
VII it is then. Will probably sell this shit for less than 500€bucks.

Weird. Im using it on 1709 pro with mostly no issues.

u2515h reporting in.
I successfully set up 28hz and 80hz resolution profiles via CRU and added freesync range 28-80, but g-sync just doesn't work. No monitor technology option, no gsync tab. Windows 7 btw. I guess you can't expect leatherjacketman to not fuck things up even once.

I know, I've been looking at forums, and it looks like a me only issue.
As I understand it, 1809 is not a forced update, so that might be why, but what gives?
Anyways, I'm going for the next AMD because it will be the same with freesync.
And I know it will just work, if you allow the pun here.

Asus MG279q -works, partially works above 90hz didn't test it properly it gets weird there.
things to make it work perfectly- 1)set to 90hz, 2)limit fps, 3)in 3d settings set refresh rate to application controlled

I feel you. This is my first time updating gpu driver on my 1070 in like 1.5 years and I'm surprising the installer didn't even crash and installed at 1st try. I expected it to crash like 2-3 times before succeeding. Though I might get black screens and driver crashes again, it's novideo after all.

Triggered, eh?

Attached: 1510231656543.png (645x773, 10K)

Thanks. This option worked for me. I think I clicked on it before today trying to resolve that problem but it first shows you a huge warning that you can destroy your monitor so I stopped there. This probably only applies to people who want to overclock their monitors though. I now can run my monitor at 120 hz. Thank you and thanks to all anons in this thread who helped me. I'm glad it works smoothly now.

did you enable it in monitor OCD?

The monitor doesn't officially support it so no. I enabled it through CRU though and CRU is a reliable tool, added resolutions work perfectly.

works fine on 1809

resolution =/= VRR
if monitor doesn't support VRR -GPU won't see it.

it doesn't work on w7.

I'm really really sad.
Recently, I was playing Shadow of the tomb raider, and it was meh at 4K.
40-50 fps or so. Getting it to 60 fps by lowering settings didn't seem to work well for some reason.
That's when I heard jacketman tell us we would have freesync and I was hyped.
Will have to wait 3 more weeks and get to sell my 1080Ti before I can even play the game comfortably.
Vega 2 actually launches at the exact time I need it.

Operational on LG 32UD89?

Attached: file.png (1600x940, 1.28M)

It was mostly a CRT thing. Never heard of an LCD breaking because of the wrong frequencies.

So that's not it.
I have no clue why it won't install.
tried DDU twice in recovery mode and it did nothing.
What a fucking waste of time.

It's not like GPU magically knows what my display supports or not. Driver reads it from EDID. CRU is a tool for editing EDID.
Maybe there's a minimal requirement for refresh rate, if there is I suppose it should be around 90 Hz. Maybe I'll try increasing the range (even though my display can't go over 80 lmao).

That's a meme, there is nothing said about it on nvidia page

it would be a meme if at least one w7 user could enable it.

>Windows 10, and Pascal or later GPUs required
for G-SYNC Compatible displays.
Fuck leatherjacketman it's real. Wtf, they didn't even mention it in release notes, you have to look into the fucking nvidia control panel guide. That's just scam.

I hope you got full administrative control of OS. I don't know how you people fuck it up, but some of you on install restrict yourself.

What happens if I enable freesync and the fps drops below the range on my monitor?

Is the game/monitor going to shit its pants and do something crazy or will it just be like a normal fps drop until it gets back in the range.

I've never had issue updating drivers.
I didn't touch anything in windows setup.
Why would it suddenly fuck up?

Also, btw, installing older drivers didn't trigger anything.

I am not very sure but it either tears or gets increased input lag like vsync. It shouldn't piss the bed anyway.

Bottom line: there's no reason to buy AMD GPUs any longer since Nvidia supports Freesync too now

it doubles refresh rate for me, my max 90hz so it happened maybe once
it's a little unclear, my range is 35-90, but I think driver counts it as 48-144(i limit fps to 90 so it wouldn't freak, it did at first but no flicker).
so when fps drop to say 35, refresh rate is 70hz.
so it got it's issues, it's not like running FS natively on AMD card, but it mostly nvidia being lazy/greedy and not including enough monitors into driver

you sure not running 32bit OS? it installed no issues for me first try

winver

Attached: 2019-01-15.png (460x423, 19K)

If your monitor supports LFC it will simply repeat frames to stay within range.
If it doesn't, Freesync will stop until you get back in range. In that case, you may or may not experience some symptoms.

wait, it doesn't say 64 bits.
But I know it is.

Attached: 2019-01-15 (1).png (1236x619, 42K)

How bad is it that you both have my email and product key in both screenshots?

why must nvidia pander to the shitsync plebs?
I'll gladly pay a premium for a monitor sync that actually works

Probably flickering. Dunno if there's an option to switch to regular vsync under X fps.

right click on start button -system

It says 64 bits. I know that's what I ordered, and that's what it shows.
Just having bad luck for some reason.
I can't think of any third party software that would prevent installation.
Anyway, been at it for 4 hours, so AMD it is.

How big of a deal is it? I want to get a 1440p monitor but I currently have a GTX 1070/3770K/1080p setup and I would probably see a 30% decrease in FPS due to change in resolution.

>Using your ISP provided mail address
Very bad

nah, that's an old one, and I don't use it anymore.
Was more worried about product ID.
Have another license in case, but should I contact microsoft?

Seems a lot of these displays only work in very restricted and fairly low hz ranges. I still want to grab one just because ive hear sync is great to have, but I'm a bit worried there won't be a freesync option that is actually worth the cost. Much luck at solid 1440p screens? Either VA or IPS anyone?

product ID is not the same as registration code, you can't just type it in to register windows
can't guarantee you're safe, but I personally have no idea what I could do with it

Anyone have a AOC G2460VQ6? Out of town until Thursdayand want to know the results.

>nvidia cards now ofifcially suport freesync monitors
no they don't. they left out maxwell. unless the next few drivers fix it they've lost a customer for life.

testing my 34UC98-W

reporting back soon

Attached: 91-+nk-BIJL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 227K)

Can't really do anything with it, the product ID is just an identifier for your PC after you enter the product key. You can't "use" it.

You can delete the image or post though, press the white square by your post then scroll to the bottom, in the right corner there is a delete post/file option.

>Seems a lot of these displays only work in very restricted and fairly low hz ranges
a lot of them are cheap-ass ones, so if the max refresh rate is 75hz you can't really expect the range to be spectacular

Anyway fuck this shit, I'm out.
Driver won't install, so I'll get the next AMD.
I didn't care for freesync before, but now I do. So I'll do what is right.

Yeah, I'll do that if it's not too late.

why should they update legacy hardware?

because they support gsync, the less powerful a chip is the more it needs it. there's 0% fucking point in freesync if you have a 1080ti and can lock 90fps without issue.

>1080Ti
>playing at 1080p

The world isn't how it looks son.

quality control is all over the place when it comes to Freesync and what's worst it can troublesome to find reliable information about how well the particular monitor you want to buy works with Freesync

pls report anyone with LG.

That's why they made Freesync 2.
Some vendor were actually using it like shit.

AOCG2460PF

Works with the AMD windmill Demo, GSync Pendulum demo and in CEMU, BFV

Why? You can't push 144 FPS in all games at all settings on 1440p with a 1080 Ti, so if you are looking to play at high hz at all times there isn't much of an option.

Seems like the MG279Q fits what I'm looking for and seems to work quite well with the new drivers. That being said, its not THAT much cheaper than the gsync alternatives. Why can't it be like sub 400 like every other freesync monitor. Guess I'll just take it as a sign of quality.

It's working on my LG 32UD59.

you can't see 144fps

Yeah, call me an old fag, but I never bit in that whole high hertz thing.
I fucking played Quake 3 at 25 fps average, back in the days, and didn't have less fun.

The human eye can't see above 30 hz anyway so it don't see the point.

nice try console pleb but none will believe you

That's just how it ran on current hardware at medium when it launched.
You think nowadays games are resources hungry? think again.

you out yourself as a zoomer if you think 60fps was standard on pc prior to 2008.

Well it's a big old meme in most cases, especially after about 90 FPS. The same can be said for resolutions though, beyond UI differences between 1080p and 1440p I have a hard time noticing the difference in games. Obviously a 1440p screen is preferable in other cases, but for gaming I find it to be a meme mostly. 1080p and 4K you will notice a difference easily, 1080p to 1440p not so much if any at all.

Running 4k on a modern GPU is a pipe dream though. At least for anything remotely GPU intensive.

I have a 4K display, so I can tell how much it improves image quality.
I'll take that over high hertz any day.
I'm just sad that I can't freesync, but that's temporary.
Freesync really helps at 4K, between 40-60 Hertz, if you didn't know/guess.

Works great on my Viewsonic XG2401.

Attached: 1495766393523.jpg (1080x1080, 705K)

Doubles of truth.
We used to play games at 20-30 fps ish on PC all the time back then.

I don't think you even need such an option. If frame isn't ready it displays old frame (like vsync). If it exceeds the maximum fps it tears (or drops the frame if fastsync or radeon chill is enabled).

You can easily override the range with CRU. All you need is for your display to support minimum and maximum refresh rates (Even though officially lowest refresh rate for my display is 56Hz it works with 28Hz just fine).

reporting back doesn't work on 34UC98-W

gtx 1080, i7 7700k

Was thinking about upgrading for a couple months to a higher refresh monitor, excited to see what's gonna work best for my 1070

Any suggestions so far? I'm not buying anything soon but curious what's looking good, preferably 24 or 27 inches.

Attached: 1546642353717.jpg (798x420, 19K)

Not at all, the 2080 Ti is capable of running any modern game at above 60 FPS with all settings maxed at 4K resolution. It should be expected that mid level level GPUs will have this amount of power in roughly 4 years. This is why 1440p is a dead resolution in terms of longevity.

Future 32" 4K will be the good old 24" 1080p.

It's novideo. Most of it's drivers are faulty. You can try updating in a month and it probably will likely even update. But don't ever expect novideo drivers to be stable.

working on my Nixeus monitor

I wouldn't treat something that require s 1500 dollar GPU as "the standard". It'll be 5+ years before that performance gets anywhere near affordable. And replacing a display after 5+ years isn't the end of the world.

Is there any backwards ass way to make this work on my 970? I haven't felt the need to upgrade yet

Can I do this if I have an Nvidia powered laptop? I displayport it to my Freesync monitor. I dont have monitor settings in my control panel. I have the 970m which is compatible with G SYNC though.

You can't be so illiterate to not even know the only purpose of 144 Hz is to fullfill gsync/freesync requirement of refresh rate > fps?