ITT: technology that improved nothing

Attached: npctier.png (665x704, 264K)

Attached: juicer-google-759.jpg (759x422, 43K)

I have a coffee maker and it's a godsend. Mine's a DeLonghi.

i use my old keurig more for hot water than i do for coffee nowadays

Smartphones

what is the Jow Forums approved way to make coffee?

Dunno. But I want espresso, so I use a Gaggia Classic (which isn't the nicest machine around, but it does the job) and a Vario electrical grinder with a timer.

Attached: Vario_mit_Siebträger.jpg (1062x1772, 807K)

Lol, same. Great for ramen, oatmeal, tea, etc. otherwise these things suck major ass. Instead of coffee filters($0.99), you need to buy a fucking filter(like $5.00). They both last the same amount of time. Plus you only get like 3 cups from the amount of water the thing holds.

Second pic.

Attached: gaggia_classic.jpg (1200x1200, 136K)

nice, better grinder is more important anyway

I'm still torn about whether to go for espresso or drip.

>Falling for the filter meme.

Now that's your own fault. You don't need that, just clean the thing every once in a while.

How about tech that improved just as much as it ruined

Attached: ph.jpg (626x626, 22K)

burr grinder and aeropress

> I'm still torn about whether to go for espresso or drip.
I'd go with espresso if you intend to drink coffee rather frequently.

You can always dilute it to ~drip-like, but the faster brewing speed and lower&more concentrated liquid volume is an advantage.

based and redpilled

people who keep beans in the hopper and not just put beans as needed and keep the rest in a proper container that allows the escape of co2 while keeping everything else in should be gassed then shot

moka pot + rotating blade grinder here
Good shit but I sometimes wonder if it'd be worth it getting a proper grinder.

>rotating blade grinder here
> sometimes wonder if it'd be worth it getting a proper grinder.
Gulag

Worth it for a moka pot I mean. I just grind pretty fine and if you shake it around a bit it's pretty consistent, although the grounds do get a bit warm.

Attached: 716j5-hl08L._SY450_.jpg (326x450, 20K)

but does tech improve anything, Jow Forums?
do things ever really change? do we not replace one suffering with another, are we not just part of a cycle in which all improvements bring new problems that we'll improve to solve, and in the end, we're capable of new things that end up changing nothing in how we actually perceive life and the world around us?
is there even any point in it? why is it even called improvement?

Since Sandy

Attached: 1200px-Intel-logo.svg.png (1200x796, 46K)

How do I hard clean these things?

Leaving vinegar or vinegar water overnight doesnt make it sparkling clean

light roast beans, burr grind, french press
heat to195 degree f water
immerse coarse ground beans with the plunger initially
mix after 2 min
push plunger completely and add heavy cream at ~4.5 mins
enjoy

>light roast beans, burr grind, french press
>heat to195 degree f water
>immerse coarse ground beans with the plunger initially
>mix after 2 min
>push plunger completely
based and redp-
>and add heavy cream at ~4.5 mins
Gulag

get a grinder user.

rancilio silvia & baratza sette grinder.. fresh beans - no sugar.

Attached: absolutelyharmful.png (1200x1414, 259K)

once you go espresso and start pulling great shots.. you will never drink drip coffee the same ever again.

What's the point of coffee makers with grinders and stuff, I got a small one for 10€, put ground coffee and water, press button, get coffee. You can even ignore the coffee, I've made lots of ramen and tea in the little guy. Why would your coffee maker need more than one button?

But i like sipping drip coffee all day long, mostly decaf, i cant do that with espresso or these thicker barista coffees because theyre too strong
filter coffee has its place imo

Powdered citric acid works wonders

>Grinder
The most important part of the coffee making process. Blade grinder gives you shit consistency and also heats up your grind burning the beans in the process. Get a good burr grinder and be done with it.

Systemd

Attached: 440px-Lennart_poettering.jpg (440x291, 19K)

Reminder that the man who invented the Keurig openly admitted regretting it because of how much of an ecological disaster these things are.

>every time you want coffee you need to open up one of these shitty things
so we're just actively spiting the planet then?

Really who cares though. This is just a very temporary intermediate step before we get to the corporate chip in the brain.

Tastes like ass too.

>ecological disaster
who cares lmao

pic related, the patricians choise

Attached: 710c9s4e4WL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 16K)

Why do you hate DRM'd coffee OP?

All of the "clean" energy sources besides nuclear fission. If we would all switch to fission we could solve man made climate change in a few decades.

But the Earth is technology user...

You don't get me my man, I buy pre-ground coffee and put scoops in my dripper's filter that so far hasn't been damaged (in 5 years of casual use). I guess I'm not that into coffee like some enthusiasts are. The most I put in my coffee is cold milk, I don't like it with sugar, even then it's so I can chug it faster and not wait for it to cool, if I'm in a rush.

based and coffeepilled

This looked like a promising thread and coffee faggots ruined it.

It's an office convenience machine to make you one cup of coffee that feels more fresh than instant.
The original machine expected you to keep it's coils heated pretty much all day if your wanted coffee in less then 30 seconds, why did people buy these to put in their house?

Because it gives you the very minor convenience of not having to clean it or having to touch a used coffee filter.

>I buy pre-ground coffee
I hope to G*d you freeze those niggas at the very least

based

onions and bluepilled

the only way to make coffee is grinding your own beans and running them through an old school Mr. Coffee

I still can't figure the fucking thing out.

I just use the inverted method now, but every now and then it ends in disaster/spill.

If you do it normally it, 80% of it just flows through without brewing.

>grinder is more important anyway

Attached: ck1.jpg (752x1024, 147K)

>better grinder is more important

Attached: ck3.jpg (1280x719, 113K)

this

if the beans are opened for more than two weeks the coffee tastes like mud

a lot of italians do this (at home) and they'd be better with nespresso

>2004 mr coffee 12cup
>cafe busto
>mug I haven't washed in 2 weeks
>black or half&half
>French press on the weekend
goml faggots

look at yall with your jordan schlansky style atittudes. most of the time drip is awesome, you can drink it through out the day have two or three cups at a time and just enjoy yourself, nothing wrong with drip, nothing wrong with espresso from a machine or a moka pot. like what you like quit being a dick about it.

Attached: fake italian.jpg (214x317, 12K)

The answer is to put the lid on and not push it down so the water doesn’t fall.

How about smartphone-controlled self-lacing shoes?

Attached: _105195093_mediaitem105195092.jpg (624x351, 21K)

>implying theres anything wrong with being like the most based & redpilled man in pop media

or butter! haha

i never understood it. i had a bunch of free k cups at work and i ended up not using them after trying 2. ground coffee is just better, and 10x cheaper.

There is truth to it though. For espresso having an extremely uniform grind is critical so the puck holds together without stopping flow completely, and you want to avoid heating the grinds up too much so a low speed high torque grind is preferred.
A typical $30 blade "grinder" just won't do it, but you don't have to go full retard with an $800 chrome plated monstrosity either. $200 will get you a perfectly respectable burr mill grinder. The hand grinder in your pic might be alright, but I've used those things and you really have to crank it for a while to get a single shot worth if grinds.

It improved profit margins for the oem. Muh razorblade model.
I take it camping.

>coffee machines

Attached: 600ML-12-Cup-Coffee-Pot-Stove-Percolator-Maker-Top-Expresso-Latte-Aluminum-Moka-Moka-Pot-Octagonal.j (640x640, 47K)

A moka pot is unronically based, i used to use Aeropress but this is so much simpler, and it can make more espresso, whereas some aeropress recipes have ridiculous amounts of coffee for like one cup

I got a "4-cup" maker and it makes 250ml of espresso per run

Aeropress makes better iced coffee though, you can press it directly onto ice and it's amazing

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 4K)

I have one of these and it exploded coffee all over my kitchen

>bulletproof coffee
DOUBLE gulag

it has a pressure release valve, either you were pouring over the valve so steam couldn't properly escape or it got calcified over time

they come with a cleaner now so you can get rid of calcification with just normal hot water, it's pretty based

>you were pouring over the valve so steam couldn't properly escape
yeah that was it, learned my lesson

github.com/myprofile

>drinking coffee for any reason but the caffeine
Coffee snobs are the fucking worst.

Attached: 1492475492534.gif (376x278, 2.94M)

>it can make more espresso
It makes no espresso because it does not have the pressure required (1-1.5 bar are a good distance away from 9+ bar).

This is Moka, not Espresso.

>remotely disables your juice packets

At least your kitchen smelled nice for a couple days.

when a cheap, dumb espresso maker has higher extraction than super expensive machines.

Attached: .png (1044x216, 32K)

how do i like coffee, I'm a tea guy, help

Attached: cup of maga.jpg (492x479, 146K)

>reusable coffee pod

Keurig pods, with DRM to block third-party or re-useable pods. Was a scandal a few years back.
Other way around, if you drink coffee by litre go with drip. A cold watered down espresso is worse than a well prepared french press.

>drinking coffee

What sort of container is this, just one way valve letting air out?
>lets CO2 out
>everything else in

How? Also what's wrong with CO2 in a sealed container exactly?

>be zoomer
>forget to charge your smart shoes
>none of your friends have micro-USB because applel
>can't take off shoes
>chink mother doesn't let you into house with shoes
>fortnite-dance-crying-zoomer.gif

/thread

Imagine being so jealous of people with nice coffee grinders that you spend 40 hours in MS paint making a false equivalency meme.

I remember that /ck/ thread
But seriously, any decent burr grinder (they're all in the $80-$110 range) will do. You only need the ebin $150+ burr grinders if you need extra fine grounds for espresso. If you have an espresso machine you should be able to afford $150 grinders.

Bialetti Moka + Hario Skerton + Chink "stainless steel" foamer pitcher
The sub 100$ "Made it out of the ghetto" cappuccino

Why would I freeze it? What are the benefits?

Freezing is worse for it than doing nothing.

>your jacket is now dry

It also extracts all of the bitterants in addition to the aromatics.
The whole point of a high pressure espresso extraction is that you get as much of the caffeine and tasty oils with as little tannin as possible.

To me it's Nespresso.

Roasted beans offgas CO2 as a byproduct of roasting. The CO2 output tapers off within a couple of days after being roasted, they don't do it continuously.
The reason you want a one-way seal is so the CO2 can get out without rupturing the container from excessive buildup, while exposing the beans to as little oxygen getting in as possible while it's stored. Coffee is basically a mixture of essential oils which go rancid with exposure to oxygen and that will make the coffee stale and more bitter.

based
>plastic shit
lol

Jow Forums has shit taste. just brew it however you'd like in nonretarded fashions (no shitty machines, pods, preground beans, etc)
espresso is gr8 if you can afford it

>brewing coffee

heh

2 bucks for 120 cups.

Attached: IMG_20190116_214539.jpg (977x1303, 226K)

Based tasteless nigger

Its actually pretty good.

Nespresso and folgers are nasty nasty shit.

Performance maybe, but the efficiency gains have been staggering. 12hr battery life with a thin ass battery was something nobody thought was possible back in 2010-2011.

Imagine being a fucking nigger faggot that is a pussy ass bitch!!! Shut the fuck up and leave me alone!!!!!!!

Literally me, except I have a reusable thing that lets me put in my own coffee grounds.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (881x654, 66K)