AMD GPUs and Anti Aliasing

Is this something that AMD can fix with driver improvements or is it a problem at the silicon level?

Attached: Comb16012019101749.jpg (1260x410, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYL07c74Jr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>anti aliasing
Why can't you enjoy amd's superior textures without anti aliasing user?

MSAA is limited by the rops so it cannot be fixed(improved) until amd manages to put more rops on their cards.

considering MSAA is dead as a technique due to nature of modern engines, I don't think they have to
I'd rather they make a proper 4k card for reasonable money, I personally don't need AA at 1440p in most games

This guy doesn't need anti aliasing.

>anti aliasing
kek stop playing at stone age resolutions and you won't have to deal with aa

This guy doesn't even need AA.

I haven't used aa in almost a decade either downsampled or used post process + injection in the early days.
Msaa looks like shit on foliage as well makes leaves and grass look like flickering shit especially noticeable in the forza pc ports when u run 8xmsaa
I prefer 4k downsampled + txaa + filtering/sharpening
Siege has nice txaa but sadly most games don't.
Most don't even have a sharpening slider
Doom 2016 wolf 2 and newer Id engine games look amazing as well

Because your cooler is shit and most likely airflow as well
T. Had a 2700x + u12s noctura choking it out at 80c thermal throttled to sub 4ghz
D15 (single fan) + gutting my front panel and its back to 60degrees Max 4ghz+ under 50%± load

Do you play any good games that aren't on consoles?

still using AA in 2019. having blur texture

Mainly obscure shit like beamng (ran horrific on Vega) and automation.
Only newish game I like is siege can't stand other mainstream fps games.

Dlss/txaa blurs textures way more than Msaa u stooge
Take your eyes out and get better ones
He says as the only (4k) card on the market struggles at 60fps and can barely break 60fps minimum despite costing 1399.99USD

i'm using the one that came with it
it should be able to handle the thing at default clock speed right? apparently not

I don't even know why MSAA is an option in 2019. Post processing effects are usually enough, especially in high resolution. MSAA is a stone age thing for low res monitors with low DPI. Nowadays, they fit 2k or 4k resolution in

>beamng
You had one chance to impress me.
No loli feet for you today.

Attached: QZG8wMD_d.jpg (640x360, 16K)

I like the Italy map
Lol I had a top of the line one that came with my 2700x and it could barely do my 1600x at Max boost
Get a noctura dh15 ffs

>8x MXAA is the only major issue
I don't use it much but I can see why that would be a problem higher end. I'd imagine they can fix it with drivers later on but I'd say if you're pushing hardware that hard it might be worth it to go for a 1080TI as they've come down a bit and don't come stapled with memetech for $2000

You get what you pay for.

love that vaseline look

>AMD AA gets lower based on how much AA you applied
>nVidia AA gets same FPS on any AA level
Wait, is nVidia lying to use about their AA?

No, and GCN is flawed and the hardware scales poorly. The retards that designed it should have been fired

I wouldn't be surprised desu. It's not the first time they've used deceptive tactics to prop up their chips (see extra tessellation that made AMD look bad or goyworks).

AMD always has a boogieman to blame.

Except half the time they were right, nvidia's APIs intentionally gimp AMD cards by not providing the same optimizations as Nvidia receives. While it's not enough to make AMD file antitrust it's overall unfair to consumers who have to pay more money to get better performance. This is why Nvidia rushed RTX, they knew how much damage vulkan and DX12 would do to their GTX non- full HW async compute cards.

Attached: DX12.png (711x457, 89K)

Agreed, Nvidia has always had the stupid goyi- I mean consumers best interest, AMD just cant compete with such an honest and upfront company like Nvidia.

Attached: barrier1[1].jpg (533x211, 24K)

holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=IYL07c74Jr4

Attached: 16718646.jpg (597x353, 20K)

>those 6 gorrilion polygon planks of wood

Attached: 1457944903510.jpg (130x150, 17K)

Why should nvidia give a shit about and GPUs?

Because it's the right thing to do.

>AMD just cant compete with such an honest and upfront company like Nvidia.
That's, because and always releases their cards prematurely without adequate software. They do the bare minimum, and blame everyone else for their shut decisions. I mean it's not even hard being AMD. They don't need to be the leaders at all they just need to be the cheaper choice. They sell the hardware, and expect the whole world to handle the software aspect, and thankfully sometimes there are people who will fix it.

The right thing to do would be for amd to fix their own software, and provide a means to make their hardware usable.
Not everyone in the world limits themselves to just playing shit console ports, and would like to use other software.

>EVERYBODY ITT HAVE A 4K 120HZ MONITOR, WE DONT NEED AA!

>amd never been a leader
It's these kind of posts that makes we wonder if Nvidia really pays someone to be retarded on the internet. Unless you're literally 15 and can't remember when AMD had the most powerful card in the market.

>Unless you're literally 15 and can't remember when AMD had the most powerful card in the market.
The most powerful card that that you literally couldn't do shit with. That's amd's mo.

OMG WHO THE FUCK CARES. GPU THIS GPU THAT, THEY'RE ALL FUCKING SHIT. JUST BUY IT, HOLY SHIT OMG RAY TRAACING WOOW SO GOOD. WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK, GO OUTSIDE IF YOU WANT FUCKING GRAPHICS. JESUS CHRIST. GAYME BABIES ARE FUCKING RETARDED, STOP BUYING NEW GPUS YOU DON'T FUCKING NEED YOU GOD DAMN CUNTS. THERE'S NO FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM! IF YOU CARE ABOUT MUH GRAFIX SO MUCH THEN GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE AND VIEW HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS. OTHERWISE THE ONLY THING THAT FUCKING MATTERS IS GAYME PLAY. JUST FUCKING PUT IT ON LOWEST QUALITY AND FUCKING PLAY THE SHIT, WHO FUCKING CARES. WHY DO YOU THINK CROSSCODE IS THE HIGHEST RATED GAME TO COME OUT IN THE PAST FEW FUCKING YEARS? STOP TRICKING YOUR TINY BRAIN INTO THINKING NEW GPU IS GOING TO MAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE BETTER WHEN THE GAMES ARE FUCKING GARBAGE AND NOTHING WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY AND GET RID OF YOUR DEGENERACY DEPRESSION EXCEPT GOING THE FUCK OUTSIDE.

>An Game
Evertime. Why can't amdbitches just stay in ?

See

Just use SMAA.

Are you 15 or retarded?

I didn't say an once, faggot

>No argument
CUDA nigga, openCL, APIs, and shit nigga.

Single plank of wood has more polygons than a PS2 game.

>MSAA
I bet the radeon sucks at 8bit paletted textures and emboss bump mapping.
The 1060 will crush it in 3Dmark 2001

Just increase the resolution

>CUDA nigga, openCL, APIs, and shit nigga.
AMD can only into gay-mans.

Your 2003 ass is saying AMD never had a good or The Best GPU. What can be argued against this? If you are simply ignorant of GPU history, what really can I say?

I'm saying that they never had a useful GPU.

That graph shows amd handling it way better?

>GPU historian
AMD is gud at crypto, and pw cracking once
>Hurr best card confirmed

Dubs say that this user will use a pre amd ati GPU as an example.

/reroll

>What can be argued against this?
AMD didn't have any GPU's in 2003, idiot.