I thought you said AMD had good drivers

I thought you said AMD had good drivers.

This is the most piece of shit software I have ever used in my memory. Constant crashes, freezes, BSOD and just now my fucking screen just went black. Deleting and reinstalling the fucking thing does nothing.

Maybe Nvidia wasn't so bad after all. I'm thinking about returning it and getting a RTX 2060.

Attached: DH020-01.png.jpg (997x523, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/amd-3000-series-picasso-apu-ryzen,38290.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There only “good” because there modern and pretty
This is legitimately some people’s argument

I don't know user. Works fine on my machine, and I'm running a potatoe.

consider installing gentoo

i ditched amd because of this
constant crushes
cant manage shit with that switchable graphics shit
not so clear shit about overclocking so i used MSI after burner
also VULKAN is a meme
seriously amd will always be trash
>>so you support goy
I will and always will support SHIT that its just werks over anything I throw at it
intel 4720HQ and gtx950 4gb user
t.previous amd shill

Never crashed on me, starts up fast even.

> good drivers
> crashes, freezes, BSOD and just now my fucking screen just went black
Sounds like a faulty card tbqh.

>Always Making Duds

>Constant crashes, freezes, BSOD and just now my fucking screen just went black
Sounds like you have a faulty graphics card>Deleting and reinstalling the fucking thing does nothing.
>Maybe Nvidia wasn't so bad after all. I'm thinking about returning it and getting a RTX 2060.
And possibly a faulty brain too.

AMD has best open source GPU drivers, it's just that your OS is shit.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-15_22-16-07.png (1920x1080, 2.09M)

AMD is the only one to have open source drivers. That's why people go for AMD cards on Loonix.
Nvidia is still the king driver wise and more generally, software wise.

AMD being based confirmed

Attached: 1382569959395.png (558x373, 24K)

It's the driver that is constantly crashing and freezing. And it makes no sense even when it does function. It shows me using way less power running at max clock only vs using dynamic speed.

And it constantly underclocks itself with power limit set to 50 and temps at fucking 50.

This is the most cringe software I've ever used. Wish I could just use MSI afterburner.

amdgpu driver on linux is freaking awesome.

No, Intel has the best Linux drivers. Too bad they don't make dedicated GPUs.

I've heard the same argument about the Nvidia control panel.
AMD drones claim it's outdated because it looks like XP tier UI.
Normalfags seem to think shiny=better

>This is the most piece of shit software I have ever used in my memory. Constant crashes, freezes, BSOD and just now my fucking screen just went black. Deleting and reinstalling the fucking thing does nothing.
This is exactly my experience with novideo (except for BSODs, didn't have those for a while). Radeon worked flawlessly though.

Actually feel like i made a mistake getting this vega 56. Finding a decent wattman setting feels like a fucking science project.

I still have time to return it. Should i do it?

I just want ubuntu to not screen tear and show my mouse as 1 second behind where it should be when being moved across the screen
r9 380 can't even allow me to play 480p videos larger than a fifth of my screen without them stuttering

i hear you bro, but there's high probability the card is dying like my R9 270x after years of service.

Waiting for 2060 to drop prices in my country then i'll probably go for 1060 6gb/ rx580 8gb or even 2060 if its a good price

Otherwise i think nvidia has some quirky drivers as well you just have to look at cost/benefit, and RMA card if it doesnt deliver.

Alao some manufacturers like ASRock are cheaper for a reason, they work or dont, high chance for hit or miss scenario.

intel drivers are quite shit for a while now. AMD caught up with them and surpassed them quite a while ago

My experience with AMD was them dropping support for fglrx and HD series and letting it die; so now I have to bear with the shitshow that is nvidia proprietary that breaks every update.

Works on my hackintosh machine

Witnessed

I didn't like their drivers in my old POS system, old OS, hdd, basically falling apart. On my new modern build with an ssd the program loads fast and works nicely, and although there is an occasional graphical glitch in games, I'm sure it's about as common as with nvidia.

Also wattman may not be the best but it's easy and comfy.

Clean install with ddu on older drivers.

People with nvidia just use the proprietary drivers on Linux, and bsd.

>and caught up
AMD proprietary drivers are still shit on Linux. The open source drivers that aren't made by amd for amd GPUs are the good drivers.

Works on my machine

stop kvetching and just buy it

Attached: .png (922x263, 85K)

>r9 380 can't even allow me to play 480p
You must be sick with a serious case of brainletism.
t. 380 2gb owner who had no problems playing hw accelerated videos on looneex.

Oy. The rich get richer sorry goyim shouls have been ready fo buy at 10am

Attached: Screenshot_20190115-103324_Chrome.jpg (1440x1950, 448K)

>The open source drivers that aren't made by amd
Both amdgpu and radeon are made by amd employees, fucking brainlet.

What do you mean? Theey seem very competent to me! Nothing like back when... every year.

Attached: Untitled 1.jpg (622x127, 32K)

New recomended is always latest stable.

>All these tech illiterates
How bad do you have to be to cause a crash holy shit.

I dont care. This is some fucking embarassingly amateur hour shit.

your winblows program isn't a driver

1.) Are you using BETA drivers? If so, don't.
2.) Did you use DDU to uninstall the previous drivers in safe mode before installing the new ones? If you didn't, do that.
3.) Did you update windows? If so, do that.
4.) Is your card throttling and/or hitting 90+C? If so dust the GPU heatsink with canned air and replace the stock TIM with a pea sized amount of AS5.
5.) Do you have enough RAM? Most modern games will max out 8GB on windows and cause it to max out the virtual RAM in some cases. Only solution is get more RAM unfortunately.

As an R9 270, Fury X, and vega 64 owner these are the 4 main problems I had. Another culprit might be a dying HDD with tons of dead sectors in which case I recommend just upgrading to an SSD (they're like $20 per 120GB now).

Attached: AaoL3s4.png (500x732, 304K)

>Known Issues

>Uninstalling Radeon Software may fail to remove Radeon Settings.

Jesus fucking Christ so we're back to having to use driver cleaners? This company has learned NOTHING in 20 fucking years have they.

Now is this REALLY a legitimate consumer or is it, in fact, an Intel shill?

>2.) Did you use DDU to uninstall the previous drivers in safe mode before installing the new ones? If you didn't, do that.

JustAMDthings

never once had to do that with the last 4 video cards I owned (all Nvidia)

Never once had to do that with my amd cards either, your move shill

It's the same problem with nvidia drivers as well, it has to do with trying to remove drivers WHILE they are loaded at boot which windows can fuck up. DDU ensures all settings and pointers to files/drivers are wiped by running windows in safe mode with admin privileges.

You must be fucking new as they come then because historically AMD drivers have worked better when not installed at all.

to be fair, AMD got rid of their old control panel in favor of this one
nvidia just separated advanced controls to stay within control panel which rarely gets updates vs geforce experience which allows for some control but generally is just for the flashy shit

amd should have done the same, but nvidia needs to update control panel under the hood it takes way too long to even open

Is this a windows 10 thing? Thanks win10 for bringing us back to 2005 levels of shit

Must suck being retarded. Always recommend latest stable for normans, nothing can go wrong or break. Gaymer fags can betatest.

>My experience with AMD was them dropping support for [...] HD series and letting it die
huh? it's still being supported. my HD 6750M works great with the open source drivers.
fglrx was shit.

If you're gonna bring the no drivers meme back from the grave then fermi comes back too.

Attached: Nvidia+burns+and+amd+has+no+driver+_ed18e4d8ef34fd70960070dd62d931a3.jpg (1097x550, 139K)

>dropping support for fglrx
Good. fglrx was always 100% shit. Use the opensource radeon drivers for those old cards.

It could be, networking in general has been wonky since windows 8 metro too. This must be why anons are recommending LTSB builds.

man, you can shittalk fermi but the 480 was the shit. A big hot housefire brick, but the shit.

>Get told
>y-y-y-you must be NEW!
lmao get rekt shill

You could get a 1080 Ti on ebay for that much.

Yeah great except AMD is so incompetent they cant even be bothered to label their drivers as Beta or Stable. Those words are not used anywhere on their driver pages.

I want them to success but as always they cant get our of their own way.

My AMD drivers worked perfectly until a windows 10 update downloaded a new version and I got a BSOD loop. After uninstalling the version Win 10 installed, and re-installing the AMD drivers from this September, I am back to stability. I disabled the Win 10 feature for automatic driver updates This may be what happened to you as well.

What is someone who doesn't remember how much of a joke AMD/ATI drivers were besides new as fuck

Works fine for me. Maybe your computer is just shit?

Not like it matters for normal users. It's been brought up many times by r*ddit and AMD hasn't done shit about it. Be glad your drivers work. Nvidia drivers on my 1080ti crashed 3-4 times a day for no reason and it happened for months.

Always worked for me man, maybe you're just shit at computers.

I moved from nvidia to AMD when my $1300 waterforce 1080 ti couldn't even give me 5 FPS in a 3D CAD program

Cut my flight sim FPS in half but not using that too much these days anyway. Atleast the frontier can do work and "game"

Attached: 653D4590-26E7-4D11-8529-F8113A45E4F5.png (640x1136, 1001K)

>I'm thinking about returning it and getting a RTX 2060
What are you waiting for, fag? Jow Forums to convince you otherwise? You should try r/nvidia/ they'll do a better job.

>not getting a flagship 2080 ti

I bet your i5 is an absolute beast

It would really help us, if you told us what you tried to do. I have two PCs running AMD drivers and what you describe never happens.

I've never had the problems you're talking about, sometimes a driver takes forever to install and i have to grab it off the website but i have had to do that with nvidia as well.

In fact, i've never had any freezing, crashing, BSOD's, or black screens on either Nvidia or AMD, what the fuck are you people doing?

I remember one time falling for the "disable virtual RAM lmao" trolling on Jow Forums and it fucked EVERYTHING up. I'd seemingly randomly have crashes and BSODs occasionally. Blamed it on not updating windows, then on my CPU, then on my motherboard chipset drivers, then on my sata cables (even got new ones). I ended up doing a clean install of windows and only when I went to disable virtual memory again did I spend 120 eons pondering if I should leave it on.

I am not a smart man.

Attached: 1512844825117.png (421x421, 281K)

They are, fucking retard. 18.12.2 is stable, 19.1.1 is optional.

Attached: 2019-01-16_12-00-44.png (780x508, 26K)

Bait thread

hello nvidia marketing team

Yesterday I thought new AMD drivers was faulty because screen started showing green screen randomly after the update. But then I realized it was my spastic leg under the table touching hdmi cable was causing the problem. Why is hdmi made so flimsy?

If you think that is bad try the drivers of the first gen ryzen apus they are fucked

works on my machine

Attached: 1541754595843.png (4000x3212, 1.27M)

I won t buy AMD again because of the drivers of the first gen apus(I have a laptop with a ryzen 5 2500U).

tomshardware.com/news/amd-3000-series-picasso-apu-ryzen,38290.html

>AMD also addressed recent customer complaints about drivers for existing Ryzen Mobile parts, which currently only come from OEMs. Now all Radeon software updates apply to all Ryzen Mobile Laptops, even the previous-gen Ryzen models. That should allow customers to get their bugfixes and day-zero game drivers directly from AMD as they are released.

Ok, but still it took them like a half a year/year to announce this, and we don t even know when these are coming out.

Then why are the amd proprietary drivers for Linux garbage while the open source variant works?

No Windows 7 drivers still.

Because closed drivers are in maintenance mode for whatever corporate customers still need them, and anything new goes into the open drivers.

Blame Microsoft for forcing companies to gimp their new shit on win 7 and 8.

>Now all Radeon software updates apply to all Ryzen Mobile Laptops, even the previous-gen Ryzen models.

>and anything new goes into the open drivers
Are these going into the non proprietary drivers, or in the drm kernel module?

I can't find any info that supports your statement. It's not mentioned on Mesa3d.org at least.

True but they should let me set up what driver channel I want to be on. The driver suite handles it like shit so that I have to turn off notifications because it keeps telling me multiple times a day to "upgrade" drivers.

Why are you using a cable designed for TVs when there is the objectively superior DisplayPort for monitors?

Did you set the power limit to -50 or +50?

>microshit windaids

Attached: 1402634604078.jpg (550x587, 71K)

just werks on my linuks machine

Attached: 2018-11-06 16_18_27-[6,7 _ 31] AA.1993.#01.cbr.png (260x221, 128K)

This can literally happen with any brand. Your GPU is dead, probably a vram issue.

Also if you can't diagnose shit like this, why didn't you just a prebuild?

you installed a beta driver which is not recommended. so its not wrong.

you are as a user is the problem, I bet you had drivers crash on nvidia as well

are you stupid? use DDU with nvidia retard. You people then go and complain about trivial shit that people with brains never see.

The open source amdgpu drivers that install by default I used for a while, the performance was as bad as I said. Then I installed the proprietary amdgpu-pro drivers for the card, they show as installed. It says I'm using the gpu, not integrated graphics. So what is the problem?
Why is the performance so bad? It feels like I'm using integrated graphics, my laptop with a 650m can play 1080p videos in HEVC full screen just fine

Attached: Screenshot.png (728x124, 35K)

the newer versions crash for me with every 28nm gpu, absolute turd

because my old ips monitor has only hdmi and vga connection.

OP it really, really depends on how you installed shit and which version of drivers you attempted to install. Which I will always criticize AMD for, they could be less fucking obtuse and develop drivers worth a shit. However, if it's not a hardware or a Windows issue (which can be) it's most likely fixable.

With new GPUs and drivers, do
not
use
DDU.

You -have- to install the new AMD drivers on top of the ones that Windows automatically installs through Windows update. Otherwise they are prone to do really stupid shit like you describe. I have experienced the same issues when installing 18.12.2 and .3 by way of cleaning drivers and after a reinstallation of Windows, I decided to leave that shit alone and they just worked relatively fine.

They still have common issues and bugs that are annoying as fuck, and you'll be able to find more than 2 people on the usual forums complaining about them. But at the very least a proper installation will prevent even worse shit from happening.

So far I had 19.1.1 installed the way I described and there aren't issues aside from getting frequent notifications.

What's wrong with ddu? I just used it to do a clean install, and no problems.

Maybe it's anecdotal but I tested it quite a few times as of late and it has consistently fucked me in the ass. I have gotten better results from doing things the intended way (which is to upgrade the drivers that windows decides are good to use with my AMD GPU).

I have an RX570, dunno if it has anything to do with newer GPUs or what. But I haven't managed not to screw something up in the process of doing a basic clean up and restart through DDU.

Opposite for me I still have to use ddu with clean install when installing and drivers, or something fucks up (like custom monitor settings does nothing).

Works on my machine. If you're too much of a brainlet to properly build a system and update drivers properly and troubleshoot shut like this, just stick to buying prebuilts or a mac.