Convince me to not buy an RTX 2080ti and an i9-9900K

Convince me to not buy an RTX 2080ti and an i9-9900K.

I am not some poor poojeet, so is there a reason for me to even consider AMD? Is there ever a reason to consider AMD if you are not poor?

Attached: 608295-image-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-founders-edition-9-jpg.jpg (810x456, 72K)

Buy a 2080 Ti, but wait for the Asus ROG Matrix Infinity Loop 2080 Ti

Better buy Talos II workstation with IBM POWER9 processors.

What're you using it for? Judging by your post quality, it seems that you're a /v/tard so go ahead and get the 9900K so you can burn down your house with all that SINGLEL COAR PERFORMANS MAYNE

>Convince me to not buy an RTX 2080ti and an i9-9900K.
I literally can't, unless you're building something very specific which isn't a full tower gaymen build.

>buying a 4 year old CPU architecture right before Ryzen 3
>not waiting for Rypoo 3 and/or Sunny Cove

It's like buying a P4 right before Conroe

>sunny cope

idk, not being poor doesn't mean you have to throw money away

Who knows, maybe it'll be good.
I'm not upgrading until both are on the table.

history repeats

given your post quality you're better off buying a playstation 4.

if you want to do any real work you're better off getting a threadripper, the i9-9900k is a so expensive consumer child part that you can get into adult workstation territory.

don't forget to set some money aside for a comfy chair and a mechanical keyboard and a good 4k monitor too. no point in having a high-end GPU if you're going to use a 1080p TN panel.

Just buy it and go away.

Radeon vii
:^)

You should get a i9-9980XE and Quadro 6000.

You mean 9990XE.
Get bidding goyim.

>Asus ROG Matrix Infinity boot Loop 2080 Ti

your loss.

Well, that's fine if you don't care about money.
Just that you're gonna have to upgrade to 16 cores zen2 later this year if you want max performance for playing Fortnite.

>buying a $1400 graphics card and $500 cpu to play video games
I don't care go back to /v/ and reaffirm your terrible spending habits there. Just remember you are buying "high-quality" computer parts to act like a child.

Attached: 1485979003865.png (600x681, 522K)

>buying the 9900 Kelvin CPU

Attached: 1528292848450.jpg (811x1024, 223K)

If you're spending that much, why are you getting a mid-range CPU when Zen 2 is around the corner?

If you have money to burn, why not? Go crazy.

I mean if you have enough money to do so comfortably and at the same time have enough time to game the whole day long on a 1440p/144hz monitor, sure.

If you want the absolute best $$$ graphics for epic gaymurs then AMD indeed hasn't been a factor for the past... 3 years or so. But Zen 2 will in all probability beat the 9900k pretty handily, if you want to wait another 5, 6 months.

Not OP here, I'm tempted to go for a 4k monitor and a 2080Ti, but I'm worried that the cards value will drop like a rock soon.
Is it a good time?

Actually, at almost half the price, Vega VII looks like a bargain.
You're never gonna use that raytracing at 4K anyways.

Depends on what games you're gonna be playing.
If you need high fps, dont go with rtx. It takes a massive shit on your frames. Wait a couple months for the leaked 11 series Same specs, you just save 300 bucks.

If you dont really care about frames but the graphics, go for rtx.

Do it faggot.

Sponsor these huge techno companies that will spend your money on boosting more cheap solutions development.

I'm poor, so it's YOU who have to sponsor this techno researches via buying overpriced products

You're worried that normal consumer-grade computer parts will rapidly drop in value? That's to be expected, even in this age. As soon as that card is running in your computer, expect it to be worthless. Of course it isn't, but that's how you need to approach this. If you're not okay with your new $1400 card being worth literally zero dollars on arrival, don't do it.

On the other hand, if you have the money and having such components is part of your hobby, go for it.

Do it man. CPU's have hit the wall and the only thing they can do now is add more cores which you are covering with that tasting 8 core. Just in case games ever actually use them. The 2080 Ti I wouldn't be so confident for. I'd get a 1080 Ti instead and wait for the next gen of Nvidia GPUs to see if any of the the new features mature and become useful by then.

if you're not a poorfaggot then SLI 2 RTX Titans, or 2 RTX Quadros if you're not a pussy newfaggot.

I have the 2080ti with a ryzen 2700x. sorta regret not getting the 8700K at the time, but i didn't want to delid like a fucking caveman.

anyway OP don't worry about what the poors think. get the best gear.

>be this guy
>negative iq
>sees loop in product name
>"HA BOOT LOOP"
>gottem.mp3

waiting 5 months for equal gaming performance from AyyyMD sounds stupid to me.

if you want the best of the best(and have the money) then go for it . don t listen to these retards. right now the top of the top is 9900k and 2080ti.

If you work a full time job and don't spend half your monthly income on rent/mortgage, then I will not judge you but rather applaud you. Every successful adult has an expensive hobby.

Or you can be poor and crazy at the same time, g4560 + RX480 Stronk !!

B A S E D

What a faggot reaponse. It's human nature to chase the best experiences possible in anything that interests you. If gaming is your thing, why the fuck wouldn't you burn some cash to enjoy it more?

>RTX 2080ti
AMD has no competition.

>9900K
Ryzen 3600 beat it in Engineering Sample @ half the TDP. Thats huge.

AMD's GPU/CPU are in polar opposite situations right now.

OP you should definitely buy that CPU. i mean, it costs a lot of money so it must be good, right? You aren't poor are you? You should buy that to prove you aren't poor.

Attached: 1ui5hJx.jpg (1452x892, 194K)

Huh, it's almost like if you wanna talk about gaming you should go to a different board. It's not like we get a new retard here everyday asking us to validate his gaming rig. Oh wait. We do.

Build a custom loop at least.

op didn't want to talk about gaming. he wanted people to give actually compelling reasons not to buy the actual best consumer technology for playing games on a computer. instead, he got a bunch of poor perma-virgin autistic neets REEEEing about how they don't have money to afford what he does

in fact, I bet op is one of those neets and is just trolling people. if you have the money to burn then spend it on your hobby or however you think it will make you happy. its like saying jayz2cents shouldn't build his skunkworks because you can't afford it and it makes you mad

ring bus still better for the games, but there is actually a compelling reason to get AMD cpus now. I got me a covfefee lake 8700k before intel became more of a shit and bumped prices. radeon please make a halo product that steps with whatever xx80ti chip. please

Ringbus is most likely a myth. The real advantage Intel has is their latency and the higher clock speeds. Zen 2 is supposed to fix both of those.

Buy it, just downclock to 4.6ghz on the 9900k, i bet it will be faster than any ryzen at everything and it will not burn your house down. Also games are always have some nvidia bias so its weird that you even ask if you can buy a RTX 2080Ti, AMD still sucks specially those salty "fanboys"

I've also seen that ryzen chips have much better frame times, but I may be conflating that with radeon gpus
I think older battlefield games (at least before BFV) favored amd. CoD favors amd last I checked. seeing as the vast majority of steam gamers use 1080p 60hz or WORSE (there are still plebs using 720p) amd is plenty viable

for better or worse I got a predator x34 just after it came out. I like it, but now I'm locked to nvidia because amd doesn't have anything that can drive this. on the bright side I won't need another monitor until oled monitors become a thing. every time I see a samsung phone the contrast and the colors are just amazing

>Convince me to not buy an RTX 2080ti and an i9-9900K.
There will be a 7nm 2080Ti refresh in 2019.

You're only buying it because it's the hip new thing. You know damn well you could do the same shit with an i7 and a 1060 or something.

Imagine being such a vapid human being that you have to brag about how rich you are on a vietcong barrel summoning forum

Attached: 1540326365820.jpg (720x540, 31K)

shut up you're poor

>you could do the same shit with an older and worse piece of silicone

if by the same you mean at a lower resolution, lower graphical settings, and about 1/5 the framerate, then yes, you could do the same things with a 1060 as you could with a 2080ti

poorfags jesus fucking christ

Sure, go for the 2080ti. AMD isn't going to release a contender anytime soon so it's definitely going to top the charts for at least a few years.
9900k on the other hand is probably not a good idea. Hardly any games are CPU bottlenecking on 8th gen, and the 9900k is a bitch to keep cool above 5.1ghz. I would suggest you stick with your current cpu unless it's going to horribly bottleneck a 2080ti. If so, then you might want to wait for ryzen 3xxx chips to show up before upgrading.

I can do the same thing on my Pentium with Intel® HD Graphics

Don't be such an egotistical moron and brag about your riches and good fortune on MY Jow Forums

Stop kvetching, dumb shiksa, and get the card already.

kekd

Mojave Hackintosh, Nvidia dun goofed.

Rtx 2080 is the same performance as 1080ti and might be cheaper than a used 1080ti. It also has R A Y T R A C I N G

get an 8086k and a 4k monitor, and you're probably have a use case for a 2080ti

but desu calling AMDjeets poorfags isn't the most true.

Hopefully Vega 7 is actually reasonable, I'll probably snag one because I too am not a poorfag and I have no desire to buy a RTX card, but I wanna do 4k vr at some point and having more memory will help with that more than more cuda cores and sheeeeiit

also it's gonna go in an all-amd system. My 8086k/1080ti watercooled build is defs my main rig.

op probably calls his pc his "battlestation"

Attached: Optionsfield.png (114x87, 1K)

1080p 60fps actually is all you need.

I do not want for more or need more. It's still visually impressive in the games that go for it. You save on parts and will save on electricity as well. Staying in the 1080p range is like discovering the secret to affordable pc gaming.

Attached: albedooverlord11223841280x0.jpg (1280x704, 62K)

>60fps is all you need
fuck off

>he fell for the delid meme

You don't need it at all for gaming.

OP i think you should go for it

I'm afraid I must put my foot down here. There is no discernible benefit to be observed when this standard is exceeded.

Do you game in a room that exceeds 30C at all?

It's not discernable to the retarded

t. 1440p/120hz

Buy 9980x and 2x 2080 ti instead

Imagine buying a $1200+ gpu then skimping out on the cpu to save 100 bucks by buying haswell level single core perf poozen

>60fps
At 60 fps, your eye still gives things "motion blur", but at 120 fps things are refreshing so fast that they feel like real objects instead of you looking at a moving picture. With your logic, 12 fps is good enough if animated smoothly.

>1080p
This is true for now, but eventually 4K will become the reference resolution for most games and you'll feel like I did playing a game designed for 1080p on a 1024x768 screen.

1080p 60fps actually is all (You) need, but this is neither a universal thing nor a sustainable thing.

No I highly recommend it. Don’t forget nvme ram and a platinum psu to really do it correctly. You can actually hear the money burn as it powers the performance. Nerds within a 50 mile radius will convulse uncontollably being in the vicinity of the immense waste combined with a sense hidden jealousy. What a glorious feeling.

>P4 before Conroe
Ocean Cove will be the next Conroe which is expected 2023 or later, consumer desktop Ice Lake is coming next year and 3rd gen Ryzen might still be behind in single core/thread performance so there's no need to cling on the Just Wait™ meme.

Less than a cunt hair of a percent of gamers are even using 4k monitors. 4k has been the most slowly adopted resolution upgrade of all time. It's all thanks to the cost of a new display, the fact that most people wait until their current display dies before they upgrade, and the expense of obtaining hardware that can output 4k.

And the inbetween resolution is just being ignored.

Yep, and i am on air, no NEED for delid for gaming. Sure it can be nice having ridiculously low temps, but unless you don't do heavy stuff like blender very often is not worth it imo

Attached: 2qv4x2.jpg (491x550, 62K)

For that price you can get 2 1080 tis and an HEDT platform.

Source on that?

No reason not to.

My ASUS 1080 ti sucks ass
Crashes all the time, and doesn't play nice with my RAM

Dual channel will always look poor. Go for hedt instead.

I'm personally waiting for Z399 because I don't like the current offerings.

only if you really need 4k GPU right now, otherwise i'd wait for 7nm nvidia, that one should be good if even vega shrink can match 2080 with it