Stop wasting your time and learn BASH SCRIPTING

Stop wasting time and start studying BASH Scripting, one of the most recommended and useful programming languages, as well as intuitive and easy to learn, do not miss this opportunity.

I always program in bash in my ubuntu GNU / Linux distro which I have installed in my virtual machine in my apple mac.

Attached: greg34t54g.png (728x450, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/falzm/burl/blob/master/burl
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is a joke rite?

why ???

OP is prolly joking because he's some autistic faggot, but unironically correct. BASH scripting is a great introduction to programming where you get to learn the fundamentals of programming while being able to see tangible results from your first couple of programs.

>Bash
>Programming
It's a useful scripting language to learn since it's a common unix shell. But just take the next step and learn fucking python

I know bash, shell, python, java, c, haskell and many more languages yet I'm unemployed. Why?
>they are all hello world
No they are not, some are pretty complex applications. I know things about networks and others. Yet I'm unemployed

How to find a job?

python was designed for children with autistic problems, just look at the design of the logo and its colors, jesus, that's fucking autistic.

>everything is considered a file
>everything acts like a pipe
lol no

Bash scripts are an embarrassment of a programming. They suck so much even for their niche purpose.

1. it's a scripting language
>my ubuntu GNU / Linux distro which I have installed in my virtual machine in my apple mac

its syntax doesn't look like that of common programming languages, so it's not a "great introduction to programming"

still better than python

>ubuntu
> vm in apple mac

ok

Are you retarded? Bash is a scripting language and it's purpose is to glue different programs together. Bash on itself is pretty fucking useless.

bash is ok for scripts of no more than 20 lines or so

more than that and you're better off with perl or python or something

you have a degree?

no, bash is one of the most recommended and useful programming languages, as well as intuitive and easy to learn

Try to do a http request with bash.

>perl

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-15 22-59-14.png (389x328, 174K)

Yes, a master's in computer science and mathematics

You mean js+node

lies..,
its shit and to actually code like a real language you have to use hacks.

>what is curl

Name one example

I still think shell (not bash though) is nice to learn to appreciate the value of scoping rules and structured programming
As a glue language shell is pretty good and you can automate many stuff quicker than other languages
It's a nice skill to have

wew.. your life sucks

>he thinks merit alone is enough to lad a job
if your shorter than 5'10, dont have an active facebook, instagram, and linked in with at least 200 friends, neither have a car nor a drivers license, give off any social reservation or anxiety you can kiss your job goodbye since your basically an incel at that point

Attached: 1545415317135.png (318x363, 124K)

Curl is written in C. Please provide a library which is written in Bash.

>t. person w room temperature IQ

>293 Kelvin

>as well as intuitive and easy to learn

"he said with a straight face"

Just do it, user. Im waiting.

>if your shorter than 5'10,
I'm 6'
>dont have an active facebook, instagram, and linked in with at least 200 friends,
I "have" a fb with 9 "friends" and zero activity, pictures, likes, etc
>neither have a car nor a drivers license,
I have a driver's license
>give off any social reservation or anxiety
I give a vibe of no confidence
>you can kiss your job goodbye since
It's not fair, I just want a job
>your basically an incel at that point
I'm a 30+ virgin

I had a job once but things happened
I learned more since then but my life got ruined

>BASH scripting is a great introduction to programming
"no"

unironically not

> syntax is basically C
> doesn't look like common programming languages

You autistic fucks are the worst.

>I'm a 30+ virgin
That's the problem. In your CV or meetings you probably will say that you're neither married nor have kids. You've a creep aura around you.

why would anyone write a library in a scripting language user? I don't get your point.

>In your CV or meetings you probably will say that you're neither married nor have kids
Funny you mention that because in my last interview the bitch regected me because I am not married and I don't have kids
>You've a creep aura around you
I haven't killed anyone, I haven't made any crime, why should I get punished and rejected like that?? Just give me a chance!

>30+ virgin
>no confidence
like clockwork
if you are above 25 and single while looking for a job its absolutely crucial that you act confidently, otherwise you come off as a possible pedo or creep
confidence and humor usually outweigh most merits and experiences

> >syntax is basically C
are you retarded? there is no single fuckin similarity

>why would anyone write a library in a scripting language user?
Read the awk book, it will blow your mind

github.com/falzm/burl/blob/master/burl

It doesn't look as bad as I thought, so you're both retarded.

I did, I have a good command of various uniz tools faggot. But it didn't blow my mind, it's still a cool language tho.

>I haven't killed anyone, I haven't made any crime, why should I get punished and rejected like that?? Just give me a chance!
I'm in the same boat. But I'm younger than you so I keep lying about having a gf.

Here's your (You) because I agree.

I feel like the limit is somewhere around 400-500 lines. Then it gets tedious.

Is this compliant with the full HTTP/1.1 standard? Also where's the http/2 standard.

>changing the goal posts
The only requirement was
>try to do a http request with bash

>#!/bin/bash
>for ((i = 0 ; i < 100 ; i++)); do
>echo "Like this you faggot!: $i"
>done

I have written a bash script of 1000 lines.
It was still a front-end to some other programs but it had a zenity like ui, signal traps and clean-up on exit, some basic mathematics. It looks messy but it works. I wouldn't do it again now but it helped me learn shell scripting

>not just echo {0..100}

Yes, but I doubt this will work for a request with a code 302.

we use curly braces in C sweetie

>a http request
You never said "all" http requests

it doesn't even support HTTPS

>BASH
More like bloat. No other sh supports BASH either.

Python sucks ass. It's always missing 5 billion different dependency modules that it never tells you about.
There are better interpreted languages than Python.

Its not as readable as BASH either.

Attached: image0.gif (480x270, 780K)

it was more in response to the "no single fucking similarity" bit.

on a side note: wasn’t there a website you could send a request via curl to, specifying a programming language and get a short how-to for that language as a response?

Bash is worth learning for devops

Well then, it's just fucking worlds apart then, isn't it?

>More like bloat. No other sh supports BASH either.
This guy knows what's up
Use dash
>man bash
utter unreadable garbage
>man dash
actually makes sense

You don't need bash (((improvements))), dash is better for scripts
Bash is better for interactive use tho

Attached: openlogo-nd.png (322x400, 20K)

I did too, that's why I'm saying it gets tedious after 400-500 lines. Just recently I rewrote such a script in Python and while it's far from being perfect because of my unfamiliarity with the new language, it's still much more maintainable than the original.

Learn x in y ?

h4xx0r here. ask me anything

What do you use instead of arrays?

Or just use python. Better libraries and a better language. All major distros have it pre-installed.

>there are people on Jow Forums right now who don't know how to use bash

> fprintf(stderr, "yes it is")
> echo 'yes it is' >&2

I have no idea how to do conditionals or prompts with POSIX-only shells such as DASH.
I assume you use a separate program for those?

"$@” and functions

As a bonus it forces you to use structural programming and make the script (more) maintainable

I also use local when using variables inside functions to introduce proper scoping rules

pic related is the original author of bash, what do you expect from a n*gger?

Attached: 575px-BrianJFox.png (575x768, 592K)

And a custom $IFS when it makes sense

Shell scripting is cool but it has limits, when you feel dash is not enough bash is not the answer, use python or some other shit

>but my life got ruined
Okay well start by overcoming your negativity, then figure put what your potential employers need from you. If you do a job interview that doesnt go well, you can ask for feedback afterwards "is there anything you think I should work on, or something you'd like to see more of?"

you just need to be competent, you're not striving to be alpha as fuck, especially not for a tech job.

for code in {0..255}; do echo -e "\e[38;05;${code}m $code: Test"; done

if you cant do this you are retarded

>echo -e
Use printf

Anyone using bash when you there is zsh and fish is an idiot.

People who recommend bash are the same people who think GNU is an operating system