Modern dumbphone thread

I want to go off grid for a while cause my internet addiction is starting to seriously affect my mental health. I want something that can make calls, send messages and most importantly play music. My music library is mostly comprised of 320 MP3 fes and a decent amount of FLAC files. Total size is about 18GB. I've been considering the new 3310 cause it looks nice and has the nostalgia factor. So to anyone who has/has dealt with this phone: Does it support lossless FLAC audio and how is the general audio quality. Is it on par with a decent smartphone or completely shit ?

Attached: 20170227200026_1cdf2fc5.jpg (1594x1150, 767K)

why not just get a dedicated mp3 player to go with the nostalgia effect?

Buy an mp3 player.
Buy Nokia 105 2017. No cameras, Bluetooth or WiFi. It's perfect.

>Nokia 105
>Old school Nokia design
>Comes with FM radio
>4MB of RAM
Almost perfection

Cause I'd rather not carry around two devices if I can achieve the same result with one

So, you want a smart phone.

No I want a dumbphone that can play music

Get 8110 4G. It's a great phone.

Attached: Nokia-Banana-Phone.jpg (1310x873, 149K)

Is there any brand still making flip phones?

the nips got you covered

are these avaible in the U.S?

amazing phone, terrible keypad

Nokia 150 or 230.

Well it's on Amazon. 89$.
It has a decent player, you can actually install apps on it (it has KaiOS which is built on top of FirefoxOS dead body), and since it's a really low-power phone that essentially only has a browser, and it's perfect. You can still look shit up if you have to, but the whole experience is not going to make you wish you could spend more time with it, since it doesn't even feature a touchscreen. For calls and messages it's nice, and you can plug in an SD card with a lot of music. What sucks is that there are some shitty Java-tier demo games that you can't delete in the menu (at least in the EU), but these are nothing special.

Hmm op here. From what I can see it's the same price as the 3310 here although it seems a little more bulky ? Still seems lime a better deal having a proper kaios and what not

nokia 150 is an ok dumbphone

Why there are no phones with B/W LCD?

Would I even be able to get 4G signal in the U.S?

It's a Google botnet, it runs KaiOS

> I've been considering the new 3310 cause it looks nice and has the nostalgia factor. So to anyone who has/has dealt with this phone: Does it support lossless FLAC audio and how is the general audio quality.

I've go the 3G version 3310

It's decent but buggy at times

No it doesn't play FLAC

Recommend just getting the cheapest dumbphone you can find and pairing it with a decent mp3 player

Alcatel, LG, and Samsung for starters.

I bought one 2 for my brother and mom
the audio from the jack is very clear even with my iems.
also convert ur flac to 256vbr nigger

Attached: qin-2-756x754.jpg (756x754, 33K)

Even dumb phones have cameras these days.

android flip phone is ugly

Attached: unknown.png (441x248, 121K)

You won't find a dumbphone with FLAC support. Closest I can think would be getting an old Symbian, Windows Mobile or BlackBerry phone.

A 3310 or 8110 ? What other formats does it support ?

>No 3.5mm jack
Dismissed

It one of the few that support flac get an adapter you dumbcunt.

Why don't you just get a low end smart phone, root it and uninstall the default internet browser app?

>kaios
can't escape google botnet.
Just use blackberry/symbian/windows mobile like that user said

I dunno, broblably wma and wacv?
Also its a 3310

do these phones have 4G? isnt verizon shutting down its 3G network at the end of the year?

Anyone have recommendations on a rugged cell phone that I can pop my ATT sim into? I want to get away from using my smartphone because its Soma. I think I might get a tablet with a data plan in the future.

the camera on the 3310 is supposedly good

>using a dumb phone
>2019

lets me know you dont get out of the house very often.

there is no point to these anymore. the least expensive smartphones are so good now that you can use GPS, take decent pictures, google something, watch a video, video chat.. it's too useful now. maybe 10 years ago, inexpensive smartphones were garbage, not anymore

are you really going to buy a separate mp3 player. GPS, flashlight, camera? it's dumb.
if it is because you have some problem with putting your phone down, then you need professional help.

I live in 3rd world Greece where 3G is still alive and kicking :^)

Hmm not really I go out everyday but I mostly use my phone in the bus etc. as a time-killing means. That's why I asked for something that can make calls and play music because those are the two features I absolutely need...

What country do you live in and what's your carrier? This is important because cell carriers in the US are going to be killing off all 2G/3G service starting at the end of this year and I don't think any carriers are allowing new phones on their network that don't support 4G VoLTE (which not even all 4G phone support) anymore.

It's also important to note that many of the available 4G dumb phones have issues with either not actually being dumb phones but rather being smartphones with a less common OS (KaiOS) in a dumb phone form factor that have all the problems of a locked down smartphone and/or not supporting the frequencies that companies in the US are using for 4G service.