Does Jow Forums use a UPS?

Does Jow Forums use a UPS?

Attached: 73222668.jpg (2000x2000, 701K)

Other urls found in this thread:

energyprofessionals.com/energy-alert/power-outages-on-the-rise-in-the-us/
quora.com/Is-America-a-3rd-world-country
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-developing-nation-regressing-economy-poverty-donald-trump-mit-economist-peter-temin-a7694726.html
npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/12/12/570217635/the-u-n-looks-at-extreme-poverty-in-the-u-s-from-alabama-to-california
theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/01/un-extreme-poverty-america-special-rapporteur
newsweek.com/alabama-un-poverty-environmental-racism-743601
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. We like to see our hardware blow up

No, because I don't live in a third world country

No, Im in Germany so I mostly use DHL

energyprofessionals.com/energy-alert/power-outages-on-the-rise-in-the-us/

>murica
> not third world
> looses power for hrs or days every time it snows or some retard drives into a utility pole.

Yup! Bought an 850w APC unit for my server. Last thing I want is to be mid backup/middle of writing new data to my array when the power cuts out.

I do, rocking a 1200VA UPS with 3 hours runtime (or 12 if just for a light load like windows tablet)

>>America
>> not third world
It's not

lol delusional

quora.com/Is-America-a-3rd-world-country

>quora
I don't need to open it and already knew the answer: Yes.

You can delude yourself as much as you want pajeet :)

>post quora
>"y-your the pajeet"
Ironic

Heheheheheeheheheh

>Muhrica is 1st world
Must be nice living 40 years in the past

I run a server, so yes. Even though I'm in first world country.

I SURE DO

ITS CALLED A MACBOOK AIR

Yes?

Attached: _20160623_154230.jpg (1314x2028, 396K)

S E E T H I N G
europoor

UPS a mandatory for any IT work.

Hell, it should be mandatory for the home use as well.

I cringe at people spending $3K on their rig, only to be hooked to a basic power strip (or surge protector very least). This triggers me to be honest.

Yes, I got one when I lived in a small town, and power went out every time a thunderstorm came.

Now I live in the city with proper infrastucture, and there was no blackout ever since I moved here, but I still keep it hooked up.

Yes, I use it to power my router.
Also anyone knows how to calculate the time remaining for UPS?

Any reason to use an UPS if you don't care about saving on sessions?

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Attached: BEEP.png (90x133, 11K)

No, because I do live in a third world country.

Just not one with insufficient/broken infrastructure. They only turn off power when they need to maintain an underground line.

I just got the CP1000PFCLCD in the mail a couple days ago. My previous one could only handle like 330W and I've recently OCed my computer and it wants to pull right around that under load.

Canada Post is better, fuck you.

t.leaf

It's Beep pause Beep pause

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-developing-nation-regressing-economy-poverty-donald-trump-mit-economist-peter-temin-a7694726.html
npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/12/12/570217635/the-u-n-looks-at-extreme-poverty-in-the-u-s-from-alabama-to-california
theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/01/un-extreme-poverty-america-special-rapporteur
newsweek.com/alabama-un-poverty-environmental-racism-743601

inb4 you get shot while driving near a school

no point. i live in the city. yes that one.

I'm in america and getting something through DHL right now. Newegg is prob the only store I've used that actually freaking uses it.

THE NUMBER WON'T STOP GOING DOWN!

DHL doesn't deliver shit. They just give packages to the post office for the actual delivery.

based and batterypilled

Ah.

>1200VA UPS
>3 hours runtime
lol you are living in fantasy land. You might get an hour if you actually tested it. Don't believe the estimated uptime

>12 if just for a light load like windows tablet
i doubt it could power just your modem and router for 12 hours

>ITS CALLED A MACBOOK AIR
your macbook isn't going to power your modem and router

Yes, because Ontario turned into a third world country after our previous libcuck government did everything they could to fuck the power grid. I bought a UPS after a really bad brownout/outage killed my i5-2500k build a few years back. I'm just using a simple 600W unit, my power supply is rated for 650 but I figure that my system uses about 100W less than that at full load, so should be good enough.

incorrect: DHL hand delivered my onahole after picking it up from EMS

Yes as I live in shithole Serbia.

The fact that all Europeans constantly think and compare everything to America shows how much more important America is.

Maybe but , man could we use some things they have like universal health care. Our shit is broken. Each side can learn from the other a lot.

Are you some sort of retard? Don't answer, I know the answer is "fuck yes".
The output of the fucking UPS has nothing to do with how long your batteries last.
You could have a 100VA UPS hooked up to a AA and it won't last five seconds.
You can hook up a 1500VA UPS (with 36V inverter, of course) to three 100Ah VRLAs and power a room for days.

TL;DR: KYS retard.

>captain obvious
what are you running deep cycle marine batteries on your 1200VA UPS?
also, no mention about the inherent inefficiency of inverters

Anyway, the point I was making is don't believe the estimated uptime.
Pull the mains power and see how long it really lasts.

>start a thread on tech
>thread turns into usual Jow Forums tier rant
>nothing meaningful about the tech in question is posted
Can we please just fucking delete this board if it's so useless?

>Universal healthcare
>Thinking the working class paying for a bunch of societal leeches is a good thing
>Thinks life saving surgeries being put on hold for literal months because they're so expensive is a good thing.
"No." There's a reason why people who need major surgeries or immediate Care come to the US. Because money talks.

The only issue the US has is our government being more than willing to ride Big Pharma's cock. There's no reason for certain medications to be as expensive as they are. It shouldn't cost $30k for an overnight stay in a shit room with a single IV bag. But universal healthcare is a terrible idea. Look how badly Obamacare failed

Do I need to get a UPS with the same wattage as my PSU?

That wasn't universal healthcare it was a right wing plan and had no public option in it. Right wingers just got pissed off that "the black man" god it passed instead of them. It was universal "access" to healthcare not universal healthcare. It still sucked big pharma and big insurance dick.

I have a nice CyberPower UPS. waveform is pic related, and seems ok except my PC power supply makes loud clicks the whole time the UPS is powering it.

Attached: UPS.png (800x480, 22K)

Not really no, but if say your PC has a 1kw PSU because you actually need that much power, don't expect a 450w UPS to last longer than 2-3 minutes if the power goes out. For instance I have a 650w PSU on my PC but an 850w UPS. My server only draws ~150w at full tilt. I have it set so the PC automatically kicks down to power saver mode when it detects it's running on battery. I get around 30-40 minutes on the UPS.
Really? Racism is all you got? This type of healthcare plan was a conservative plan from '93. It garnered no public support and still didn't even when Obama pushed it. It wasn't until Obama rammed it down everyone's throat by force. To add insult to injury, there was a hefty fine (that increased yearly) per person that didn't have healthcare. So you had millions of working class citizens being forced to pay into a broken system that gave others "less fortunate" healthcare while they themselves got nothing. Had nothing at all to do with being black.

And "true" universal healthcare requires a 60+% tax rate on everyone to work. Fuck that. Don't give a fuck about anyone other than me and mine.

>And "true" universal healthcare requires a 60+% tax rate on everyone to work.

We already have nearly universal, because anyone who needs care can get it, and retards go to the ER for dumb shit that could be treated for less cost at a doctor.

If we had single payer, the billions that the insurance companies scrape would be saved, and could be spent on overpriced government drones; overall it should cost less just the same. Everyone agrees that large insurance pools are the only ones that work, so why not go for the largest one.

Actually wouldn't have to mess with most people's taxes if at all if we actually realigned the priorities of what the hell the tax money goes to budget and would actually save money. Would even save companies money because then they don't have to pay to provide their employees healthcare anymore.

Because single payer means government via taxes. When's the last time you were able to wholeheartedly place your faith 100% in the government NOT to fuck up? Universal healthcare and pooling all your money is just begging for embezzlement and funds being leeched into various other government/corporate slush funds. But yeah you're right about the ER.
Yeah how the government spends our tax dollars is all sorts of fucked. Even our military industrial complex would be sustainable if scumbag politicians weren't trying to give all our money away on programs every other second.

Hang your local politician today!

I only have 1 or two power cuts a year, all my equipment is fine. Might get one if I was running shit 24/7 though.

Yes and a series mode filters for protection.

Attached: 2_plug_newplugs_1024x1024.jpg (576x412, 19K)

I own two but don't use them so I can save the battery's live.
I know this sounds stupid since a battery costs like 15bucks and lasts like 5 years but I use laptop not desktop and laptops have builtin battery so they don't need UPS.
I use the UPSs mostly as battery charger, also use them when I buy used stuff so I can test if they work in the street where there's no sockets, seller always ask me "what that gizmo is"

Upper bound is 12V** /

Keeping your internet up.

>>thread turns into usual Jow Forums tier rant

Every UPS thread ever has been filled with Jow Forums Jow Forums

>he didn't get the pure sine wave model

All it takes is one power outtage during a file transfer or windows update and your pc is fried

Yeah, but only for my home server.

No, I prefer to use FedEx

Attached: squid.png (506x556, 240K)