The tech bubble has popped

Attached: 1538703494270.png (883x1069, 104K)

>the tech bubble
finally, fuck technology I'm going back to living in a tree, agriculture was a meme

>shitty old companies aren't doing so well

very nice. fuck MS in particular.

don't mail bomb people please

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

techies btfo

Attached: 1517159965949.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

Thank fucking god. It's about time the wheat gets separated from the chaff. The ones that actually know what they're doing and/or have domain specific knowlege have nothing to worry about. The wannabe bootcamp #koders, data "scientists", and other overpaid informatic burgerflippers making our lives hell are going to get purged. Good riddance!

what if ur inbetween?

like I know how to do stuff kinda good but I am not very good

how long have you been "inbetween" working at the same place?

27 years

>boomers browse this board

YIKES

>search for the word "layoff"
>post it online as FUD for no reason at all

you should retire and let the zoomers enter the industry for the greater good

what else am i going to do?

Hey blindfag, where do you work?
Apple here, top contributor with red badge

Become a trap and sell yourself

>Sophomore in CE right now.
Time to shift that on over to EE and learn programming as a hobby then.

>mfw im still in college while this shit is going down

Attached: sunny.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

why should i do that when i can go into work, do basically nothing all day, and go home STD free?

I work in an "old" tech company

All the ones who know what they're doing, and write their own proofs are the ones getting laid off, because the company doesn't want to keep paying them 6+ figures for work they can pay 2 girls they hired for affirmative action 42k each, to do 65% of, and have poo-in-streets do the rest of the work for pennies.

I'm the supervisor over desktop support for this campus. I don't make enough to be a target, and my job requires a physical presence, so they can't offshore it. But we've shrunk the Campus 2x now, and will probably empty another floor and lease that out, too, in the near future (This should tell you what company)

The Tech industry is adopting good ole' American Ultra-Capitalist ideologies like what Fast Food, Retail, Construction, Sales, and a lot of other industries do. Workers are disposable. Who cares if you're "old school", you're expensive. Kids are cheaper. C-level execs and shareholders are the ones reaping the profits, they'll keep the shit-show running at the slimmest margin they can, while dumping as much as they can into their own pockets, then when the shit-show finally hits the fan, they'll be set for life, while all of us under the fan get fucked. (Except me, I'm probably ditching this shit-hole within the next couple years before I see that shit happen. I'll go do IT for some alumina plant or something and make the same money)

This is what happens when a company/business becomes a corporation and puts "highest profit margin" above all else. You can have happy+productive employees and a good profit, or you can have the highest profit and nothing else.

Unfortunately, in the USA, $$$ is king.

>(This should tell you what company)
it doesn't

ill give you a hint user: you probably use at least some of our software

I don't know if it's really popping now, but it's gonna have to pop eventually. All this shit is just too fucking useless to continue. It's a huge mountain of worthless garbage consuming god knows how much electricity for absolutely no fucking purpose.

Attached: Cutesexyrobutts-666552-comm407.png (925x1495, 1.51M)

but how do you know what software i use

Attached: 1531222542445s.jpg (125x95, 2K)

I'm sure the old tech companies will survive. They're too big to fail and we all rely on their shit one way or another.

I'm more excited to see all the startups and the cancer culture they've spawned implode.

because we know user

>companies that don't know how to make software are performing badly

what's new? this has nothing to do with any bubble

Attached: 1518932827149s.jpg (117x125, 2K)

fuck off microshit

make me, nerd

>EE
Yeah good luck finding a job in that even smaller and more competative market zoomer.

>shit software companies are dying
>company i work for is literally hiring like mad on top of the 5 figure employee count we already have
feels good to have picked the right career path.

>Implying I'm not going to be one of Su's sex slave interns.

fuck off googleshit

What does this mean if you're still in school for CS? Am I fucked or is this overblown?

you'll be out of a job, in 5 years we won't even be using computers anymore we'll be back to paper and typewriters

I don't work in software, google can fuck off.

>tfw 10-25% layoffs next week
Hope I make it out alive.

Attached: 1522124166413.jpg (564x564, 37K)

eat pussay

#MeToo

/thread

>zoomers browse this board and think 27 years is old
No wonder this and other boards are getting so cancerous.

It's pretty common and it's also how a lot of competing software companies have gone bankrupt. IBM is a specially good example of a company which buys smaller software company and fires everyone except sales people who are integrated into their sales force. Then they jack up the prices and milk it. It works for some time but eventually the customers abandon the product because they've fired all the developers and nobody knows the code or how to fix it so no no features are added and bugs aren't fixed. Microsoft (which I assume due to some hints in the text) aren't immune to this, re-selling existing software with zero improvements won't work forever.

Some will, but it's no given. There's plenty of examples of bigger ones who've vanished.

>27 years WORKING
Jeez, this board’s mean IQ must be 60.

Google?

I can say as someone who works for MSFT, you won't get laid off as long as what you're doing isn't XBOX or Marketing related, or reliant on vendors getting their shit in order.

The vast majority of people people who get laid off are the ones that are hired, only show up from 9AM to 2PM, and do maybe only 2 or 3 hours of ACTUAL work. They usually let this shit go on for about 10 months and then HR brings the hammer down on you, and everyone else in that boat all at once. Its rare for people to be one off laid off or canned, they do it in huge batches.

Also don't be one of those people who only shows up for meetings and does all his work at home. Even if you put in work and aren't a shithead about deadlines you'll garner no love from your managers and work alone won't be enough to save you from the cutting block.

If you do happen to end up in the mass group lay-off/firing take it in good grace, don't beg, or ask why. If you play nice, you'll be extended severance pay, get someone to spruce up your resume, and make some calls to other tech companies to line you up a new job, all on MSFT's dime. 4

Attached: Rail.Wars!.full.1756747.jpg (5650x7786, 3.94M)

you can thanks h1b visas and "skilled" immigration (i.e. corporations fucking over working natives)

>MSFT
>Campus shrinking

No? Yeah they're closing down a lot of East campus but they're going to rebuilding huge buildings in their place. Those 2 story buildings are just too small.

From what it sounds like you're somewhere in 2 through 9, and most of your people got shipped to 25, Bravern 1/2 or Lincoln Square. You're fine, MSFT won't be doing another purge for awhile.

What happened to XBOX?

I assume it's dying. Aren't they porting xbox games to windows or something?

I'm not sure they're dying, they just bought like 5 development studios

It's more like they're trying to move it to a cloud gaming platform

what does that even mean?
you'll still be buying the console

It means what it sounds like. You'll basically be streaming the game from some servers without downloading the game on your console. It'll be likely that the console itself would only have enough space for the os.

did you miss thr Xbox One's fantastically shit launch?
They basically tried to sell us an always online box that records you 24/7 because Kinect was mandatory, during the peak of Snowden blowing the lid off NSA no less.
As a result nobody wants one still, store shelves are full.

The real money is not in technology but in data. Don't just do can but math or stats or even physics. Cs is important but also do something else.

At least, imo, the controllers are good

>The real money is not in technology but in data
yeah better get that degree in """"data science""""

T. Codemonkey have fun with the H1 -B plebs user

>implying any job that requires a college degree can’t be outsourced to the cloud(India)

the what?