/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: catboy.jpg (400x565, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tc4shell.com/en/7zip/wincrypthashers/
forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56975486&postcount=59
pastebin.com/fm4Gr4qD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does Corsair offer replacement cases in the situation of the buyer damaging the case on the day of delivery? and if not is it safe to build in a case with minor damage?

Theoretical question, let's assume a file has been encrypted, could the encryption key be obtained if you have an exact copy of the file pre-encryption?

Attached: amBrbWy_700b.jpg (498x717, 56K)

Are molex to sata adapters safe? Bought a SSD but ran out of sata power connecters.

Yes

No.

Why?

Because that's how mafia works.

My computer is shutting down randomly. Thing is, it's not a hard shutdown where everything turns off instantly, but rather what would happen if you accidentally pressed the power button (Windows even asks if I want to close all programs before shutting down). Other than a faulty power button, is there any other reason why this may be happening?

M80s i downloaded Windows 10 ltsc from the iso, Checksum do not match.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong because i never checked those, just installed a 7zip plugin from here tc4shell.com/en/7zip/wincrypthashers/

>OP's Pastebin checksum
0b8476eff31f957590ade6fe671f16161037d3f6

My checksums in pic , i did analyze the whole iso, maybe is just the content inside boot i have to analyze?

Attached: file.png (994x436, 28K)

Recently I started to get less struggle with programming and get the shit done. Does that mean I'm getting better at programming?

>started to get less struggle
Yes, but your English skills are suffering.

ungoogled chromium keeps asking me to set it to default browser even though i accepted every time. and it is default on the settings. what could be the problem?

i think the problem is that google chrome is still set as default. how do i remove it?

i forgot to open it as root lol

how do I poperly install pale moon on a brand new archlinux installation? I managed to do it earlier but I built it myself and it took 2 hours to finish and I don't want to have wait 2 hours everytime I fuck something up and reinstall archlinux

Attached: wowduck.jpg (540x540, 23K)

I can't get a replacement so I would like to know if it's safe for my components to build in the damaged case. The front panel has completely broken off with some front io damage and the case appears structurally crooked but I don't think it should be that big of a problem. I'm a poorfag so buying another case would be hard to justify when I don't really mind a broken case that much.

Attached: 20190116_130850.jpg (4608x3456, 2.16M)

how the fuck did you damage it that bad lmao

Just figured it out, an array of booleans and a for loop. I'm the JavaScript autist from /dpt/ but I want to bump a thread with this post.

I tripped over the shipping box while carrying it like a fucking idiot.

Attached: 1542755832574.png (311x332, 406K)

There are 2 LTSC ISOs.
One was the bugged release and the other was the ok release.

The structural damage is minimal and shouldn't be too much of an issue but since the front panel is fucked you're better off using a cardboard box as a case.

That is, unless you can repair the front panel.

I put a sata disc drive in one of the expansion bays and that seems to keep the panel attached, I'm assuming that and maybe some hot glue should do the trick.

as long as it doesn't explode or starts a fire you're good to go user

Why is Rust memed as a leftist language?

I'm having this really annoying problem with my galaxy s9+ that popped out of the blue a week ago where I try downloading an app from the google play store and there's just a perpetual "download pending" message. I tried the solutions from google's support page like clearing the cache and data from google play and play services and the download manager but they only seem to fix the problem temporarily. Plz help /sqt/.

Why can't shit ever work properly anymore?

Attached: 1509995450308.gif (440x247, 621K)

does patreon website has some kind of download limit?
could i download all patreon content at 1 month of cost?

Attached: ok2.gif (385x158, 1.09M)

Will a GTX 1060 6GB be bottlenecked by a Core 2 Quad q9400 (overclocked to 3.5GHz) if the games I play don't 100% my CPU?

Rest of my system:
Motherboard: EP45-UD3R (has one PCIe 2.0 slot)
RAM: 4GB DDR2 1066Mhz (thinking about adding 8GB with 667Mhz or 800Mhz sticks, which would bring down the speed of my current RAM)

Because Pixiv asks you for an account to browse the site.

Yes it will be bottlenecked.
Having Dual-Channel is way more important than having fast RAM.

Yes, but doubt you will hit it.
Yes unless the owner limits it for older galleries.

Bottlenecked by what?

Your psu is either dirty af, or it's fucked. It will shut off when the psu gets to hot.

Attached: 1541252359197.jpg (500x615, 156K)

By your CPU.
It would be cheaper and better to buy a used Sandy bridge or Haswell computer for $100 than investing money in your current build.

Any TV with somewhat good low-latency levels below 500 dollars?

No such thing.

oh well

The community surrounding it is very SJW, and apparently plays morality police with people who use their language for projects, or so I've been told. Also they have a CoC

what about a 1000 dollars?

Why do you need a low latency TV in first place? just buy a monitor instead.
Most TVs are just made with cheapness and size in mind, not latency or color quality.

Amd 6100
7850 2gb
10 gb ram
Upgrade? Or new build? What mobo should I get if I start a new amd build?

Attached: 1516426434335m.jpg (576x1024, 90K)

????
error: hidden symbol 'arc4random_buf' is not defined locally

>AMD 6100
Upgrade if you have the money.

You are literally upgrading everything though.
AM4 motherboard? MSI B450 Tomahawk.
CPU? Whatever your budget allows you.
GPU? again the same, RX 570 for something good and cheap.

Because the last one I bought was a latency mess I do like to play vidya on my tv from time to time.

I got a shitty Lenovo A538 and I want root privileges, but searching didn't yield anything besides advertisements for shitty "one-click rooting 100% works without connecting to peecee!!!!!" spyware.
I don't mind connecting to PC just someone tell me how the fuck do I do it, or if you don't know the exact model I have how is it usually done on these bloated bricks?

Can I use a Sunkko Solder Iron in my generic chinese solder sation? They use the same plug, and the specifications seems to be the same. The stock iron is trash and the Sunkko uses a better heat transfer method. Left is the Sunkko, right is the one that i have.

Attached: XING XONG XING.png (1586x722, 415K)

What's the best antivirus liscence for a small business, 5-10 computers?

Sure but why not use a good station aswell?

Use SuperSU.
Check in XDA.
Also which android version are you using?

Which generic chinese station?
The Hakko 936 and 937 clones?
If so you can use a Hakko one.

not having retarded employees

Malwarebytes premium.
uBlock Origin with the extra filter lists enabled.
That program that checks for USBs when they are inserted to remove malware and other scripts that cant be detected by AV.
Remove them admin access.

4.4.2 KitKat, the Vibe UI claims it's the "newest version" so I thought that's just the hardware being too shit to handle new (((Android))). I don't think I'd want newer version though if not necessary.
Thanks for the rec

Isn't bottlenecking only supposed to occur when the CPU is maxed out though? Games like Overwatch 100% the CPU, so I expect my fps to be shit there, but I don't know why games like CS:GO where my CPU runs at 60-70% would bottleneck the GPU. Also the GPU would be transferred to a new PC later, so I wouldn't really be dumping that much money into this build.

Thanks user. I never had a problem running a game until I tried just cause 3 today. I ran fc5 okay

Attached: 1529260003685.jpg (354x280, 23K)

I'm trying to install the stock ryzen heatsink but one screw won't go in, I don't think that I stripped it and I'm afraid to put pressure on my motherboard.

how up-to-date is this guide? are the archlinuxfr repos fine? I know that I should use yay instead of yaourt

Attached: how to instal starch loonix.jpg (2170x1070, 519K)

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56975486&postcount=59
Im sure there is already an APK that can crack your phone.
Check kingroot.

>crack
Root*|

Hold the backplate from the back and try again.

Because third world country.

One of those.

Attached: Solder Sation.png (748x629, 444K)

Fucking hell

>902 clone
Jesus christ where the hell you live that you can get those, not even china makes them of how bad they were.
Anyway atleast is a clone that follows standards, look for 902 or 936 iron.
And buy a few Hakko tips, try to get the flat ones, the round ones always suck for any kind of job.

Do I need a wifi adapter with packet injection to use metasploit? Or is that only for cracking wifi. Can I use any linux distro or do I have to use meme dragon kali?

Attached: 1ae97d8cd3a83cbf91b42b5a37d1e6fd3c6bb448ed1e19e6411c350130da9657.jpg (480x640, 100K)

It's not the exact same model, but it's similar.
Guess i will just buy a TS100 since i only use the hot air anyway.

Tried that and a few more solutions, still isn't working but I've found that it's always the last screw and it's not screw or screw hole specific

can someone make their own private VPN?

Can a bad psu that start fluctuating its voltage on the rails cause freezes that need to be hard reset? I know that random shutdowns tend to indicate a psu issue, but what about lockups?

How can I draw cute boys like this?

Spikes? yes.
Still it could also be your HDD dying.

For some reason the Oldboy blu ray rip I downloaded is super fucked up on MPC-HC but works fine on VLC, I've tried changing audio and video renderers, updating, et all to no avail.

Here's the mediainfo, maybe theres some weird encoding? pastebin.com/fm4Gr4qD

Attached: oldboy.png (1708x743, 2.64M)

Am I infected? An ad redirected me to a site that had a window where it wanted me to fill in personal information, when I closed the window (on the site) it reopened it again, the window blocked me from closing the tab. I used the activity manager to close down microsoft edge and then I started a new session when I opened it again (thus not opening the tab again).

I installed AVG free antivirus shortly thereafter and it said that I had no viruses on my system. Am I safe or is my system infected? I'm running windows 10.

Attached: computer.jpg (640x480, 32K)

download malwarebytes, boot into safe mode and then scan your computer

How do I track down the reason of commands running slow on my machine (I've got MSYS2 on Windows 10)?

On Safe Mode everything is OK:
C:\>strace g++ (could be anything here instead of g++)
create_child: g++
--- Process 1235 created

On ''standard'' mode:
C:\>strace g++ (could be anything here instead of g++)

create_child: g++

--- Process 1235 created

There's a several seconds pause right before and after every create_child: line.

pls help, i'm having to use java instead of c and c++

Run Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.
Run Microsoft Autorun as admin, post logon and scheduled task tabs here.

AVG is shit.

Furmark (after minutes it freezes on its own) + prime (prime on its own does nothing) freezes my pc in a few seconds. Hdd and ram I already checked for issues, they show no problems whatsoever. It's a 5+ years old psu with a 2 year old gpu so I'm hoping the old thing is acting up.

What is the largest XDCC batch you can send? I've been downloading about 10 at a time because I don't know the max. Can you batch DL like 50? 100?

Run glxgears in Linux just to confirm its not windows.

Does it matter what model of PCI wifi adapter I buy? I know the old saying "you get what you pay for", but, does anyone have any recommendations on adapters?
>inb4 just fucking wire it you tard
This is temporary until I move, I can't wire my rig to the modem or move the modem.

Any TPLink adapter with a heatsink.

thanks

Windows 7 or windows 10? ive got to do a fresh windows install and im wondering what version of windows to install

windows 10, 7 is going to stop being supported with security updates in about a year.

any way to install it without the shovel ware?

OK, I'm nearly done with my computer science major, if I worked at a game dev company in the area as an intern would that gimp my future prospects at a real career? I would still have one year left at school but a lot of my peers are all doing really high paying programming internships but the game dev one isn't as good. But I would rather do it than work at some bullshit like general mills or visa because I know it will just be braindead.

not sure about that but you can literally remove all that crap in like a few seconds. I did it when I set up the home edition on a 2in1 laptop that I got like a year ago. When you set it up for the first time you also have the option of disabling some things such as cortana(I think).

8.1 with classic shell. There's no need to take the Win 10 cock up your ass just yet.

How hard is it to crimp/jack cat6? I have 18 or so drops I need to terminate to my switch, and into wall/receptacle jacks. I'd have to get the tools, etc. Worth it just to hire out?

Is it possible programs such as CoreTemp and HWInfo64 to be giving wrong measures for temperatures? I've never replaced the thermal paste of a 6 years old CPU and the temps are fine under load according to those programs, but I'm getting random shutdowns and the PSU is just months old.

>random shutdowns
is it crashing with a blue screen or just shutting off?

it's just shutting down without blue screen at all, sometimes unplugging and plugging back PSU cables seems to make it stay on for much longer, then after a few days the problem comes back

Do whatever you think would give you good experience. Employeers don't really care where you worked as much as they care what you did and how it applies to the job you're going for

Try replacing PSU before anything. Always suspect the most recent change before anything else. You could probably stand to replace the thermal paste just to rule that out.

Is there a service or group that can debug or crack an exe of a demo program for a fee?
Got some software that costs 8000 per year that isn't well known and would rather pay less to get it cracked.

>on Windows 10
Probably one of the hundreds of bloatware shit windows 10 ships with. Honestly if you're going to be using your computer to program linux is a better environment.

>Do I need a wifi adapter with packet injection to use metasploit? Or is that only for cracking wifi.
Just cracking wifi

>Can I use any linux distro or do I have to use meme dragon kali?
Any package kali has is available on debian as kali is just a meme version of debian (like most other meme distros).

Welp, my third Seagate 3TB died yesterday, with no warning. Had checked SMART a few days prior, and everything was fine. Each one died after about 30k hours. Fuck them.

Most of my important data is backed up online, so no big loss, but I'd like to set up a RAID 1 so I have a local mirror at all times. I know WD Red drives are typically used for this because they have TLER, but is it really worth it for my use case? WD Blues are a fair bit cheaper.

Attached: 1517539098037.png (1752x1703, 2.2M)

Go with a WD. Blue or Black.

Yeah, I got a 6TB black a while ago, so that has me covered when I need faster write speeds. These drives will just be for backup and media storage, so I'm ok with 5400 rpm. I keep reading conflicting info about TLER being essential for RAID arrays. Not true?

winlogon was empty. Scheduled tasks is the picture I added. Does everything look alright?

Attached: files.png (1184x802, 91K)