When is the scientific discoveries and stuff learned from this thing supposed to trickle down to real world...

When is the scientific discoveries and stuff learned from this thing supposed to trickle down to real world improvements in our daily lives?

Attached: LHC.jpg (990x662, 237K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2019/1/15/18183828/cern-physics-particle-accelerator-hadron-collider
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're assuming that people have actually made any discoveries with it in the first place

idk

checked

Didn't they discover the Higgs Boson?

With the LHC specifically? It's gonna take a long time, all they study is high end physics/quantum physics, I assume they probably helped in making quantum computers by understanding better how matter works, that said the CERN in general gave us the World Wide Web.

I mean, not discover, but prove its existence.

But what cool new tech can they make now that they know its real?

well it wont benefit you at least

>CERN in general gave us the World Wide Web.
That's not really a good thing tho

I want to go back to a time when the internet was new and everything was hopeful, before antisocial media started destroying the world.

t. usenet user

The homosexual kind.

Attached: j8cXZAP.jpg (750x600, 127K)

Yes we did: we discovered how stupid people are with their "uhh guhh black hole" shit.

you're posting on the internet right now, right?

BIGGER

Pretty sure it'll end up helping with quantum computing

Hard to tell. They're not doing a test series to address an optimization/engineering problem. They're exploring what was unknown.

Did sending expeditions east or west into then uncharted areas in Eurasia trickle down to real world improvements? Not immediately, usually. But eventually people figured out what they can do with the new knowledge (of other Eurasians) and new plants, machines, tools, other goods.

Same happened with a lot of basic science. Some things people figured out really only were relevant much later, or never used to solve very many actual problems so far.

>You will never be an explorer
>You will never happen across a tribe of exotic beauties
>You will never take the chief's daughter as your wife
>You will never inadvertently cause an epidemic in their village
Born too late to bang exotic qts and spread disease, born to early to bang exotic aliens and spread disease.

When the internet was new, the user base was at home on a computer CLI and otherwise generally well-educated.

Then following that era, at least it was the same people plus less skilled people that were at least usually clever enough to be generally interested in some of what the aforementioned did. The other crowd didn't spend much time in most places online.

Now it is just everyone. It probably wasn't the media that made this expanded group suck in comparison.

Attached: 1526602899484.gif (360x346, 170K)

I guess these days you have have to largely decide between marrying the chief's daughter, banging exotic qts, spreading disease or being an explorer. Everything is specialized.

Most beautiful pic I saw today. And I don't even like dicks

~3-4 decades down the line.

>year 1
discovery
>year 5
papers being written
>year 15
papers being cross examined
>year 25
novel applications being found
>year 30
business can not use the technology
>year 40
consumers have it in their hand, but its still bit expensive

And so on.

How the hell are we supposed to use the discoveries from the hardon collider for any real world application? It doesn't solve any engineering challenges we face. Monumental hubris on the part of a small community of physicists who somehow swindled governments into stealing taxpayer money and probably promised them a new atomic bomb or time travel or someshit.

I hate hearing this stupid fucking meme
the Internet was full of kids on AOL Messenger in the 90s
I was one of them
not "generally well-educated" person in sight

We'll discover a new extent of micropenis, the quantum penis.

You won't notice it.
No one ever notices it.
Unless you're a Zoomer, for part of your life, there was no such thing as blue leds.

sadly none, they dont even know what electron look like. it just a scam

>supposed to trickle down
What trickles down are lifelong job programs for the eggheads. Once science stopped to be science and became occupation, then there is no end for bottomless moneypits like this LHC, and for PhD leeches who make living out of it. Well, once in a while, you, goyim taxpayers, wonder wtf your taxes are spent for, and each time ZOM explain, in layman terms and condecending tone, how the Higgs boson will change our lives for the better if only we could find any use for it...

> And I don't even like dicks
keep telling yourself that

Attached: 1378867658487.jpg (1024x768, 133K)

They dont, they overbudget and need to please the investor, using ad hoc event as Higs boson, it has 1% being right, they just went for it

What happened?
The LHC was supposed to rip apart the space time continuum and send us into an alternate universe where we'd all be cute girls capable of growing 16 inch dicks.

>year 25
>novel applications being found
Name one.

ha they just want to publish more physics papers to jerk off over their intellectual privilege they aren't writing smartphone apps

quantum computing

Conjecture:
If we round up all the faggot shitposters we could store them in a LHC and accelerate them to near the speed of light to live out the rest of their days.
This would have the side effect of when they would attempt to post on Jow Forums, time dilation would cause them to post their reply with a massive delay, having the practical effect of every one of their posts being rejected for the thread being dead

You just can't work on that assumption when funding such deep physics. You hope so, but you can't expect it, and is not the primary motivation

Well they invented the best data sorting and achieving techniques in the world, its since been shared with five eyes to better help them.

Genuinely can't tell if some replis are satire or not. Bravo

> we'd all be cute girls capable of growing 16 inch dicks
I'm starting to not take this site seriously.

Attached: 1547226067139.jpg (400x300, 59K)

Truly the dark ages of Jow Forums.
>taxation is theft
>it's all made up bro
>they lyin bro, they didn't discover shit

Attached: e940b2e577fa9ae43c79d0ad28c78e4f.jpg (960x465, 47K)

he meant new
that is 70s-80s

>When is the scientific discoveries and stuff learned from this thing supposed to trickle down to real world improvements in our daily lives?
Never. Particle Physics is a scam and completely worthless.

>t. condensed matter physicist

>2019
>Starting
You're about 14 years late.

>implying condensed matter knows shit on particle physics
LMAO. But yeah, you might know a bit on field theory but that's about it. Go do some muh DFT on quantum espresso or whatever shit you use faggot
t. Chad particle physicist

Remember when people were scared that this would create a blackhole?

Particle collections are no different than rock collections and just as boring.

Basically, once we discover element zero and are able to create an actual quantum computer.

Good post.

This. The world has changed, we might not ever benefit from a lot of technological breakthroughs, but our ever-growing elite overlords will utilize them to further imprison us and make your life a hopeless dystopian hellscape.

theverge.com/2019/1/15/18183828/cern-physics-particle-accelerator-hadron-collider
once they get their new 100km long collider approved

>scientific discoveries and stuff learned from this thing supposed to trickle down to real world improvements in our daily lives?

It won't.
String theorists and partical physicists bullshit to secure public funds for their (admittedly) awesome but completely useless-in-the-short-run research.

Attached: satania-fedora.png (650x750, 1.87M)

One example I can think of.

The amount of data generated by the Collider is humongous, requiring massime processing power and storage speed, I can predict it will help to bring to the market cheaper and more powerful data processing solutions.

Wait 25 years after the discovery then we talk

>Wait 25 years
It more then 60years since first accelerators

none of particle "found" is usable